Author Topic: Anyone else a bit worried for Mercy in Fire Touched?  (Read 3714 times)

Jake

• Grease Monkey
  • Kaiju Rulez
Anyone else a bit worried for Mercy in Fire Touched?
« on: February 16, 2016, 03:15:58 am »
Because I sure as heck am. While I'm excited to read it, I'm scared we are going to see Mercy hurt beyond badly again. While I like the fact Patricia Briggs is willing to give Mercy and her other characters hell, it always makes me sad to see Mercy put through so much harm. Let's face it, in the last few books, Mercy hasn't quite walked out of these situations ok. Both River Marked and Night Broken left me very sad in the end because she was broken, bruised, hospitalized and barley standing. I know someone will tell me "it could have been worse" which I agree with, but it still makes me very sad that those books end on that kind of note. I'd probably feel better is there was so kind of time skip to Mercy almost healed. I don't worry about Adam because he freaking has Wolverine's healing factor. While I find it cool that he does, it's a bit unfair to Mercy in my eyes. I'm crossing my fingers and hope Mercy doesn't end up beyond badly damage like the last few books. I don't think my heart could take it. I just hope there's something good for her in the end, like a vacation to Europe or Mexico with Adam and Jesse. I'd also say Japan, but we have damn Kaiju roaming there.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:18:42 am by Jake »
Forget money, I have a vision!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Anyone else a bit worried for Mercy in Fire Touched?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 06:57:34 am »
I doubt she'll be hurt as badly this time, Jake.  Patty is aware of the downer aspect of this, and how it can make people think "Oh, she's just writing the same thing, writ larger".  We might find someone else hurt badly/dead, though.  Tony, Sylvia, Joel's wife...Jesse, Gabriel?  There are folks more vulnerable than Mercy around her.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.