Author Topic: alpha omega book 5  (Read 26039 times)

pcpoet

• Grease Monkey
alpha omega book 5
« on: July 22, 2015, 01:59:31 am »
just curies what do people want to see in the next book

I want to see Patricia Briggs delve more on the pack structure in Montana. I also want to see them explore the theme of family and how were wolves  work when were wolves adopt .children.

I think a good story line would be having some children being placed with Anna and Charles because there lives are in danger if they are placed in a normal household.

I would love to see more exploration of lea and Bram's relationship.  it would be interesting to have lea's wolf  decide to break her mating with Bram (I personally think that Bram is despicable for how he is using lea. I think most of leas problems is that she knows that she is not loved and she knows that when the marocks  chose her she had no choice in the mating)

I want to see ausiel  and satchel interaction.

I want to see interaction of non were wolf families in the marocks territory.

I want to see a were wolf with a unusual problem that being in a normal pack is not a option.

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
Re: alpha omega book 5
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 05:08:50 am »
I would love to see more exploration of lea and Bram's relationship.  it would be interesting to have lea's wolf  decide to break her mating with Bram (I personally think that Bram is despicable for how he is using lea. I think most of leas problems is that she knows that she is not loved and she knows that when the marocks  chose her she had no choice in the mating)

I agree that Bran and Leah's relationship is messed up, but isn't it supposed to be their human sides that don't match? Their wolves are fine with being a pair. I don't remember exactly where it said that, or the exact wording, but I think it was something Charles said in one of the Alpha and Omega books, about Bran and Leah's wolves being close as a mated pair but the human sides not matching?

So if Leah did decide to leave Bran, it would be because the human side had had enough, rather than the wolf. I also think that she probably knew exactly what she was getting into when she and Bran first got together; I doubt Bran would have lied or misled her about what he could and could not give her. And I'm sure she DID have a choice in whether or not she chose to mate with him. I suspect Leah was ok with it because of the position of power she'd get, and only later started to get upset about not having everything else.

I think it would be interesting if Leah finally decided that power etc wasn't enough and decided to break up with Bran and find someone she could actually love, and who could love her. But from what we've seen, I suspect it's unlikely that she actually would do that because she likes the power she currently has too much (as we saw from how she acted when she went to Charles' house to see Anna when she first arrived.)
Still, that hint in the 'Roses In Winter' story about Leah not being horrible to Kira etc, so maybe she's changing a bit? Or starting to?
Anyway, it would be interesting to see what happened if Leah did change and finally decided to break up with Bran.

It seems like the fae and working with human authorities are the main things that the alpha and omega books are focusing on though, and increasingly so as tensions build up between the fae and the humans, and it doesn't look like that's going to change any time soon.
They always seem to have a little bit set in the Montana pack area, then the rest of the story somewhere else (Out in the mountains, or in some other city.) So I'd assume book 5 would be likely to follow the same pattern and not actually spend a lot of time in the Montana pack, dealing with the issues there, and instead mostly focus elsewhere on a plot involving how the humans are trying to deal with werewolves and/or the fae/human tensions that are still escalating.

It might be interesting to see how some of the werewolf issues (like adopting children, or unusual werewolf problems etc) are dealt with in the Marrok's pack, but with all the outside world escalating tensions, I don't think Anna and Charles are going to be able to stay at home and bury their heads in the snow, dealing with just their own personal issues and their pack's issues. I think they're going to be sent out somewhere again.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:13:34 am by Itsy-Cat »

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 08:07:10 am »
I just want to see what Ms. Briggs decides to write. They are her characters, and she knows a lot better than I do where they need to go from here. If I wanted to direct the way a book would go, I would write it myself. Really good authors are an enormous blessing to readers  that, in my opinion, goes insufficiently appreciated way too often.

pcpoet

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 09:36:27 am »
I am trying to become a writer my self and the one thing I believe is that an author with a fan base should never write to please there fan base because if they do that the writing will actually suffer.  what I posted is what I would like to see. but what I realy want is for the author to write the story that comes to her  with out being influenced by the desires of the readers . if I thought that posting my desires for the next book I would not poste them here at all.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 12:24:39 pm »
I am trying to become a writer my self and the one thing I believe is that an author with a fan base should never write to please there fan base because if they do that the writing will actually suffer.  what I posted is what I would like to see. but what I realy want is for the author to write the story that comes to her  with out being influenced by the desires of the readers . if I thought that posting my desires for the next book I would not poste them here at all.

This.  I'm with you.  It's fun to speculate, though, so go right ahead.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

pcpoet

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 03:22:50 pm »
if one reads cry wolf to the very end we find out that bran chose lea for his wolf because he despises her personally as a person and feels that there is no danger of him coming to love her like he loved Charles mother. he feels that his wolf needs to be mated to keep him sane but does not want to be in a relationship personally.

this is totally using Lea and her wolf. yes I am sure that desire for power is what motivated lea in to the relationship. but it is an evil being perpetrated on lea. when one does not feel love in a sexual relationship it is corrosive to those that are in it. we are all flawed and when someone is emotionally abused those flaws become more pronounced.. I hope the author explores all of this because for me as a reader this is all interesting,

in the sort story a rose in winter I loved the fact that Karra was totally oblivious to leas short comings and might of even seen Lea's  as a friend. I no it drove some reading the story nuts because a lot of readers want to hate the character because she was introduced as a antagonist in the mercy series  and has continued to be one in the alpha Omega series.

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 02:22:42 am »

I'll third the motion. And on the subject of speculating (and going off-topic)  I love to speculate on a third Hurog novel in which Ward finds it necessary to fight with an axe, which he has always avoided because he thinks he might like it too much.
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 10:38:59 am »

I'll third the motion. And on the subject of speculating (and going off-topic)  I love to speculate on a third Hurog novel in which Ward finds it necessary to fight with an axe, which he has always avoided because he thinks he might like it too much.

A new Hurog novel there Ward will fight with an axe? I knew there were comming a knew book but not that it was about.

I think the books that are writen by the author without influence from the fans is the best. Then the author try to please the fans the book become about trying to write the story the readers want and not writing a the good book.
Still I hope Ms. Briggs will have Bran in the next Alpha and Omega book, a little part there we is inside Bran's head like in the end of Cry Wolf. I also hope to find out more about why the fae fear him.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 03:56:48 pm by Nille »
[/url]

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 01:14:53 am »

A new Hurog novel there Ward will fight with an axe? I knew there were comming a knew book but not that it was about.

I think the books that are writen by the author without influence from the fans is the best. Then the author try to please the fans the book become about trying to write the story the authors want and not the good one.
Still I hope Ms. Briggs will have Bran in the next Alpha and Omega book, a little part there we is inside Bran's head like in the end of Cry Wolf. I also hope to find out more about why the fae fear him.

Another Hurog novel may be coming, at some time. What it would be? No idea. I'm just fixated on Ward being forced to fight with the weapon he shuns.
Hmm, now I think I'll have to go back and find the exact quote.
Leo Buscaglia

ladychaos

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 04:17:44 pm »
Personally,

I would love to see Anna and Charles continuing in the investigational capacity.  They are an amazing pair, and their techniques complement each other quite nicely.  I like the role of the preternatural investigators they are taking on.

Out side that: I would love to see more Leslie Fisher, I'm secretly hoping to see her being brought to Montana and getting changed. ;)

I would also love to see more Max from Dead Heat, like if he came up to work on Charles and Anna's ranch for the summer.  I think he would be a great wolf as well.

That aside, I've never read a book of Patty's I didn't like! Anything she chooses to do I will love!

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 04:27:17 am »
Well, I find myself embarrassed, by myself, yet again. I'd forgotten about posting thoughts of Ward possibly using an axe. Yeah, I had the thoughts. But a re-read of the Hurog novels showed me that Ward did not want to avoid using an axe because he thought he'd like it to much. He had used one and definitely did not like the way he felt afterward.
Oopsie.
So much for that scenario I had created in my warped little mind.
After I noticed that, I went to The Hurog 'Verse Worksheet and posted the relevant quote. Hopefully that means I won't forget it again. :-[
Leo Buscaglia

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 04:30:36 am »
I think that it's interesting how a part of the fan base is so against the simple idea that maybe just maybe Leah is so human that she can have a change of heart at some point during their marriage, or that actually she is reaching her breaking point.

For me: it's true that Leah have entered her marriege consciusly about what she was getting into? Absolutely
But that does means that she deserve everything she is getting? No

This was a classic exsample of arranged marriage, Leah and Bran have arranged it for themself....but it seems to me that Bran is the one that have done nothing to make the arrangement work....he dispise his wife and it shows, even when he his on his wife side there is a big elephant in the room that I feel as a reader...how much his wolves are able to get the same double, incongruouse message out of him...."do what my wife said also if I hate her"

For me Leah and Bran need: 1) to get out of this corrosive relationship or 2) if they really need to stay together they need to try to do things differently

because seriusly it is kind of naive to think that Leah and Bran remain immutable truogh the years so this arrangements need new basis to work or need to be broke....it isn't working, they are miserable...and miserable people do horrible things to one another....I know that usually the uproar is for when Leah does something mean and aweful...but when it comes to aweful things that Bran is doing, anyone seems fine to forgive and forget becouse he his Bran....this is a double standard that I think it is applied not only by us readers but also by pack memebers in the books

Leah is not the root of all evils she needs a brake or to start to be treated differently, not by others pack memebrs, not by Bran's sons, but by Bran...there is no way that things can go well for those two if things keep going like that and maybe just maybe Bran can start to realize that he his with her because he needs her more than she needs him....mental sanity in my books trumps any kind of power playing

So I would like to see someone tell Bran to stop be a baby when it comes to Leah and simply chose what he want to do...and if he want to stay with her because he likes his sanity..he should talk to Leah to be able to change the dinamics

And I keep telling that Bran's should talk and do and etc, only because he his the one with the true power there to change things if they stay together....if it comes to end their marriage Leah is more than able to take this path, and powerful enough to do it....any woman in america have enough power to ask for a divorce...but if they want to make the marriage work, this is a thing that only Bran could do

I would like to see a change in their relationship, the change can be definetly different for what I feel like should become...but for me the two of them deserve to be loved or in, at the very least, a healty relationship

About everything else I am good with anything that Patricia Briggs give us....it's usually a lot better than anything I can come up with

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 07:53:15 pm »
Those are good points, mellinatre. Since we know Ms. Briggs doesn't generally write black or white human characters, it would be nice to see some more shading in Leah at some point, and for Bran to come down off the pedestal a little.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 09:27:25 pm »
Bran's only on a pedestal to certain people, and even those are seeing the feet of clay.
-at least in the books.
Leah is showing some nuance, as being nice to young Kara, but she's 'on camera' so little that we don't see it.

Well, in my opinion.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

pcpoet

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 01:06:40 am »
one thing that I never heard brought up is the fact that most wolves that have interaction with bran and leah would no that there was no love in it for them.   I would think this would be damaging to the pack itself. sort of like in the mercy novels mercy not being aware that Adam had told the pact that mercy was his mate.