Author Topic: Intro from a long time fan  (Read 5893 times)

MelissaDale

• Tool Wrangler
Intro from a long time fan
« on: September 29, 2015, 12:18:22 pm »
So I wish I would have joined this forum long ago.  I picked up Moon Called the year it was released, the cover caught my eye and I do so love a good werewolf book.  I was hooked on the series and I buy the hard cover books now as soon as they come out. 

Anyway, I am 33 and currently live in Eugene area of Oregon while my husband attends grad school.  However, I spent the last 12 years living in various places around Alaska.  I miss it very much, though when the snows start in mid September, I can't say I miss that much at all.  I aspire to write my own urban fantasy book(s), I'm working on making that a reality now.  I run and play roller derby when I can in addition to reading all the things.  I have a fascination with poking dead things.  Whatever.  :P

I was sad to see I missed the Hurog Howl...though I was in the area when it was going on.  Traveling back from a wedding in Augusta, MT, I made my husband stop at Maryhill and the Stonehenge.  I didn't know it was the same weekend as the Howl until I got home and was looking through the fan facebook page.  I was so disappointed.  I'm hoping there will be another event next year.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and talking about all sorts of awesome urban fantasy!  :D

chloe

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Intro from a long time fan
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 12:40:18 pm »
Welcome Melissa!  I too wish I had found this forum years ago, and Patty's books too.  I am a relatively recent convert but I've been reading urban fantasy since it started, before it had its own section in books stores (when they put it in the horror section, or romance, or even mystery).  I managed to find Patty's website and list of appearances in time to make it to the Howl though.  It was excellent!  Some of us that met at the Howl were hoping to spark some discussions on this forum but we haven't been super successful thus far.  Good luck with your writing asperations!  I live in the Seattle area.  It was fun reading those of Patty's books that "happened" in Seattle.  I can't wait for the next installment in the Mercyverse - "Fire Touched".  I'm guessing (hoping) the forum will be more active then.  :)

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 03:30:22 pm »
Welcome to the forum. We always enjoy when new people come to play. :D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 06:20:27 pm »
Welcome, MelissaDale.
Feel free to post things, along with Chloe, and roust us old-timers up!  I always hope for that, myself. 
Sad we couldn't meet you at the last Howl. 

Patty's assistant Ann is hoping we can do this at least every other year now, so stay tuned, and provide input!  Squeaky wheels are the ones that get the grease, y'know. 
Just ask Mercy!  ;)
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 06:16:11 pm »
Welcome to the forum! I look forward to chatting with you.

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 01:44:58 am »
Welcome, indeed. Hop in and join the fun.
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 02:23:17 am »
A welcome, young lady.
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

wolvin.mm

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 11:18:18 am »
Welcome, I hope to see you around :)