Author Topic: Will Christy stay?  (Read 24059 times)

Kristenann

• Mechanic
Re: Will Christy stay?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 04:17:06 pm »
At the end of Night Broken didn't Mercy ask Stefan to teleport Christy out of harms way while she stayed behind to fight the volcano god? I wonder if Christy just thought him fae or is she now knows about vampires which will cause a problem in the future?

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 02:03:53 pm »
At the end of Night Broken didn't Mercy ask Stefan to teleport Christy out of harms way while she stayed behind to fight the volcano god? I wonder if Christy just thought him fae or is she now knows about vampires which will cause a problem in the future?

She already knows about vampires though.
When they were talking about why she didn't tell them that her stalker wasn't human, and she said she thought he was a werewolf, she said something about the fae being 'locked up where they belong' and stated that he wasn't a vampire, and therefore she thought he was a werewolf because she didn't know there was anything else out there (I don't remember the exact quote or where about in the book it was, but she said something along those lines, anyway.)
Still, she might have been surprised about the teleportation thing, whether or not she realised Stefan was a vampire.

pcpoet

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 05:31:29 pm »
in the first book Adam had to retrieve his daughter after Christy abandoned her over the thanksgiving holiday to party with a man she just met.  I don't see Christy ever gating back into Adams good graces and I am pretty sure that she knows it..  that does not stop her being a problem ... the next problem I see is Christy dating another alpha werewolf and causing  problems in that way.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2015, 09:29:34 am »
Christy has abandoned Jesse a lot, I remember she left for Vegas when Jesse was 12 without even telling her. And Mercy has made a comment about wondering how many times Jesse has walked in on her mother with men and what her mothers response was. Adam is an alpha and Mercy has said they don't come more dominant and possessive then him, yet Jesse has been repeated harmed by her mothers neglect. Especially when one of her boy friends climbed into Jesse's bed when she was younger and Adam didn't hear about it till years later, something could of easily happened to Jesse with how her mother has acted over the years it's lucky that it didn't, but as a parent sometimes you have to protect your child from their mother or father when they are doing or not doing something that could put their child in harms way. The most Adam has done in the regard is come get Jesse, keep her over the summer. Though I guess the other side of that is Mercy and Adam are often in the middle of dangerous situations and Jesse of course is there, though not directly involved of late and she has guards.

I'm not completely sure Christy is the type to get the message Adam would never leave Mercy, her ego might not allow for it. All those years spent with Adam he protected her from seeing what werewolves truly are, so she doesn't really understand them except that they are all monsters she seems to despise even when they can be of use to her. She even told Mercy she wishes she was dead, and the fact that she came home to Adam's and so easily took over her role as wife and mother, with Adam yielding to her. Mercy losing weight and his offer she goes and stays at Kyles. Christy keeping Adam's phone and him wondering why Mercy just didn't leave a message with his ex wife, which nearly got Mercy killed. Mercy sticking up for Adam when Christy attacked him in front of the pack and Adam telling Mercy "as long as you understand none of this is her fault". Christy telling Adam she loves him and him saying "thank you" with his wife standing right there. Sure he apparently set her straight when her game with Mercy on his phone almost got her killed, and yes after she told Mercy in the hospital she wishes she had died he told Mercy Christy wouldn't be visiting the hospital anymore. But I'm not sure Christy gets the message. She is staying with Darryl and his mate, might stay close to home altogether, with her allies in the pack and daughter, waiting for something to happen to Mercy so she doesn't have to  deal with her as an obstacle, or perhaps she'll try a more proactive approach and that's why she's staying? I can see her dating someone else and bringing him around Adam to cause problems or see if Adam gets possessive and jealous.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2015, 09:57:37 am »
When Adam and mercy first mated she asked Bran if there was any way to break the mate bond and he said yes if she wanted to know she said not yet. I wonder if that will ever come up, I doubt it was included for no reason and it hasn't played a part yet, mercy said Adam would never leave his mate and if Christy had been mated to him they'd still be married. Christy also said if she hadn't left him he'd never of left her which mercy agreed. And we know what black magic and pack members interference can do to their bond, I just wonder if Christy will find a way to use it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 05:47:01 pm by Kristenann »

Shaya

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 05:36:01 pm »
I think one very important piece of Christie's character is being missed here: she has a history of trying to sleep with her friends significant others just to prove she is more attractive than her friends.  Mercy has made her rethink competing for Adam (blue dye was inspired!) and her ego is bruised. 

She isn't just staying with Aurielle, she is also staying with the very handsome Darryl.  Will She try for Darryl just to prove to herself that is still the fairest of them all?  Surely.  Will she succeed?  Not with a truely mated couple.  Will Aurielle notice?  I think so, and the result is likely to be ...interesting >D

She could almost certainly have Paul, since he's so cowardly jealous of his betters, but I don't think she'd be willing to drop that far down the hierarchy.  If Adam had a rich enemy, but she's getting too old to win an anti supernatural senator- they like their trophies about 10 years younger than she is now.

