Author Topic: Will Christy stay?  (Read 25996 times)

midnight

• Tinker
Re: Will Christy stay?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2016, 10:10:41 am »
I think one very important piece of Christie's character is being missed here: she has a history of trying to sleep with her friends significant others just to prove she is more attractive than her friends.  Mercy has made her rethink competing for Adam (blue dye was inspired!) and her ego is bruised. 

She isn't just staying with Aurielle, she is also staying with the very handsome Darryl.  Will She try for Darryl just to prove to herself that is still the fairest of them all?  Surely.  Will she succeed?  Not with a truely mated couple.  Will Aurielle notice?  I think so, and the result is likely to be ...interesting >D

She could almost certainly have Paul, since he's so cowardly jealous of his betters, but I don't think she'd be willing to drop that far down the hierarchy.  If Adam had a rich enemy, but she's getting too old to win an anti supernatural senator- they like their trophies about 10 years younger than she is now.

She is what- over 35, maybe pushing 40?  And her entire sense of self worth is tied up in who she can get to sleep with her.  The world is filled with women like her, and their lives tend to go downhill fast once they start showing their age and become brittle and hard with it. How much worse for her as her ex and his new wife don't age with her?  She has created her own personal hell and it will just get worse as time goes on.

I had totally forgot about this. Very good point Shaya. Also I was just thinking in Fire Touched, Darryl is on his own with her in the Bahamas'. Would she dare try it on with him whilst his wife isn't there? To me she is definitely nasty enough.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2016, 11:57:52 am »
Maybe Darryl should buy & display a prophylactic packet of blue dye?  :-whistle
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2016, 12:42:03 pm »
Darryl just got her to and on the flight to the Bahamas. He then had a choice of flying or driving back. I believe Adam was protecting him. LOL

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2016, 06:31:30 am »
 LOL

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2016, 11:41:37 am »
I think that might be a fun running gag if Christie insists on lurking; People get peeved and pull out a pack of dye.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2016, 10:25:28 am »
I know it's not important to the story, but I still wonder how Adam and Christy met, and if she was 18 when they started dating or if she was 18 when they got married and started dating when she was younger and still in school? I'm assuming Jesse has grandparents from Christy's side of the family and if Adam and them are close or if they have any contact?

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2016, 12:08:03 pm »
Well Adam is enough old fashioned that I think he wouldn't have started anything with an underage girl...taking in mind
1) how old he was already when they meet and
2) how many alphas are willing to streach their values into paedophilia when they have young female wolves in their packs.....things that Adam naturally abhorred
3) and if I don't remember wrong in the books is specify that they met when she was eighteen and that they married young and divorced in 2002

there are no info about how old is Christy (also if it is implied that she is older than Mercy, and that this is another thing that make her hate Mercy so much) and somewhere also in the books it said that the marriage was about 15 years long....so i think that they where married for a few years before they had Jesse, because she was still a child when she talked to Mercy about the troubles at home and Jesse talk about how at 12 y.o. one of her mother's boyfriends tried to climb into her bed so they where already divorced by then...oh and naturally it take a lot of time to them to have Jesse due to the difficulties to have a child with a werewolf

someone know how old is Mercy? in the first book she was 32 y.o. ...and I think in the last few books something have come out about her age....but I don't remember if an actual number was mentioned again...taking in account the number of books she should be like 36-37 right now...so Christy should be like 40-45 at the very least right?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:25:19 pm by mellinatre »

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2016, 03:17:56 pm »
I remember why it was said Adam married and wanted Christy, though even at 18 I'm sure he could of found an older somewhat more mature version of her to be with. As for alphas stretching their values where children are concerned...it was said that out of 150 only 19 of those alphas could be trusted not to abuse a child, not just a female werewolf, and Adam was one of them. That's one of the reasons Mercy considered herself very lucky to have gotten into Bran's own pack, and one of the reasons the werewolf child was taken to Montana. I don't know why the number of alphas who could be trusted with a child in their care is so low though.

