Author Topic: [Mercy #10] Silence Fallen: Speculation  (Read 44826 times)

mellinatre

• Tinker
[Mercy #10] Silence Fallen: Speculation
« on: March 10, 2016, 06:13:44 am »
So I read tha Mike told the world, hahah okay not true but he wrote on Goodreads, that Patty have started to wrote book 10, it was November 2015 at the time....anyone excited like me???  bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY

Better yet here what he wrote:  In 2015 she published "Dead Heat". In 2016 she'll publish "Fire Touched" and just maybe we'll get another Mercy in late fall (no promises). She just started the next Mercy book (still untitled) today and is about ten pages into it.

Sooooooo I know that will be difficult to see this book before the end of this year but there is always a "it's not impossible" vibe either here right now, so we can't discount the notion definetly... and at the very least if she take the year to write it we will have it for sure for March 2017, so this time we'll not have to wait more than 12 months for it to come out  :-LOVE

Now that all this good news are out

What do you folks want for book number 10? I am excited about this, because it is always a big goal for a series to go on for so long...and with Mercy I can say without doubt that every book is better and better than the last one...so the story is strong and keep making sense in the best way possible.

I would like a strong werewolves plot, like I said in my topic about Adam & Bran characters, the only book that dealt only with werewolves was "Moon Called", after that there were subplots about the pack and werewolves but the heart of the stories usually were about other preternetural species...the other a little stronger about wolves was "Silver Borne" because there was the attempt to take Adam's place as alpha, but also then there was not a sole focus on the pack because there were also fea dramas.

So maybe to celebrete the 10th book Patricia will go back to werewolves alone plot as a remind of how things started...

I will love to see Mercy and Adam deal with intruders in what now is their territory!
And it is for quite some time that I am waiting to see some other alphas try to sniff around Adam's pack, because I always had the impression that the other alphas never knew how really strong is Adam....I think as a possibility than till now they saw him as a beautiful face useful in politics only and too much under Bran protection to try something.

I think that Bran have bigger plans for this secession that he have started, and I can see how maybe he can be actually quite happy to let Adam make things clear about how powerful he is on his own.

I also think that the main plot could be about werewolves and a subplot be about humans politics..they seems to go pretty well together lately LOL  and now that humans want an in with Adam's pack probably it's not too farfetched to think that we can see bigger players on the humans side than the Police officers or sleamy agents that we saw till now

So what do you think will be the heart of book 10 about? Humans politics (with maybe FBI or CIA or homeland security, CNTRP, senators or the USA president and White House involved), fea again, vampires maybe, some other scary god or impossible power, or werewolves?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 06:35:56 pm by Elle »

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Mercy Book 10
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 07:38:25 am »
Patty's said it will be vampires, in Europe.

Also, the once or twice a year meeting for alphas that Bran holds will have given the others a chance to rank Adam against themselves.  In Moon Called, Mercy mentions having (when she was with the Marrok) having memorized a list of the most dominant wolves, and Adam was about #4, after Bran, Samuel, and Charles.

Bran may be trying to break up his 'super pack' after the scare Mariposa gave him in Cry Wolf, too.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 11:57:55 am »
Oh vampires...I was really hoping about an all about werewolves this time  :(

Where do you read about it??? and thanks for the news ^__^

Yep I know about Mercy list of alphas but I have always take that scene like it was a list between her and Bran, like the knowledge that Adam is this strong in only recognize by a very limited number of people inside Bran pack and those that are actually intelligent enough to make their homeworks if it is about people outside it....like other alphas that think about themselves as better, bigger and stronger.

You really think that it is a possibility? Uhmmmm I know that things goes bad then but his pack is important enough to need to stay together for me...I never actually thought about it as a real possibility

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 01:26:11 pm »
Well, people get stupid about power; did you read "Roses in Winter", the Kara-the-teen-wolf and Asil story?  That Alaskan alpha who wanted to increase his territory?  (which reminds me of a discrepancy issue, but never mind now.)

Furthermore, and I think this goes with what you're saying, people in power (middle management at this point, if you will) will make dumb power plays based on their preferred behaviors or - well, prejudices.

