Author Topic: Fae (and werewolf) Dads and their Kids  (Read 2826 times)

spencerharper

• Tool Wrangler
Fae (and werewolf) Dads and their Kids
« on: February 16, 2018, 10:49:10 pm »
So I was just looking at the timeline for the book series and realized that Tad and Lizzie are about the same age. Now I believe I remember both of them saying at different points, that it had to do with fae wanting to see if their offsprings with humans would be as powerful as them but it got me wondering. Who else was forced to have kids? Any of the other Grey Lords we've met? And do they have the same close, and very parental relationships that Zee and Alistair have with their kids? And do you think we'll be seeing anymore 20 somethings with powerful fae parents in future books?

I'd just love to see at least a short story of Alistair and Adam bonding over their daughters who aren't magical and how they cope with a world that is becoming more dangerous for them. Or one with Jesse, Lizzie and Tad all bonding over their dads. The Lizzie and Alistair relationship is just so sweet, and I want to see more of it if Beauclaire continues to play as much of a role in the Mercy books as he has been lately.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Fae (and werewolf) Dads and their Kids
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 11:16:47 pm »
I know it has been mentioned several times that half-fae tend to be looked down upon by full fae. After all, the politician's (nephew?) from FG was abandoned by his fae father. And there was the fae healer in SF who was also, presumably, abandoned by their fae parent.

I agree, I'd be up for a scene with supernatural parents commiserating on the difficulties of have a non-supernatural child.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 12:26:17 am »
Given that the fae librarian murdered in Iron Kissed, over the list of artifacts, was also part (don't know if she was half or less) fae, and had almost no power, and was by inference at least, rather more than twenty-something, there may be a couple of human generations worth of part fae rattling around.
Given that the one fae woman convinced the human husband that her all fae daughter was his, and abandoned them both, PLUS what Ariana's father did to her, I'm of the opinion that there will be very few fae parents watching over their offspring.
Although, Ariana has watched over her descendants.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 07:03:05 am »
I think it's probably like anything else. Some do, some don't.