She is what- over 35, maybe pushing 40?  And her entire sense of self worth is tied up in who she can get to sleep with her.  The world is filled with women like her, and their lives tend to go downhill fast once they start showing their age and become brittle and hard with it. How much worse for her as her ex and his new wife don't age with her?  She has created her own personal hell and it will just get worse as time goes on.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 07:30:39 am »
Shaya you're right! I did sort of forget that's part of what Christy is known for and does best, sleeping with other women's husband or boy friend just to prove she can. And Darryl is Adam's second so she might always want to spice it up that way and flirt with him to cause trouble in the pack and see if Adam is jealous. The only thing is everytime Christy does something especially horrible the response of most of the people who know her like Adam and Jesse among others has been more endearing like "oh that's our Christy".

I don't know if the hair dye is enough to show Christy she doesn't have a chance with Adam compared to everything else she got away with and was acceptable for her to do in Night Broken. She basically retook over her position and role as if she never left, and Mercy sort of got pushed to the side, even though Mercy did most the work finding out about the volcano god and fighting him, being busy nearly the whole book trying to fix the problem and find a solution to the mess. I remember Mercy telling another character in a previous book (maybe Asil in Frost Burned?), that she doesn't so much do the eggs in the pillow case thing anymore. But Mercy's idea of getting back at Christy for continuing to use her and Adam's private shower was a little like a child pulling a prank, or being subtle to get back at an adult for something they did because they are no match to really stand up to them. Like when Tad used his shoe string once around Mercy's coyote neck to get her out from under the bed she was hiding, then she took all the strings out of his shoe? Of course she liked him, and he's nice so that was more playful then anything else.

kitezzz

• Tool Wrangler
The opposite of Christy...
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 07:11:59 am »
I was just wondering if being the opposite of Christy would make Mercy the AntiChristy.   >D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2016, 07:25:08 am »
LOL, Kitezzz!

I was thinking about Christy the other day, and Mercy stoutly telling Jessie that her mom isn't a bad person.
Then I thought of her encroaching into Mercy's space, etc. etc., then - when Mercy nearly DID die (Thank you, Coyote!) wishing her dead - OUT LOUD in her hospital bed - and this when the injuries were incurred on Christy's behalf.
That may not be actively evil, but it's not "not a bad person."
I have zero compassion for Christy.   Blue die?  Go for it, coyote girl!  Get those eggs that didn't work all those years ago, and put them in this woman's makeup case.  Balance it precariously - outside your house, somewhere that Christy will surely knock it down.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2016, 03:25:18 am »
Well Christy is still with us...so what can she brings back from Bahamas???

a new play game to replace Mercy or a new lover?

I am totally with Mercy when she tell that she will wait till she see Christy is surely and actually gone before think of this as a given fact (and she was taliking about a "done deal" with Oregon ready to take her back in a week)

I think that Christy know deep down that she have no place to call her own in Adam's territories, and as much as the pack love her and love to take care of her now she can't even talk bad about Mercy with her friends...and I would love to see her come back and find this little news  LOL can already see her face when she try to talk behind Mercy's back and no one join the party.

Now I still think that we will have with us Christy also in book number 10, mostly because, like before, I don't see her kind of character go gently away without some major drama.

(Spoiler bars added by Zealith)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:26:25 pm by Zealith »

misspiggy4ever

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2016, 07:56:35 pm »
I do kinda hope Christy stays. I love to hate her. She is so awful I kinda enjoy despising her. But I do think that since Adam had his "talk", Christy won't have the same audience she once did. I would also hope that most of the pack would see through her more clearly now. Not that Mercy can't defend herself, but I think it would be a great moment if Christy talked bad about Mercy and Mary Jo backed Christy down. I would select Mary Jo because out of the pack, I believe she despises Mercy the most. So it would be a great unifying moment for the pack if she flat out told Christy to knock it off. Plus, I'm always happy to see someone shut her down.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 09:36:13 pm »
I'd rather like to see Christie slapped down properly, not given any chance to blame anything on someone else.  That's the thing about her that I dislike most; besides manipulating people to go "poor Christie", she always wants to put blame off on others.  I'd also like her to get some plain talk about how obnoxious it was to try to take over Mercy & Adam's bathroom while they're trying to save her life, then not tell them they were facing anything more than a psychotic human, and then, then have Mercy nearly die protecting her, and tell Mercy on what should have been her deathbed, that she, Christie, wished Mercy would die.

Wow.  When I lay it out like that, I dislike her even more.
Still, as long as she gets out of Mercy's (and Adam & Jesse's) business, I, like Mercy would be fine with her going off somewhere and living happily ever after.
Barring that, I'm trying to think would have the most impact on her.  Charles?  Asil?  Anna?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2016, 06:27:25 am »
Asil, I think. Charles would just scare her too much for her to show her true colors around him, and she is the kind of woman who simply discounts other women. I would love to see someone demolish her in the politest possible way, as Spock did the Vulcan admissions board in the Star Trek reboot. Asil is just the one to do that. Granted that he could do a lot worse, but he would consider it beneath him in Christy's case, I think.

misspiggy4ever

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2016, 10:46:18 pm »
Though I do think Anna (in her quite way) would give Christy a slight nudge in seriously reflecting about how she treated Adam, Jesse, and Mercy. Anna's really good about being unassuming which she uses to glide under someone's natural defenses. I too also agree that Charles would scare the bejesus out of Christy (which of course would be fun to read). Charles wouldn't tolerate her crap. Ooh, it would be cool to see Christy and Leah face off (two of the most nastiest and selfish characters in the series). My $10 bucks is on Leah!!

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2016, 05:32:20 am »
Leah for the win there, absolutely.