Author Topic: alpha omega book 5  (Read 26274 times)

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
Re: alpha omega book 5
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2018, 06:56:36 am »
I don't remember how to do spoiler bars. Since spoilers don't bother me, I peeked under the ones here. I'm a little over a third of the way in, having read that far last night and this morning, and had already guessed that it was the character the spoiler bars are hiding. This is probably a function of having read mostly mysteries from second grade on, starting with Encyclopedia Brown and Nancy Drew (yes, I was a very early reader). Now I have a wet, snowy day and the rest of the book ahead of me to finish before afternoon lessons. Life is good!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2018, 08:27:37 am »
If you do full-fledged "reply" instead of quick reply, it's one of the button options; it actually spreads to 2 buttons!  Upper right, near the font color change drop box.

If you're doing quick reply, it's [ spoilers]whatever[ /spoilers] just like the [ img] or [ i] for images or italics.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2018, 07:58:51 am »
Ah; got it - the one with the question mark. My computer doesn't have a quick reply feature that I am aware of. I always use the normal reply button.

pjfrisch

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2018, 01:48:25 pm »
I am happy with how Leah is shown in this book.  I think that all along we have gotten Charles and Mercy's viewpoint of her.  Leah is a strong person, and we can see that Bran trusts her.  When he got the wrong idea in his  head about the incident in the book, it really hurt him.  I think that over the years, Bran has grown to love Leah, at least in some way.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2018, 07:02:28 am »
Regarding that, real people are neither all good nor all bad, and good writers rarely portray them as either. And PB is a very good writer. I don't understand the need to hate on a character as opposed to that character's actions. Granted that some people are pretty hard to like; that doesn't ipso facto make them evil.

And most of them come by their behavior honestly. I say this as someone with a psychopathic parent (RIP, because there wasn't a lot of peace in her lifetime). You can still meet them in the moment and appreciate the good they do when they can manage it, while always protecting yourself and others from their otherwise overwhelming negativity.

It helps to figure out what others see in difficult people. We know that Bran's priority is the good of the Pack. We can recognize that he would take that into consideration in choosing a mate. Therefore, he must have calculated that her overall impact on the Pack would be at least slightly into positive territory. Worth remembering, even if Bran has shown himself to be not infallible.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:06:55 am by pondhawk »