Author Topic: Will Christy stay?  (Read 27089 times)

mellinatre

• Tinker
Will Christy stay?
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:39:15 am »
I think that we haven't see the end of Christy unfortunately  >:(

she is so annoying but it's actually funny to read how much she can be self-centered and mean in a "poor me" kinda of way

she haven't actually caused so many problems to Mercy and Adam yet so I think that "Night Broken" was only the very tip of the iceberg...and we need to prepare ourself for what she will plan next..now that she seems so much in love again with Adam

and I can't wait to discover what have made Adam so mad with her finally at the end of this book...it can be that he have heard about how Christy was wishing for Mercy's death but something tell me that it can be for something even more outrageous...maybe she have tried to "confort" him when Mercy was in her coma?..I wouldn't put past her a behavior like that  :P

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Will Christy stay?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 08:55:25 am »
I didn't get the impression during the hospital scenes that Adam was any more angry at Christy than he'd been (and he was deadly furious) whle she was playing her power games when Mercy was fighting for her life in the garage.
I wouldn't be shocked if she did try to re-settle in the neighborhood again, "home", but maybe she'd live in town, at a decent remove from Mercy & Adam's house/pack central.
After all, per the reason Adam was home so much during "Night Broken", Christy didn't feel safe among werewolves undiluted by his presence. :-whistle
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 10:27:54 am »
Uhmmm I don't know I felt like Adam was a lot more angry with Christy than ever... the part that say

<<"....As for Christy-" His skin next to mine flushed, and his eyes lightened to amber for just a moment.....>>

I can be wrong but I think that this is actually the first time that we see Adam so mad with his ex-wife to the point that his eyes change color

the other part of my hypothesis was due to his flushed skin, not sure if it was due to anger and it could totally be possible, but we have read a lot of times about how Adam flush all embarrassed with Mercy (and I find it so sweet by the way)...so I thought that maybe Christy have been inappropriate in some way to make him all red.

Christy surely will feel more comfortable around werewolves if this is more convenient for her like everything else....so for me she will stay with her soooooooooo good friend Auriele for some time, so the two of them plus Mary Jo can gang up better against Mercy in a mean girls kind of way  :-whistle
Poor Darryl  LOL LOL LOL

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 11:45:00 am »
Good point about the convenience of Christy's fear of weres. Regarding Adam's physical signs of anger, however, I think Mercy wasn't physically present to see them before, as those conversations happened over the phone.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 09:17:07 pm »
You're both right about "the convenience of Christy's fear of weres" I believe. ;)  But without the danger to her, Adam's not going to pander to it.  Then if she goes to Auriele or Mary Jo, or even Honey, who doesn't seem to like her as much...(Isn't MJ with Honey anyway?) - well, that should put paid to that particular conceit pretty quickly, eh?  Even with the folks she usually twists around her thumb.

Hmm.  What heterosexual male do we know of in the TriCity area who we dislike enough to wish Christy onto?

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 02:11:01 am »
Well at the end of Night Broken, Adam say that she stay with Auriele for the moment and I don't think that she will disappear for book number 9 without something more happen with her...if it was so Adam would have said that she was already gone back home no?

for sure Adam wouldn't do a thing to help her but that doesn't mean that Christy have lost the power to make problems for the pack..that was what Mercy was worried about and nothing major have happened yet in the power struggle pyramid of the pack caused by her.. :-\

Honey would stay away from her for sure because she doesn't like her at all, so yep for me the cliques of mean girls will be formed by Auriele, Mary Jo and Christy

what do you say about a BFA or CNTRP agent???? (the stupid one that have tried to fake arrest Mercy to make her the pet of that big shot governor hopefully)

but I fear that Christy have specific requirements for her men like they have to human and only human and naturally they need to be rich enough, if he is also powerful enough to "compete" with Adam is better surely, probably better looking than Adam so she "win" over Marcy, younger than her but not so much younger looking that she will feel insecure of her own beauty...uhmmmmm no one ring a bell to me that have this kind of qualities yet...maybe in a future book will arrive a single, powerful, young, slimy politician just for her  LOL

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 08:52:13 am »
Personally I don't trust anything that Christy says. I mean she says she's afraid of werewolves, but isn't that part of the reason she went after Mr. Rich and handsome monster man? I mean she slept with in and chased him the first time she noticed him without knowing anything else at all, and yes she has done this with any number of other men, but she thought he was a werewolf and still persisted. That's why she mentioned Adams name and the fact she was married to an alpha to help keep his attention and impress him. So she can't be all that scared. Especially when she ignored him instead of being upfront that she didn't want to date or see him, she was with that Troy guy what like a day later, who the god ended up killing, and she didn't seem that broken up about it. She also went out with the girls of the wolf pack and didn't seem scared to be around those monsters, and had Adam stay home with her after she told him she was scared of him and what he is basically disgusts her.

I don't think we've seen the last of Christy, she seems to bring out the worst side in everyone she's around and has them sitting at her feet like puppy dogs with their tongues hanging out. I wouldn't put it past her at all to have bad a physical move on Adam, she was alone with him in the house, had his phone, showed in their old bedroom several times when he was just home, my only thing would be if Adam would mention it to Mercy. Mercy wouldn't like it but after Night Broken I doubt she'd do or maybe even really say anything about it because she doesn't want anyone jumping down her throat and causing more trouble, or start anything with Christy. I think Christy might stay and cause more trouble within the pack and Mercy, since she said she left Adam because he would never have left her maybe she thinks if Mercy was out of the picture she'd be back in, she was back in the picture playing his wife when Mercy was around. Or maybe she thinks her history with Adam will bring him back to her if she keeps sharing stories of when they were together that he also enjoyed, he definitely didn't really push her off. She can even use Jesse the fact that have a daughter together and play the mommy friend role, and tell Adam she wants to spend time together more as a family for their daughter.

