Author Topic: [Mercy #10] Silence Fallen: Speculation  (Read 44825 times)

katy

• Mechanic
Re: [Mercy #10] Silence Fallen: Speculation
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 11:59:57 am »
Ooh, I see that it's up for preorder on Amazon, and there's a blurb there -- appears to be the same as the goodreads blurb.  No cover image yet.

katy

• Mechanic

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 06:07:54 am »
Very nice excerpt. :D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 06:27:35 am »
I'll be linking in the news banner too, for those who don't visit this area.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 11:22:02 am »
Oh my freaking gosh..... it sound AMAZING!!!!!!

she all alone in another continent?? we my friends have not go quite close to what this book have to offer in our previouse speculations....and I LOVE IT

It's always good when a book can throw any kind of assumpion to the wind because as much as you think about what is to come what you get is not even close to what you were thinking about....I was all ready for a "Mercy and co goes to a big trip" and then the blurb come out..... can't wait

About the COVER....wow it is so hopless, black and scary...glasses all around, little cuts and blood in her face, a tattoo rose and Mercy that can be possibly passed out....all this make my little brain blow, there are info in this little piece of art? for sure the tattoo of the rose wasn't there ever before but Mercy and tattoos usually doesn't mean a lot, because every cover have different tattoos but maybe this time is different??? it's so exposed that for me it will be more strange than ever before to not have info about the tattoo when I will read the book...I need to repeat myself....WOW

I haven't read the excerpt because i don't want to spoiler myself!

Also if I can't be really sad about the pub date I was strongly rooting for a late 2016 coming out, but we have another book next year, and again it will be my birthday gift for myself...so thank you Patricia Briggs, I am more than happy!!!

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 02:28:58 pm »
Ooh! Fantastic.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 07:41:51 pm »
I am going to save this to read later, as I should have been in bed an hour ago. bOuNcY

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 08:28:17 pm »
Wonder if it's the same Pirate game Jesse was talking about in "Frost Burned" as possibly delayed.

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 01:36:00 am »
By the way, am I the only one that find the "Lord of the night" title funny? Like it is so pompous that I can't think about it without smile

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2016, 03:25:48 am »
By the way, am I the only one that find the "Lord of the night" title funny? Like it is so pompous that I can't think about it without smile

Given that there is at least one other vampire he backs off from, it's not accurate.
OTOH, I read Robert Weinberg's 'Masquerade Of The Red Death' and it has a character known as Queen of Night. So I just kind of blew on by Lord of the Night without consideration.
Thinking about it now makes me wonder if he gave himself the title or if it was done by someone, er, sucking up to him. (That phrase has new meaning when applied to vamps, doesn't it?)
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 02:43:41 am »
It sure does BillG  LOL LOL LOL

I hope Mercy make some funny jockes about the Lord of the Night title LOL

By the way now that the blurb is helping us to contestualize the action more or less, I definetly want Mercy to come back home with more werewolves, and one more female would be great because I think that she need at least another female werewolf that is 100% on her side in the pack, and only Honey is on her side right now so I would like to even the odds a little bit...because when things goes bad everyone is always prone to point his finger at Mercy no matter what

and I would like also some other being, if not werewolves, like someone else strange or different and with some kind of power to add to her list of allies now that the pack is alone

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 06:25:29 am »
I'd like to point out that officially Samuel is still a lone wolf, and we don't know if he & Ari are still in Europe... And weren't the Italians & Austrian/German werewolves squabbling over Ric, the Omega? 

I'd also like to note that when Zee & Tad got to Adam & Mercy's place in "Fire Touched", Zee says something menacing about those who tortured him, and as a stand-alone paragraph, there appear the words:  "Silence fell."  Sounds portentous to me. [/soiler]

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 03:29:03 pm »
I don't remember that, Patti. Excuse to reread!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2016, 05:15:12 pm »
I need to re-read this also because I remember the vibe of all the scenes with Zee, because he was so down and less vibrant (all understandable but a lot out of character for him) but not the actual words used....but it sounds like a big plan is behind all this

think that Patricia Briggs is changing her usual modus operandi? because that would be the first time in all Mercy books that we could have a bigger than 1 book arc for a story, if some big implications have been given in FT

I actually love arcs because they offer a big picture to puzzled over when you enjoy a story that start and end with the actual book...I am talking about books like Ilona Andrews where every book have a story that start, develops and ends with the book and a core story one that is longer and goes on for a number of books

Patricia Briggs have never actually really used this double story theme in her books till now...because even when things are left unsolved there is not usually a progression in the next book, instead a previouse issue left unsolved can not be talked for 1 or 2 books before come back to bite...so also if Mercy we have a lot of lose ends right now because: she have her vampires problems (and Stefano bond to get rid of), there is the pack secessions with all the problems that brings to them, the big government problems that is always ready to shut down all non-human citizens, the local police that now want to work with Mercy and the pack closer to solve supernatural problems, there is this kind of truce with fea but with fea this can change daily, the church problem with that hater as a priest, the petty inside the pack problem that can always resurface (and I am sure that I have forgot something else that is wait to explode in Mercy face as soon as she forget about it)....this kind of problems can be all be left suspended for the next book or so to solve something else

till now I haven't saw a big core picture like in other series here, it's more like a tones of little problems that can destroy Mercy and the pack at any given moment...maybe this silence fallen would be a big issue over more than 1 single book
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:20:58 pm by mellinatre »