Author Topic: mercy aging idea  (Read 6772 times)

txdodge

• Tool Wrangler
mercy aging idea
« on: January 14, 2015, 02:35:29 pm »
It may be in the wrong section, but what if..

Coyote somehow grants mercy immortality, along the same lines as a werewolf anyway? the same abilities minus her having to go through the tough change(i guess all the benefits and none of the down sides may be a bit unfair but eh)Even along his rebirths would be cool. Is anything that possible?

I myself, and probably others don't like the idea of her getting old and dying from it eventually, she is too cool to go that way!

thanks and keep up the great books!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:40:59 pm by txdodge »

Nille

• Grease Monkey
Re: mercy aging idea
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 01:51:17 pm »
I don't think it is nessesary for Coyote to give Mercy immortality, because she will live long if she don't get killed. Mercy's brother is at last 100 years old.
Mercy's problem is to not get killed, because she live in a world there all the dangerous people and supernatural creatures constantly try to do something that can get Mercy killed.
[/url]

txdodge

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 08:33:11 pm »
I don't think it is nessesary for Coyote to give Mercy immortality, because she will live long if she don't get killed. Mercy's brother is at last 100 years old.
Mercy's problem is to not get killed, because she live in a world there all the dangerous people and supernatural creatures constantly try to do something that can get Mercy killed.

I might have missed it somehow, but i don't recall any mention of her having a brother. or any ages mentioned among walkers, Correct me if I'm wrong of course. If she were immortal though she would survive a lot more situations, and heal quicker most likely.

if mods or patty/mike have info on the age factor of walkers, I'd appreciate the info!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 11:15:37 pm »
TXDodge, haven't you read "Night Broken" yet?
Now, this is pretty much a no-go as "ask Patty"; she's shown fairly well that Mercy won't be immortal, so I'm moving this to speculation about Mercy's Walker abilities.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

txdodge

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 12:19:59 pm »
TXDodge, haven't you read "Night Broken" yet?
Now, this is pretty much a no-go as "ask Patty"; she's shown fairly well that Mercy won't be immortal, so I'm moving this to speculation about Mercy's Walker abilities.

touche, must have been having a major brain fart. thanks  :D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 04:21:34 pm »
Still leaves us going "Okay, she won't come back when killed like Coyote or Thunderbird, but without that or violent deaths she's courting, how long would she live?" right?

misspiggy4ever

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 08:34:19 pm »
Though it hasn't been confirmed, I do believe that her lifeline would be extended. She may not be an immortal like the wolves, but I do think that her abilities and bloodline would help her age slowly. Coyote was her father and that's gotta play into her aging.

dweigert

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 12:14:49 pm »
I'm not all that convinced that Mercy's mother is completely human...

Melanie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 10:46:54 am »
Gary said that Coyote gave him the ability for visions a long time ago, when he was around the age of Honey. Putting all data about Honey together implies that Honey`s age is between 220 and 280. Therefore, I assume Gary is 1000 or even older.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 07:03:33 pm »
I doubt Gary's that old.  3-400 years maybe.  Maybe.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 07:39:00 pm »
I was guessing 150 to 300.  LOL

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 03:05:21 am »
It's be raised in farcebook forums, and I stand by my answer there. I think that as a daughter of Coyote who has been strongly involved with Fae magic and touched by more than one old vampire she has nothing like a normal life span ahead of her. Providing she lives to live it, of course.
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 11:50:44 am »
The main thing is that while she *probably* has "stay in about your 30s" cellular behavior, injuries will still cause baseline human type damage; she could have injured her hands permanently in using her wheelchair, she's got scars, unlike most werewolves, it takes human length of time to heal - unless someone intervenes - etc.