Author Topic: Will Zack stay?  (Read 5804 times)

mellinatre

• Tinker
Will Zack stay?
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:40:28 am »
I love Zack, he is what the pack needed and I hope so much that he stop there and don't feel the need to change city and pack again....I hope to see a lot of him in the future books!!!

And if I can tell you the true it will make me really happy to find out who have abused him so much in the past....probably also because for Ben there seems to not be a lot to do to put his ghosts at rest because he was a children, not sure how old is he but probably his abuser was human and long dead by now....but Zack's story make me more positive about the fact that his tormentor is a werewolf and that'll come out sooner or later....so I will wait with my fingers crossed to enjoy how Mercy will kick is ass  >D

What do you think?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Will Zack stay?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 09:47:33 am »
The story in the "Shifting Shadows" anthology indicated that Zach might be staying.
Ben's story from the anthology makes it more likely that his abusers are still alive, and might not (since he doesn't probably visit, or send pictures, or skype) realize that he's not aging at the same rate they are.   The information in that story makes me think he was an older child when they began that behavior, but I'm glad they didn't have two or more children.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 11:49:44 am »
Oh well i thought that he had only some family left like an old cousin or something like that, no immediate family anymore but probably your take at it make more sense, but anyway if the old man is alive probably is not in any shape to make problems anymore so I think that in any case Ben family is pretty much out of the picture now, so I don't see how them can come back in a future book to give him the possibility to take his deserved revenge

but Zack seems to have been mistreated after have become a wolf so the someone/s that have done it are also now young and in good health and so on... I think that in this case someone can come back in his life in a future book and make trouble for him and the all pack...can't wait to see them suffer 

a girl can wish  O)

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 09:51:08 am »
I think Zack's mistreatment probably was after becoming a werewolf. Maybe he was in a badly run pack like Anna's first one, where submissives were seen as useless and 'lowest of the low' rather than precious and 'should be protected', as they are in the better packs. He did seem to be more comfortable with them in the shifting shadows anthology story, but before, he said things like how he and pack politics didn't get along (or something), and how he didn't want to stay at the alpha's house. And he was reluctant to meet with them for the joining the pack stuff... it all seemed specifically werewolf pack related stuff, not just being around people/touching people/dealing with unwanted attention type stuff that was bothering him. So all of that, I think, points towards his abuse having been within a werewolf pack at some point.

I'm not sure why he wanted to keep moving around after that. Maybe he had a bad experience with his first pack and decided the best way to survive was to keep moving on and staying on the fringes of any pack he was in at any given time, then leave whenever people started to notice him too much? Which might explain why he didn't get a chance to deal with his issues before (I doubt all his previous packs would have been bad ones, after all, so maybe he just didn't realise that because he kept himself apart as much as possible) and he was very jumping and uncertain around the pack at first, but once he was drawn in and included in Mercy's pack he realised that this pack wasn't so bad?

Since he is still there in the shifting shadows story, and since he has gotten more comfortable with them by then, I think he might end up sticking around.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:53:31 am by Itsy-Cat »

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 10:14:46 am »
I am totally with you Itsy-Cat

I have tried to understand all his moving around but I couldn't really find a reason behind it because like you say it could not be possible that all his previous packs were bad places to stay.

About the reason that could have helped him to become more adjusted in the short story, I thought that it could be that he have discovered Mercy and/or Ben past...so with Adam's pack he doesn't feel anymore like the only "odd" one with a problem like that in an relatively okay pack.

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 12:50:10 pm »
I love Zack too. He reminds me of Honey in a way because it was hinted that before she met Peter she was being mistreated even if she is a dominant (women taking status from their partners).
I think he needs a pack that has got a lot of issues that need addressing (and lets face it adams pack does). He can feel useful there and have something to keep him busy and focused.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 12:53:05 pm »
That's a good analysis for why he might want to stay put for a while, I think.

As for why he moved, it could have been - given the number of North American packs versus the number of "safe" ones Bran offered for Kara's dad - that Zack was abused in his first 2 or 3 packs, or saw abuse, and ran from it until it became his pattern.

I get the impression that Bran has been grooming Adam as "when I'm gone, who will be Marrock?  Samuel and Charles don't want it, who will keep the wolves safe?" successor, so he might very well be pushing him to take in the 'oddballs' that aren't as dangerous as the ones he keeps close to him, then gradually move those over too.  Remember how Bran shifted some of his pack ties when he realized what was going on with the witch in "Cry Wolf"?

That's a great point too, Midnight!  Being useful to the pack would help draw him into staying and healing, probably.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 10:02:46 am »
I hope Zack stays I really like his character and the fact he was with Mercy helping out in the short story after Night Broken shows he might be a good true friend for her, like Warren sort of. He was also different in that short story like shy and intimidated, he joked, he was just stronger all around so maybe being with Mercy really helps him like he's comfortable with her and she needs more true people and allies on her side who she can trust since so much backstabbing goes on.

misspiggy4ever

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 08:31:46 pm »
Patty L. good point, I didn't even see that. Now that you point it out, Bran kinda does have the "grooming/apprentice" thing going with Adam. Currently, Adam's pack mimics Bran's, because he has a lot of misfits. Also Adam's pack structure (because of Honey) doesn't exactly follow the norm. Both of their packs are eccentric.

I also hope Zack stays. His presence is definitely helping Adam's pack, especially in light of them loosing Peter. And so far it seems that Zack realizes that Adam is not the normal alpha, but what an alpha is supposed to be. I think the pack is healing and I think Zack is healing as well.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 09:59:37 pm »
Zach and the pack needed each other.

Also, that interaction at Kyle & Warren's place, with Gary Laughing Dog may have (while unfortunate) actually been helpful, because it meant that Adam and others saw more clearly the damage that Zack has taken, and so they're working to heal it for him.  That would make him more willing to stay, and give them that extra stability that a submissive gives to a pack.