Author Topic: Mercy Thompson #9  (Read 43874 times)

Nille

• Grease Monkey
Re: Mercy Thompson #9
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 11:39:56 pm »
Fea loyality maybe???  :-\
[/url]

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 11:58:32 pm »
Tad?  ???

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 03:10:11 pm »
I don't really think they're in possession of Tad. At least at the end of the last book he was still in Fairyland. I can't think of any items that have been mentioned besides the walking stick and Mercy's lamb, and I have serious doubts about them wanting the lamb.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 04:02:38 pm »
I was thinking about after a rescue or some such.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2015, 04:17:27 pm »
It wouldn't be the book that was hiding The Silver Bourne, I don't think...
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 04:20:23 pm »
I thought she gave that back.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 04:29:55 pm »
So did I; was under the impression they stuck the two together again & left 'em at Finn's shop.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 10:23:15 am »
Maybe it's something they haven't gotten ahold of yet throughout the other books, maybe it's something Mercy comes across or that comes to her early in Fire Touched. I wonder if Mercy will make any other trips in Underhill since it seems to have accepted her and let her in?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 12:23:09 pm »
I doubt she would any time soon. I would think she'd have to be on the fae reservation in order to get Underhill and I think that's unlikely anytime soon.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2015, 02:45:18 pm »
True, there was that Mirror Zee used too, when he came through. Maybe the fae will call her or she'll be summoned? She's attracted so much attention from so many different types of fae. Or maybe it's something her and Adam are given to hide from the Gray lords, like something Uncle Mike/Zee/Tad give them. Since Mercy and Adam don't have to answer to them and are in the protective shadow of Bran the man.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2015, 03:42:11 pm »
Strange thought I'll throw out.

What if it's Medea?

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2015, 03:56:51 pm »
That is an interesting thought.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2015, 05:16:35 pm »
I really do wonder what's going to happen in the next Mercy books and if we'll see Tad again? More Stefan too? I hate to admit it but I'm still looking for some closure from events in Night Broken, I thought that book almost broke the series for me. But since I loved and am loyal to the ones that came before that I'm going to give the next one a chance and hope my view of characters and certain events flips and changes to what it used to be before certain things happened in Night Broken. For me that was extremely hard to get through and I was mostly very angry more then entertained throughout it, even though there was some good strong points. Still I'm excited for the next adventure. We also know that Zee and Uncle Mike don't seem to be completely on board with some things the grey lords are up too. Will they split sides or factions? I haven't read the alpha or omega series with Anna or Charles. I read the first one and skimmed through the rest for mentions or Mercy/Adam, Samuel, Bran, and Asil scenes yet I haven't done so for Dead Heat and I know there was a lot of fae involvement there so I'm missing a piece of the story.

Coyote seems to stay somewhat close to Mercy since Rivermarked, I wonder what his feelings are towards her other than general amusement and some affection. And why he didn't check up on her at other times throughout her life except the one time Charles caught him watching her run with the pack. Seems like Charles would mention that sort of thing to Bran yet no one said anything to Mercy of an Indiana who maybe smelled of coyote like her watching her as a child. I wonder what exactly Charles said to him too since we never got the full story. And if Mercy seemed unhappy there if Coyote would of taken her in, though he doesn't seem like the type.

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 01:53:07 am »
Perhaps Zee's sword has returned  to her, in the manner of the walking stick.
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 03:25:31 pm »
From Penguin:
Mercy Thompson has been hailed as “a heroine who continues to grow and yet always remains true to herself.”* Now she’s back, and she’ll soon discover that when the fae stalk the human world, it’s the children who suffer…

Tensions between the fae and humans are coming to a head. And when coyote shapeshifter Mercy and her Alpha werewolf mate, Adam, are called upon to stop a rampaging troll, they find themselves with something that could be used to make the fae back down and forestall out-and-out war: a human child stolen long ago by the fae.

Defying the most powerful werewolf in the country, the humans, and the fae, Mercy, Adam, and their pack choose to protect the boy no matter what the cost. But who will protect them from a boy who is fire touched?