Author Topic: Aiden  (Read 6983 times)

mellinatre

• Tinker
Aiden
« on: March 10, 2016, 06:38:37 am »
Okay I like how scary he can be and how unhuman he still his but is a kind way....Christy is unhuman in a mean way but he is never actually mean only strange because he doesn't know how to act...so naturally he make me want to cuddle him!  :D

I am hoping that he will become part of the permanent cast of the Mercyverse

He is useful and have helped Joel a lot, I am sure that Joel will be able to deal with his tebecena but right now that he is not so strong yet the kid is important for his sanity.
It is so damn funny to see him deal with human behavior so I would like to see what happen when he will start to go to school... I think that a lot of laugh will be in the future with him.
And also I don't think that any human parent will be able to deal with his supernatural powers and between us I don't think that there will be a better parental couple for him than Adam and Mercy!

Do you like Aiden character or not? What do you wish for regardin his future? You want him to stay with Mercy and Adam or not?

(edited by Zealith to add spoiler bars)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:20:08 pm by Zealith »

Pee Wee

• Tinker
  • I would if I could, but I can't ;-)
Re: Aiden
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 01:18:53 am »
As Adam has the feeling to protect him, and Mercy say's a kind she likes him. Yes, I think it will be good to be a time with them. I'm thinking about - will his guise of beeing a 10 year old boy grew up?
Better to build a bad fence than waisting time with silly housework, but better you have a clean house, than a bad fence.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 04:58:58 am »
  I'm thinking about - will his guise of beeing a 10 year old boy grew up?

Probably. My wonder is he didn't age all of those years right away, as some fairy tales suggest would happen.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 09:41:42 am »
That's one of those variables, I think, Janilee. 
But by how he & Underhill spoke when he said he'd visit, I think that when he's out in this world, he'll start physically aging at a normal speed.

The apparent age vs. experience could make him a useful ally/pack friend at some point too.  Or several points.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 12:00:24 pm »
At the moment it looks like he is a non-wolf pack member. I agree he sounds like an asset.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 07:00:24 am »
He's an asset like Ben and Joel, a work in progress. He's got a lot of catching up to do in herms of local human culture. There will continue to be problems, because the attitudes and habits of centuries don't go away overnight. But he has a willing heart, and that's the main predictor of growth potential.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 02:11:33 pm »
He's an asset like Ben and Joel, a work in progress. He's got a lot of catching up to do in herms of local human culture. There will continue to be problems, because the attitudes and habits of centuries don't go away overnight. But he has a willing heart, and that's the main predictor of growth potential.

Well said.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 08:37:19 am »
Except for the part where I said "herms". Aiden might know them as wayside statues, if he were old enough. They are certainly not part of current local culture. I am impressed that spellcheck recognized the term.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 02:22:29 pm »
My lisdexyia didn't notice it at all.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 07:11:39 pm »
I contexted it to "terms" and didn't notice.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 02:23:59 am »
I noticed 'herms' and assumed you weren't using spill chuck, Pondhawk, as I wasn't familiar with the term herm.
Aiden can certainly have a place as an ally/pack asset, but the stash of Fae artifacts should not come to be a box-full of dei ex machina.
As an aside, when I tried to type the phrase 'term herm' what came out was 'term therm' and so I came to learn that 'therm' is a unit of heat.
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

misspiggy4ever

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 07:35:24 pm »
I also think he's a work in progress. He's been through a lot in his long life so it will take sometime before he's acclimated. I also believe he's a diamond in the rough. Between his knowledge of the fae, his power, and his connection to Underhill, he's a great asset to the team.   

Carradee

• writers
  • Mechanic
    • Misti Wolanski's home page
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 03:10:25 pm »
Once he grasps the underlying cultural differences, he'll adapt quickly. He wants to learn, and they're bothering to answer and to seek out the root of the disconnects. He also feels safe enough to ask questions when he has them. Don't underestimate that.

Homeschooling will probably suit him better than an actual school. Then he can progress at his own pace, take breaks when he needs them, and he doesn't have to learn yet another culture.

He'll probably always have cultural disconnects, every so often, where he comprehends things in ways utterly foreign to those around them and has no idea why they're staring at him…or maybe realizes something's odd because he's getting bewildered or startled or horrified looks.

I'm gonna go reread those scenes and cry again, now.