Author Topic: Do you like Auriele?  (Read 10299 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Do you like Auriele?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 09:49:05 pm »
Do we know how old Aurielle is?  She may be acting from prejudices that were laid down anywhere from 30 to 300 years ago, when all those racial slurs Anna heard Travis Heuter using in "Fair Game" were normal speech and attitudes.  Ditto attitudes about homosexuality.

She's also ordinarily fairly reasonable, but Christie gets into her head and twists things.

Another thing to keep in mind - not just for Auriele - is that habit of humans (and werewolves are humans with additions in some aspects, stripped out bits in other ways) to always want/need someone we can feel superior to.  "I may be a despised ______, but at least I'm not ________."
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
Re: Do you like Auriele?
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 06:47:21 am »
Minorities know not to judge? Please. African American church leaders are some of the loudest voices against marriage equality, so you know the minority solidarity thing doesn't always work the way it should. Granted that other minority leaders, including some other African American pastors, have gotten the memo and support gay people, you simply cannot assume that one minority is going to support another minority. Humans are tribal animals and tribalism just does not work that way. I could give you an example from almost any country in the world. Patti's example is one aspect, and there is also the aspect of promoting tribal solidarity through suspicion of outsiders. This occurs in nonhuman primates as well, and in fact in most social animals. It's hardwired into us, and takes conscious effort and practice to overcome.

EFG, or possibly EFT through spellcheck.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:15:01 pm by pondhawk »