Or take an interest in the pack and their secrets and give them away, make a deal with other supernaturals. Christy can also use Mary Jo and Auriele, since they seem to do almost anything for her, and make plans with them. Mary Jo has done it before, to push Mercy even further out.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 09:51:10 am »
Does anyone think there will come a point in the series where Christy will ask Adam or someone else to turn her? I know she acts afraid of them at times and calls them all monsters, but does anyone think she might be jealous of the whole not aging thing? I don't know how much Adam told her or how much she's learned about them, probably not that they're immortal, but I don't really put it past her. She probably knows they are long lived and heal quickly, also that none of them are unattractive they're physically fit. I think she would want to stay young, gain power not just through who her ex is or money, and she uses her looks and physical beauty of others is important to her also, so it seems she'd want to keep her own. I don't think Adam would ever want to turn her or consider it, but she seems able to make him do anything she wants, as Jesse and Adam both told Mercy. She could also learn all their secrets and if he refused to turn her threaten exposure.

It seems she might be sticking around for the long haul, does anyone think she will keep trying to get between Mercy, Adam, and the pack it doesn't seem like she's the giving up type or accepts any sort of rejection. I wonder if she will keep playing a role and showing up more and more throughout the series?

Pee Wee

• Tinker
  • I would if I could, but I can't ;-)
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 10:28:17 pm »
Uh, this a terrible thought. She is such a manipulative thing - but remember, females are very rare because they often don't have the strenght to survive the turning process. Would she risk that? And there is no guarantee to became that early young and fresh she would like to be.
Better to build a bad fence than waisting time with silly housework, but better you have a clean house, than a bad fence.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 08:16:08 am »
I think she might risk it, maybe not so early on in her life but later? When she doesn't have so much to lose? I mean otherwise she'll just continue to age until eventually come to an end of the human life cycle. Rather than growing old and watching Adam's happiness with his wife, she might take the risk to become the younger beautiful version of herself hoping that Mercy will continue to age she'll have a greater chance of re-catching Adam's attention. Christy is vain and Adam once went for the very type of woman she is, her looks and wants included. I don't think it's too far of a stretch. And if Adam refuses and the small chance that she can't coerce him, maybe she'll find someone else. Someone who might neglect to tell her the slim chance of a female making it through the change because they also believe the risk is worth it. She's manipulative but not the smartest person. For whatever reason more intelligent characters fall to her whims an wishes regardless if they know she's lying or playing/using them, so she doesn't really need to be.

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 02:45:13 am »
I hope Christy leaves. She is such a trouble maker. I've got to say however, that the scene where it mentions Adam pays for Christy's upkeep (phone bill, rent, etc) really angered me. I know Adam is an alpha who protects those he feels responsible for but to me it is so disrespectful to Mercy. Mercy is his wife not Christy. I know she is the mother to his daughter but she made the choice to leave not Adam. Adam paid a settlement in the divorce and that should be the end of it unless Jesse was living with her then Adam would pay towards Jesse. In this case Jesse lives with her dad. Christy needs to grow up and take responsibility for her own choices and actions. If she does decide to stay in the tri-cities I can only hope Adam puts a stop to the upkeep and forces Christy to grow up.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 08:02:00 am »
Good point there, Midnight; Christy hasn't grown up, has she? 
Forcing her to deal with her own finances is something I'd foresee as having one of 2 results:
1. Actually growing up emotionally.  This doesn't strike me as likely.  Christy likes things easy.
2. Finding another way to get someone else to pay for/take care of her.
A new 'sugar daddy' would be simple and fairly logical, except that Christy might now want more freedom than she's apt to get as such a 'trophy wife/kept woman'. 
Alternatively, she could go for 'werewolf expert' and dole out whatever she's learned in the past 20 years.
--and this, my children, would include the names and faces of everyone in the Columbia Basin Pack.

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 03:12:46 pm »
Alternatively, she could go for 'werewolf expert' and dole out whatever she's learned in the past 20 years.
--and this, my children, would include the names and faces of everyone in the Columbia Basin Pack.

And the fact that Mercy is definitely some other sort of supernatural/non-human, though she's not exactly sure what Mercy is, just that she's something weird? That might, to Christy, seem like a good way to get back at Mercy.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 05:59:32 am »
Realistically, a lot of well-off spouses pay alimony as long as the ex doesn't remarry, whether there are children or not. If you add up all the services a stay at home spouse provides, with child care the US average comes to about $85,000 annually. That will be higher in some markets and lower in others. So in the years a spouse does not work outside the home, they are generally providing a certain amount of unpaid labor in coordinating school and medical appointments, chauffeuring, cooking and so forth even if they have a cleaning service and some babysitting. Whether we like Christy or not, this has value. Alimony may not be high enough to keep a divorcee in the style to which she was accustomed, but it's not necessarily unfair either. That time outside the paid workforce carries a very significant penalty when you go looking for a job. Don't let Christy's character flaws blind you completely to these considerations.

Grandpappy Wycked

• Pack Member
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 07:48:09 pm »
I just see Christy as a pawn to be used as a hostage in the future. But, like Mellinatre, I too got the impression that while Mercy was in a coma, Christy done screwed up big time.
Sanity has Left The Building.
Please Contact Patti L. for further instructions.