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2016, 02:40:59 am »
Kristenann yeah..it is a so sad info that I try to not think so much about it because if it was for me they should all be take down yesterday

At the time they were talking about where to sent the little girl wolf so I think that it was about a general rule about female wolves only because if i remember right they also said that a lot of alphas also have sex with any female wolves in their packs because this is another way to dominate..... the story of Anna was a big example about how things works in the majority of packs because she was considered the alpha propiety and she was raped by anyone the alpha choose to reward

and the fact was that this kind of mentality and actions are not censured if the female wolf is a child so all arround they treat girls the same and don't care if they are being paedophilis due to the wolf age.....but this is strictly about female wolves and domination of the pack I think....so a little wolf boy is not in danger as no human child should be arround packs

yep Christy was 18 when they merried and also if Adam would have not started a relationship with an underage girl I think that the fact that she was 18 made her fair game taking in mind the period when he grows up as a human

so I think that I can applied the same mentality that was explained by Bran about Sam and Mercy teenager years....for Adam was totally fine to date an 18 y.o. because when he was human was expected and definetly right that an 18 y.o. girl was ready to become a wife...probably they also have waited their 1st night of honeymoon and had like 1 year or so of engaigment

pcpoet

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2016, 11:35:26 pm »
I would not be surprised if Christy got pregnant by Adam  after just a short period of  dating  and Adam felt obliged to marry her. I would not be surprised if on Christie's part the pregnancy was a ploy to keep Adam.

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2016, 01:44:30 am »
pcpoet I thin that kind of unlikely due to the miscarriages problems and years of marriege....their marriege was of about 15 years so they had Jesse years after the marriege because they was already divorced when the kid was 12 y.o....and Christy have always put all the blame to Adam about losing 4 childs or so before be able to have Jesse....

and more personally about how I see Adam...seriously if Adam was not into having a baby with Christy I think he would have used ways to stop the possibility right from the start, he also is a old fashion kind of guy so I think that he is old enough to care about things like that

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2016, 09:22:41 am »
Adam chose Christy and wanted that type of woman to be his wife so she wouldn't of needed pregnancy or any other ploy, he had already made her his choice. But as far as Adam coming up with some kind of way to not have a baby with Christy if that's not what he wanted and him being an old fashioned guy, all that has already been said an proven in many ways to go out the window when it comes to Christy an what she wants. She has proven to be the top dog an in charge when it comes to Adam an many things. Even Adam an Jesse admitted to Mercy his wife an mate Christy was an is able to make him do anything she wants to, even if it isn't something he wants. Mercy said he's a grown man its his choice,  and many times he chose Christy an her way, probably for a multitude of reasons.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2016, 12:40:33 pm »
There's the possibility that Christy was pregnant, and it was a miscarriage, but I doubt it.
Certainly Adam could have used preventatives against pregnancy, they existed when the two married.  Like many other werewolves, he may have been child/family hungry.

I think Adam and Mercy have finally cut Christy's hold on Adam.   I hope so, anyway.

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2016, 03:06:47 am »
Thinking about Adam's character I think that he would have not tryed to have a baby before they were actually married and I also think that due to the so high risk of miscarriage he would have been decent enough to not put Christy or any other woman in the condition to become pregnant only to lose the baby few weeks into it if the relationship was not important and stable enough

it seemed like a too selfish way to do things for Adam's no matter how much he would have liked to become a father, make a woman pregnant and just wait and see if things goes well, because i think he is the kind of man that take in consideration that lose a baby is a difficult thing to overcome

I don't have doubts that a lot of other alpha's are more than willing to try to have kids at all costs, but Adam's is not like that..he haven't even tryied to have a baby with Mercy yet and that said in itself a lot about him!

LOL I can't wait to see Christy come to the realization that Adam's is not anymore her dutiful puppy to boss arround anytime she feels like it...she already know that things are a bit different after the hospital mess but I also think that she have not understanded how much things have changed in her relationship with Adam

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2016, 05:05:15 am »
I don't think Adam would of tried to have a baby at any cost except when it comes to Christy and whatever she wanted however she wanted it. Mostly because that's what was said what we were told an shown throughout the series when it came to Christy. But she I think was the exception. Also I can't remember where it was said but Mercy mentioned at some point Adam wasn't the kid type an other than Jesse like he didn't want any other children. That was before they were married though, an might be partly because of what he went through with Christy, but I see her being the one who was really pressuring him for a child, in part because it gives her even more power an control over him ties him even more firmly to her, plus she could of taken precaution against pregnancy after she found out the risks. I don't know if we'll see Christy's power over Adam ever truly go away. He banned her from the hospital after she told Mercy she's basically glad her neck broke after a mercy saved her an everyone else for trouble she brought. Sort of ironic in fire touched when Adam took Christy in his office she blamed Mercy in front of him the danger was Mercy's fault an that's why Adam wasn't going to let her move home an take care if her, send her safely away in bahamas.