Author Topic: Anna's family- Speculation and thoughts  (Read 3901 times)

ladychaos

• Tool Wrangler
Anna's family- Speculation and thoughts
« on: February 13, 2017, 01:36:50 pm »

Anyone kind of hoping we will see Anna's family in a book eventually? I feel like there are so many things that could be explored:

It's clear that Anna's father knows about Anna and Charles being werewolves, but does he know everything?

How was her father told?  I can picture Charles just shifting in front of him just hours after he had threatened Charles in the Church... can you just picture it?

What about the fallout of Anna lying to her family for years? 

Does her brother know she is a werewolf? Her Sisiter in law?

Is there tension between her sister in law, brother, and herself because she used her sister in law as an excuse for not visiting for years?

What about guilt on her father and brothers side for not trying to find her or not realizing something else might be wrong?  I mean clearly she was attacked, and then dropped out of College and moved so they couldn't find her.   Did they try?

What about, if her brother has kids?  Does her SIL think she is dangerous and wont let Anna near the kids?

Thoughts?  Comments?  Concerns?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Anna's family- Speculation and thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 04:14:24 pm »
I didn't see anything that said Anna had 'come out' to her father, although she may have done.
I think - without knowing what kind of lawyer he is - he's probably seen enough domestic abuse to understand why she might have distanced herself from the family while she was under Leo & Justin's sway, and forgive that.
The rest is variable.  There hasn't been much mention of her blood family to date, so no telling how much they know, or what their reactions are.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

ladychaos

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 04:33:34 pm »
I didn't see anything that said Anna had 'come out' to her father, although she may have done.
I think - without knowing what kind of lawyer he is - he's probably seen enough domestic abuse to understand why she might have distanced herself from the family while she was under Leo & Justin's sway, and forgive that.
The rest is variable.  There hasn't been much mention of her blood family to date, so no telling how much they know, or what their reactions are.

I assumed that her father knew, because in Fair Game the CANTRIP agents contacted him about Anna and Charles.   Her father refused to answer any questions, to me he either knew before or she certainly would have explained after CANTRIP called him asking him about his werewolf daughter, at the very least he would have known after the very public trail in which Anna was a victim of the Big Game killer. 

katy

• Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 04:58:47 pm »
Hmm... I don't have the novella handy at the moment to check, but didn't Anna's father and brother both come to the wedding? There's a mention of them being at Bran's house while the wolves are on their full moon run after the wedding. I was thinking that we were told in that story that the brother had divorced in the time she had been out of contact with them, and that's further reinforced later in the series when Charles and Anna are in Boston talking about the jewelry she won't wear.  She says she might wear it if her brother decides to remarry and she doesn't like the woman and wants to intimidate her.

None of that necessarily implies that the father and brother know she's a werewolf.  Now that the wolves are out, they might know, or they likely at least have a strong suspicion, but it might be better for them not to know for sure, since they know Bran and Charles and the location of Aspen Creek.  I imagine that if Anna told her father, for instance, that Charles is a security consultant of some sort and that what he does needs to remain top secret, he would know how, as a lawyer, to be very close-mouthed when CANTRIP came calling.

I wonder, after Fair Game, when the CANTRIP agents connected her to her father so easily, if the father and brother don't have some extra protection detail provided by Bran.  After all, it makes them a target for someone trying to get leverage on Anna or Charles.

ladychaos

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 05:15:25 pm »
I wonder, after Fair Game, when the CANTRIP agents connected her to her father so easily, if the father and brother don't have some extra protection detail provided by Bran.  After all, it makes them a target for someone trying to get leverage on Anna or Charles.

Hmmm..maybe they are under the protection of whatever Alpha would be near by?  Or at least know to go there is something happened to them for protection?  It's certainly an interesting thought.