Stand alone, or part of Bran's super-pack, Adam has upset the apple cart for a lot of dominant wolves, I do expect he's going to have to deal with challenges.

Pee Wee

• Tinker
  • I would if I could, but I can't ;-)
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 01:11:48 am »
Patty's said it will be vampires, in Europe.

Can made the bow to Samuel and Ariana, sitll traveling in Europe .
Better to build a bad fence than waisting time with silly housework, but better you have a clean house, than a bad fence.

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 08:14:29 am »
Heya Patty I still think a real break of the pack is not believable because it was told over and over again that this pyramid structure was what kept the werewolves strong enough to deal with other powerful beings (vampires, fea, human society...differnt kind of politics etc) for all this time...so much so that USA werewolves are stronger than the European ones or so I understood reading the books...I think that this kind of security made up for any kind of scare that can come from someone trying to use their interconnects against them...like the downside of being apart is a very worst nightmare then anything else

Oh and I am totally with you about stupid people and their stupid ideas of grandeur ...if it weren't like that we would never had any kind of play for the Marrok spot.....and for the little that we know about the other alphas I take that at least 50% of them are arrogant enough to try some stupid plot to either go against Bran leadership or dismiss informations about the power of other wolves like Charles or Adam...so yep I totally expect that Adam will soon will need to face challenges to his leadership

Well if it's about vampires this time I hope that Mercy will be soon able to find the right trick to take away her magical bond with Stefano...nothing against him but I so don't like that they are bonded

Uhmmmm it will be cool to finally "meet" the Lord of the night and his entourage

for the little info that we have till now it seems that he have some kind of power over at least a pack of werewolves...don't actually remember the proper name but he have a sort of werewolf "wife"....and if we keep in mind that european werewolves are not supposedly politically strong there could be some cool head to head between 2 so different cultures
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:17:48 am by mellinatre »

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 11:12:10 am »
Book 10 is about the vampires. :D I hope this means we get more background information about Stefan and Wulfe. I'm absolutely fascinated by those two. I'd love to know how they became vampires. I'd also like to know if Wulfe was in fact a wizard before he was changed.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 11:27:29 am »
Putting two different phrases attributed to Patty Briggs together about this book, I've come up with an idea. First it is supposed to have the to-be-changed title of Mercy goes to Europe. Second it is supposed to be about vampires. Someone has supposed that the Lord of the Night has  a part in the story. I'm coming up with a scenario where Marsilia is called back to Europe with her gang of vamps leaving Stephan the only vampire in the Tri-cities. I have not yet figured out why Mercy has to go along with this merry bunch of vampires.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 12:28:23 pm »
I doubt she & her seethe are being called back, but there may be something where Marsilla has to go answer to the Master of Milan for what's been going on in her area, and Mercy, Adam, and TBA werewolves have to go to bear witness or - and/or - deal with EUROPEAN fallout from the events of Fire Touched.

After all, not ALL the Fae have left Europe, now have they? ;D

HavParker

• Tinker
    • The Critical Artist
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 06:22:10 pm »
Mercy in Europe?! Its a dream I didn't even think to dream. *sigh*

When was that said? I missed it. (I've missed a lot! Been gone like a year.)
•Hav•

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 07:47:48 pm »
Check the signing on 3/8, the video's on Patty's facebook page.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
[Mercy 10] Silence Fallen
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 04:03:31 pm »
Patty's Facebook Page:
We have, in case we haven't announced it, a real title for the next book: Silence Fallen. So I can quit calling it Mercy goes to Europe, LOL. I've been going over our photos of European trips, trying to make sure I get things right. So throwback to 2012--Here's Mike, I and Ann standing in front of the Charles Bridge in Prague.

Am I the only one who immediately thought of Doctor Who?

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
Re: [Mercy #10] Silence Fallen: Speculation
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 04:11:43 am »
What is the Silence that has Fallen?
The book is to involve vampires, could it be that they are out?
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 05:52:29 am »
Quite possibly.

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 10:55:05 am »
In case anybody is interested there is a blurb on the goodreads site about Silence fallen. Don't read it if you don't want spoilers.

I've read it and all I will say is, I absolutely can not wait. It sounds fantastic.

Although Patty probably has not finished writing it yet so don't take it too literal at this stage.