Author Topic: Mercy Thompson #9  (Read 43875 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Mercy Thompson #9
« on: February 05, 2015, 10:32:03 pm »
Patricia Briggs News ‏@Mercys_Garage 8 hours ago

Patty has released the Title for Mercy Thompson 9! Fire Touched

Patricia Briggs News ‏@Mercys_Garage 8 hours ago

No spoilers but the word on the street is that the fae aren't hiding on the Reservations anymore! Look for out it in March 2016
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
Re: Mercy Thompson #9
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 03:32:51 am »
Part of me wants to say, "But that happened in the last book."

Maybe it is her new 'Indian Name?' O)

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 07:24:03 am »
March can't come soon enough, and not just because of the weather.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 12:48:55 pm »
But that's "Dead Heat" with Anna & Charles, not Mercy next year.  But notice the trend toward heat in the titles...

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 03:50:27 pm »
Obviously the comment about the fae is just to throw us off the scent! This will be a book about some one torching Mercy's Garage! Oh wait, that already happened.  LOL

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 06:57:27 am »
I'm not picky about the series, just need my PB fix.

Maybe Mercy will be in the desert? More Coyote?

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 10:57:54 pm »
Maybe it is about Ted, Zees son. There were some problems with him and the fea in the end of Night Broken. Maybe the new pack member "the ancient lava dog" are helping Mercy  bOuNcY
[/url]

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 06:04:10 am »
 bOuNcY

any news is a good news for me!!! "Fire Touched" is a cool title and well

I was expecting a book about the Fea because of Bran and the Fea political maneuverings but also because

Tad can need Mercy help, that a Grey Lord wasn't really worried for his stay on Fairyland doesn't meant that things can become problematic for him.

And there is also the fact that little by little Mercy have attracted the attention of hmmmm...4 Grey Lords I think...Baba Yaga was the one that have talked about how Mercy should be rewarded and punished...so maybe the time has come for her punishment???

I am only sure that will be agony to wait an all year to be able to read it  :-' :-' :-'

mellinatre

• Tinker
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 11:15:39 am »
By the way you think that Patricia Briggs will celebrate in any way the fact that 2016 will be the first big anniversary for Mercy's books...if I am not mistaken "Moon Called" had been published in 2006...so it's 10 years

well after that another big celebration will come soon with the publication of Mercy book n°10..maybe Patricia Briggs will celebrate that

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 04:09:22 pm »
Maybe year ten with book ten?

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 10:05:07 am »
I think it might have something to do with her 'ancient lava dog' (as Nille put it) friend. Didn't Adam say at the end of Night Broken something about how he thought there were problems (with the pack etc) when he brought Mercy into the pack? (or something like that, I don't remember exactly what was said), but it was definitely implied that there were issues/freaked out pack members when Mercy brought her friend into the pack. And he seemed to be having trouble with managing to stay in human form too, from what Adam said. (Only managing to stay human for about an hour or something.)

So, it might be that the next book has (at least partially) to do with Mercy helping her friend find his place in the pack and deal with being a lava dog shape-shifter in a werewolf pack, and maybe trying to help him control his shifts better or something?

snapdragon

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 09:38:07 am »
So excited to hear about this! I don't mind a wait it builds anticipation.  bOuNcY

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 04:30:58 am »
I'm wondering about Joel. Coyote said that now Juan the lava guy is back in his volcano, he implied that the magic he had in America should recede, therefore the control over Joel should recede also. Then Mercy asked if Joel would return to being human to which coyote said "that depends ".  If he does go back to being human the wolf ties will throw him out because they don't accept anything other than wolf (mercy being the exception). Also towards the end Adam said Joel stayed human for almost an hour. I think thats the magic receding. Eventually he will be human all the time

;D Fire touched, mmmm, I think it's one of the fae and related to what mellinatre said about mercy being punished.

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 05:23:12 am »
I think that Coyote thinks that Joel can become human if he want's and he can be a fire dog shifter in a werewolf pack, and his eksperince with Juan has shown him it is possible to be forced to kill people and it is better to be bound to a werewolf pack than other things. So i believe we will se more of Joel as a fire dog
[/url]

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 04:09:01 pm »
Hooks from the facebook chat:

Mercy and Adam have possession of something the fae want very badly. Can they keep the fae from retrieving it? (and it's not the walking stick!).
Any idea of what it might be?