Author Topic: [Mercy 9] Fire Touched [The Book Spoiler Thread]  (Read 42091 times)

mellinatre

• Tinker
Re: [Mercy 9] Fire Touched [The Book Spoiler Thread]
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2016, 12:06:13 pm »
 :( :( :-' I feel you cwenwyn

It was so crazy that part, finally we see the walking stick become actually sentient 100% and we saw it make a decision about an actual situations finally thanks to its connection with Mercy and a second later it is dead... an heroic death for sure but it was so sad

Like you I hope to see it coming back, it is a magical thing so maybe it can absorb some magic in the earth and become something else or restor itself or find its way back some other way ....never say never... but I was heartbroke and for now I am mourning its death

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 01:32:03 pm »
I'm sad to see it go, in some ways, but as one of the reviews I read said, "It was getting deux ex walkingstick, lately."

That being put paid is a good idea.  I mean, consider how many of the past 6 books, since it 'joined the cast' it has been the deciding factor in.  Really. 

If that kept up, the series title would need to be changed, and there's already a "Walker Papers" UF series, whose main character's REAL name is Walkingstick.

Now, seeing - what would you call it, River Devil's Bane? - be the germination ground for a useful supernatural plant would be cool.  Personally, I think they should grow St. John's Wort over it; bearing in mind how the "Good Vibrations" acted as a ward/shield for Mercy against the troll.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2016, 04:13:43 pm »
I like that idea too Patti.

I was sad to see the walkingstick die, and sadder still because it made the decision to die instead of Mercy.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2016, 07:59:03 pm »
I like that idea too Patti.

I was sad to see the walkingstick die, and sadder still because it made the decision to die instead of Mercy.

You'd rather Mercy had died? ???

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2016, 08:14:33 pm »
No, but a willing sacrifice always makes me sadder than an accidental one for some reason.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2016, 08:22:19 pm »
Hmm.... I'm going to PM you a question on that!

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2016, 03:09:51 am »
Ooooh, yeah. I loved it. I'll pull a single incident, from a huge list, to cite. When one of the Gray Lords asked Zee why he was not one of them, after he faced the group down, and he answered "No one asked me."
ROFLMAO
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2016, 07:08:34 am »
If you don't ask, you mostly won't get.

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2016, 11:11:14 am »
LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!  :-LOVE :-LOVE :-LOVE  The Adam I love is back and I adored the interaction with the pack. I'm fascinated with the members of this pack. I can't wait to find out more about Sherwood. He's quite handy with an axe and Zee is certain he has seen him fight somewhere before. I agree with Zee, Bran probably knows who Sherwood really is but is keeping quiet about it, presumably to see where it goes with him.

And Mercy,  :-* out of all the female characters I read about within various different books/series, she is hands down my absolute favourite character.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2016, 01:51:34 pm »
Loved it. Thought the ending was excellent. Could see many ways for it to go forward in the future. Rather glad to see Mercy didn't get herself too damaged in this adventure. Though climbing the crane could have been a nasty way to go. Liked meeting new pack members. Wonder if we will ever get to know more about Zac?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2016, 03:25:56 pm »
I really enjoyed that line too, Bill.

YuleRule

• Tinker
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2016, 04:33:32 pm »
So I really liked this, but for some reason it seemed really short? Maybe I've been reading too many long novels. So I noticed that Mercy doesn't transform into her coyote form at all this book. Is this the first time she doesn't transform at all in a novel?
So we always knew that Zee was a pretty strong fae, nice to see confirmation that he's basically on Gray Lord level. I hope to see more of Margaret (and Hao). So I guess Mercy has problems with being abandoned. Her mother giving her sort of away for adoption, foster parent committing suicide, (when was the first time Bran abandoned her?) So due to her abandonment issues it's interesting to see that she called herself Coyote's daughter, then claiming Coyote isn't her father, Joe Old Coyote is and he died, not abandoned her.
Please Check These Out!

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2016, 04:44:08 pm »
I think it is YR. Well done for catching that. I certainly didn't notice.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2016, 04:51:51 pm »
Yule Rule, I took it to be a recognised need for dramatic effect.

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2016, 03:04:11 am »
I think the first time Bran 'abandoned her' was when he interfered with Samuel marrying her because Sam was so desperate for a child.
And Mercy has been ambivalent about her father being Coyote or Joe Old Coyote ever since she learned that Joe was an avatar of Coyote.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:10:53 am by BillG »
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia