Author Topic: Mercy and Stefan Blood Bond  (Read 12927 times)

mellinatre

• Tinker
Re: Mercy and Stefan Blood Bond
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 04:38:52 am »
I am not sure that 2 Sheete can stay in the same territory, vampires strong enough to stay alone have usually a territory all for themselves (James Blackwood and Thomas Hao have been an example of that)...for how things seem to works there vampires are as territorial as werewolves so I think that right now what is suspending any kind of confrontation between Marsilia and him is the fact that she is waiting for him to come back into the fold

Interesting and actually unexpected point of view Nille but as much as I found the idea intriguing I don't think something like that happen for real, Darryl is second and we have all saw how he dislike vampires (Stefan included)..been him second in the pack I think that he is not the only one that feel like him about vampires of any kind...and also if we like Stefan I don't think vampires have the kind of mind setting that could make them interact with pack bonds in the right way....sheets works a lot different than packs and that is because they need different things to stay together

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 11:29:21 am »
I doubt even Mercy could make Stefan a pack member, since with her, she was close enough to werewolf (as a supernatural, shapeshifting canine, I guess) for the pack magic to let her in, and Joel is also a supernatural shapeshifting canine, so he could join too... but humans can't join, and stefan is a vampire Not a shapeshifter, and not even technically alive, so he's probably even further from werewolf than a human.

I think, didn't Bernard mention something about it being possible for two vampires to exist at the same power level in the same territory/seethe if they had a strong connection/loved each other? So with Stefan and Marsilla, maybe their connection is strong enough that Stefan can exist within Marsilla's territory indefinately without him having to submit to her authority.
Or there was that character in 'Gray', I think it was, who got an agreement with the master of the Chicago seethe to be allowed to exist within the same territory, separate from his seethe, in a formal agreement, after she'd freed him by killing his former master.
So I think it can happen.

And with the possibility of Marsilla or Wulfe taking the bond between Mercy and Stefan, and that whole thing where Blackwood couldn't take it because it was too strong, and bonds formed by choice being stronger than those that are forced on someone, and the whole thing with Wulfe asking Mercy if he could drink from her, and Stefan telling her never to LET him bite her...
From all that, I got the impression that Wulfe and Marsilla could only take the blood bond Stefan has with Mercy if she willingly allowed them to bite her, because it's otherwise too strong.
And even if that's incorrect, I still think it would be even easier for them to get a blood bond with Mercy if she wasn't tied to any other vampire at all (again, look at what happened with Blackwood.)
Still, ultimately, I don't think Marsilla or Wulfe would seriously try to force Mercy to become blood bonded with them because they know about the werewolves, and Bran.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 04:28:28 pm »
Hard to tell what Wulfe wants, he's pretty crazy.  I don't think Marsillia wants Mercy bonded to her, she wants Mercy dead. After suffering sufficient torment, of course.

You're right that the "Gray" story did have the formal agreement for one unaffiliated vampire to exist in the territory of another Seethe - like Samuel's existence in the Columbia Basin pack territory, but I think that Marsillia or Wulfe, on her behalf, might try to pressure Stephan by rescinding that.
At that point, he could exert his own sort of pressure by going to Spokane.  He might not want to have a full fledged Seethe, but he does have that one guy on the cusp, and it gets him further away from Mercy, too.  Less stress on his crush on her, I'd think.   Also he isn't right there when she's doing things that bring her to the brink of death.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 09:35:55 am »
I love Stefan he's one of my favorite characters. I can't remember the exact words Mercy used in Night Broken, but wasn't it along the lines of her liking the bond she has with Stefan or something? I hope they keep their bond and it grows stronger, I think Stefan needs his bond to Mercy that it helps him hold onto his humanity, it shows the man he is, he was already different from quite a few other vamps kind of like Thomas Hao, but this makes him more different I think, that he doesn't take advantage of the bond. It also instills their friendship on a deeper level. I think if Mercy really wanted out of the bond her coyote part would find a loophole, but it isn't too concerning. I think her bond with the pack who don't want her and have made attempts to push her out or play with her is more harmful that the bond she has with Stefan.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 09:47:19 am »
Mercy's pretty tangled in bonds.  Mate bond, Columbia Basin pack bond, Stephan bond, Samuel & Mercy pack bond, then the less formal/visible bonds of her blood family, and the people she likes/loves outside that, Jesse, Gabriel, Zee & Tad, Tony, Sylvia & her girls...
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 12:35:12 pm »
True, we haven't see the use of Mercy's bond with Sam for awhile I wonder if it will come up again?

Melanie

• Tinker
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2019, 11:22:34 am »
Okay... how about Stephan sets up his own Seethe?  Take over Spokane now the Monster's not there?  He's got that one guy who's on the verge of turning already...
I don’t think that Stefan wants his own seethe and he wants to stay near Mercy.
In SF Patty offers a different solution for Stefan’s fledgling Ford:
Kocourek`s seethe mind be a good place for Ford, Stefan’s sheep, after Stefan changed him.
The sheeps Stefan has chanced, before Marcilia tortured them, life in Marcilia`s seethe, but neither Ford nor Stefan would trust Marcilia enough to put vampire-Ford in her seethe.