Author Topic: alpha omega book 5  (Read 26038 times)

ladychaos

• Tool Wrangler
Re: alpha omega book 5
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 01:44:39 pm »
I think that it's interesting how a part of the fan base is so against the simple idea that maybe just maybe Leah is so human that she can have a change of heart at some point during their marriage, or that actually she is reaching her breaking point.

For me: it's true that Leah have entered her marriege consciusly about what she was getting into? Absolutely
But that does means that she deserve everything she is getting? No

This was a classic exsample of arranged marriage, Leah and Bran have arranged it for themself....but it seems to me that Bran is the one that have done nothing to make the arrangement work....he dispise his wife and it shows, even when he his on his wife side there is a big elephant in the room that I feel as a reader...how much his wolves are able to get the same double, incongruouse message out of him...."do what my wife said also if I hate her"

For me Leah and Bran need: 1) to get out of this corrosive relationship or 2) if they really need to stay together they need to try to do things differently

because seriusly it is kind of naive to think that Leah and Bran remain immutable truogh the years so this arrangements need new basis to work or need to be broke....it isn't working, they are miserable...and miserable people do horrible things to one another....I know that usually the uproar is for when Leah does something mean and aweful...but when it comes to aweful things that Bran is doing, anyone seems fine to forgive and forget becouse he his Bran....this is a double standard that I think it is applied not only by us readers but also by pack memebers in the books

Leah is not the root of all evils she needs a brake or to start to be treated differently, not by others pack memebrs, not by Bran's sons, but by Bran...there is no way that things can go well for those two if things keep going like that and maybe just maybe Bran can start to realize that he his with her because he needs her more than she needs him....mental sanity in my books trumps any kind of power playing

So I would like to see someone tell Bran to stop be a baby when it comes to Leah and simply chose what he want to do...and if he want to stay with her because he likes his sanity..he should talk to Leah to be able to change the dinamics

And I keep telling that Bran's should talk and do and etc, only because he his the one with the true power there to change things if they stay together....if it comes to end their marriage Leah is more than able to take this path, and powerful enough to do it....any woman in america have enough power to ask for a divorce...but if they want to make the marriage work, this is a thing that only Bran could do

I would like to see a change in their relationship, the change can be definetly different for what I feel like should become...but for me the two of them deserve to be loved or in, at the very least, a healty relationship

About everything else I am good with anything that Patricia Briggs give us....it's usually a lot better than anything I can come up with

The thing is....the fact that they are incapatable as humans, and are really only mated on a wolf level is why it works for Bran....its what he wants. He knows he is cruel to Leah, but he also chose her because she is shallow, power hungry, and overall not a person he could fall in love with.  He wanted that because he wanted to make sure that his wolf remained sated without putting his heart at risk,  he knows he cannot risk falling in love again like he loved Blue Jay Woman. 

It is a dysfunctional relationship, and it isn't hurtful to Leah, but it is intentional.  Bran intentional chose a person he couldn't love.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 04:22:35 pm »
Mmm.  They're incompatible on the human level, for the most part; Leah just isn't up to Bran's weight on intelligence or farsight. 
But as far as "It isn't hurtful to Leah", I have to disagree.  It does hurt her, but this is something that theoretically she was informed about; that they wouldn't be a true match; when she agreed to be his mate.  I just don't think she understood then how much it would hurt her.  To be in a (again, in theory) 24 hour a day relationship with another person who locks you out of his deepest councils, allowing in only his adult sons, at least one of whom is probably 5 times your own age, is going to wear on the sunniest disposition, and Leah's was never that.
Then the fact that Mercy joined his inner circle of "kill to protect" family more deeply than she was admitted, that rankles too, right?  And Mercy can have children.  And while Bran won't allow her to be disrespected by others, he still doesn't really respect her himself deeply enough to take her into his council in spite of her shortcomings.
And this really belongs in the Cornick Family area rather than A&O book 5 speculation.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

ladychaos

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 04:25:33 pm »
Mmm.  They're incompatible on the human level, for the most part; Leah just isn't up to Bran's weight on intelligence or farsight. 
But as far as "It isn't hurtful to Leah", I have to disagree.  It does hurt her, but this is something that theoretically she was informed about; that they wouldn't be a true match; when she agreed to be his mate.  I just don't think she understood then how much it would hurt her.  To be in a (again, in theory) 24 hour a day relationship with another person who locks you out of his deepest councils, allowing in only his adult sons, at least one of whom is probably 5 times your own age, is going to wear on the sunniest disposition, and Leah's was never that.
Then the fact that Mercy joined his inner circle of "kill to protect" family more deeply than she was admitted, that rankles too, right?  And Mercy can have children.  And while Bran won't allow her to be disrespected by others, he still doesn't really respect her himself deeply enough to take her into his council in spite of her shortcomings.
And this really belongs in the Cornick Family area rather than A&O book 5 speculation.

opps....spelling error...I mean that it is hurtful to Leah

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 09:07:36 pm »
So, I got curious tonight, and did some searching.

https://www.fantasticfiction.com/b/patricia-briggs/burn-bright.htm

Looks like the title is going to be Burn Bright? It's not on Amazon yet, so no idea what the American cover will be.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 09:40:29 pm »
All I can think of is the Poem By William Blake The Tyger

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 01:58:26 pm »
One of my favorite poems.  :-LOVE

SecretSalute

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2017, 12:33:56 pm »
It's been a long time since I've posted here.

But I got all excited to see that there's now a cover for Burn Bright on Patty's Facebook page :D (you may have to scroll down)

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPatriciaBriggs/?hc_ref=ARQJ-PuL_1q5bL9WhqzBpZiV8AAQ2JlH-ra4veqr12SzXWFm_hAZoTJwoyTNaqV4ob4&fref=nf

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2017, 01:08:11 pm »
Thank you for pointing it out.  :)
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2017, 07:38:37 pm »
Honestly, the cover is making me drool. It's so pretty!

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 02:26:04 am »
Entwined by thorned vines...what have we here?
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 06:57:58 am »
Those vines and fowers look a little bit like some heritage roses I've seen.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2017, 11:24:21 am »
Maybe Lady Banks' rose? That one is big in TX I believe.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2017, 01:03:59 pm »
Alister Clark Squatter’s Dream rose (This is Australian.)

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2017, 01:52:26 am »
Those vines and fowers look a little bit like some heritage roses I've seen.

Ah-ha! So that's it! They've run afoul of a rogue group of rose rustlers! They'll be sorry they ever heard of Aspen Springs!
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2017, 07:37:35 am »
That's really close, Janilee.