Author Topic: Future ramifications of Bran's continuing dynasty  (Read 9443 times)

mageofthebooks

• Tool Wrangler
Future ramifications of Bran's continuing dynasty
« on: October 27, 2014, 02:38:54 pm »
Many humorous possibilities having gone d thru my head of when Mercy breaks the news to Bran that he's going to be a grandfather.
Its been so boldly hinted that Mercy and Adam will, as well as Charles and Anna, be having children at some point.
So, I wonder how the werewolf world will react?

Bran is the father of the 1st ever born werewolf, then would be the grandfather to the 2nd.
Though not by blood, he loves Mercy as a daughter, and has her unwavering loyalty. He'd be grandfather to any of her children, and would protect them as any of Charle's.
I imagine any children of Mercy and Adam's, would likely be like Charles. A werewolf, as a hybrid the other half having Mercy's gift of changing. And viewed to be a born werewolf.

As power structures go, the Marrok's territory is the most populated and powerful of any in the world.
How then will their world react to him going further past the possible then ever. The resentments from woman alone would be very dangerous, even from his own mate. 
His blood, his magic, his power, and the loyalty of a extremely powerful adopted daughter. Coyote or no. She was the first non werewolf known to be let into a pack. She has killed shockingly powerful supernatural creatures, If everything got out, whew.
Also Anna, an omega, having her gifts too, as his daughter in law, subdue wolves.

Thats some serious power in the family tree, and its growing.

Resentment, anger, fear? A exploitable point for the greedy to gain support and use to destroy and conquer?

How will their world react?

I'm over thinking this, I know.  :-'
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:01:16 pm by mageofthebooks »

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Future ramifications of Bran's continuing dynasty
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 02:58:45 pm »
<snip>
Resentment, anger, fear? A exploitable point for the greedy to gain support and use to destroy and concur?

Did you perhaps mean "conquer" here, overpower, subjugate,  rather than "I concur/agree"?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

mageofthebooks

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 05:05:36 pm »
 :P Conquer. I always misspell something.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 05:24:52 pm »
I don't know if I ever thought of Mercy as powerful before, I mean she's smart, very lucky, and has good instincts being Coyotes daughter and all. I'm not sure any other supernaturals view her that way either, I mean some of them think she's dangerous in her own right, as well as all the fae, werewolf, Stefan, and other connections that she has, with different super powerful beings caring for her. Even after all she's done for her pack, Adams pack the times she saved their lives and took out creatures they couldn't and she's not getting the respect she deserves.

Did you mention that Charles and Anna were going to have a child? I didn't think they could?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 06:35:01 pm »
It's not a given; Anna had briefly speculated about surrogate mothers.

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 04:24:35 am »

It's possible that might not work either though. We know human women only carry fully human children to term and miscarry the rest, but I don't think it was clarified (or maybe just not known) whether that's because there's something wrong with the foetus, or if the foetus is viable but the human mother rejects it anyway because it's not fully human.
If it's the latter, then even using surrogates wouldn't work, though if it's the former it might work.

Many humorous possibilities having gone d thru my head of when Mercy breaks the news to Bran that he's going to be a grandfather.
Its been so boldly hinted that Mercy and Adam will, as well as Charles and Anna, be having children at some point.

Bran is the father of the 1st ever born werewolf, then would be the grandfather to the 2nd.
Though not by blood, he loves Mercy as a daughter, and has her unwavering loyalty. He'd be grandfather to any of her children, and would protect them as any of Charle's.
I imagine any children of Mercy and Adam's, would likely be like Charles. A werewolf, as a hybrid the other half having Mercy's gift of changing. And viewed to be a born werewolf.

As power structures go, the Marrok's territory is the most populated and powerful of any in the world.
How then will their world react to him going further past the possible then ever. The resentments from woman alone would be very dangerous, even from his own mate. 
His blood, his magic, his power, and the loyalty of a extremely powerful adopted daughter. Coyote or no. She was the first non werewolf known to be let into a pack. She has killed shockingly powerful supernatural creatures, If everything got out, whew.
Also Anna, an omega, having her gifts too, as his daughter in law, subdue wolves.

Resentment, anger, fear? A exploitable point for the greedy to gain support and use to destroy and conquer?

Don't forget, there's also Samuel and Ariana, who might be able to have werewolf/fae kids. Or maybe they'd just be one or the other? Or part fae part human even? I don't know, but with their long past, Samuel's love of children etc, they might be the ones to end up having kids first, although they might be waiting until Ariana's had more time to get over her canine phobia?

Also, with Mercy and Adam's potential future children, how much trouble would it cause if they ended up having twins? (And...well, Mercy is the owner of that walking stick, and isn't she also technically sort of a 'sheep' in vampire terms?)
Anyway, even if not that, I imagine  Bran would find it pretty funny hearing about Mercy having to deal with the coyote-like antics of her own children. Maybe she'd then get her own back by sending them to Bran (the grandfather figure) whenever there was trouble in the tri-cities?

I don't think that Bran's power/ Bran's family group's power etc increasing would be seen as a threat by the rest  of the werewolf world though. After all, isn't the Marrok already supposed to be seen as a really, really powerful werewolf, because that's what keeps the other wolves in line? And the Alphas are much happier obeying the Marrok when he's seen as all-powerful anyway, it's if he was considered weak that there'd be a problem.
And as for the Marrok's family; he already has his son Charles acting as the enforcer, so, again, I don't think percieved increases in the Marrok's family power would be seen as a problem. If anything, it would probably make the wolves feel more secure, knowing their leader was really, really strong. Especially when there's problems with the other supernatural groups.

And it's also an advantage for the wolves if the other groups (vamps, fae etc) see the Marrok as more powerful, as it means the wolves are less likely to be attacked.

As for the humans, well, an increasingly powerful Marrok would probably freak them out, especially the people like most of Cantrip. But they don't know who the Marrok is anyway, so it's probably not really an issue.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:53:10 am by Itsy-Cat »

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 05:27:30 am »

It's possible that might not work either though. We know human women only carry fully human children to term and miscarry the rest, but I don't think it was clarified (or maybe just not known) whether that's because there's something wrong with the foetus, or if the foetus is viable but the human mother rejects it anyway because it's not fully human.
If it's the latter, then even using surrogates wouldn't work, though if it's the former it might work.

Don't forget, there's also Samuel and Ariana, who might be able to have werewolf/fae kids. Or maybe they'd just be one or the other? Or part fae part human even? I don't know, but with their long past, Samuel's love of children etc, they might be the ones to end up having kids first, although they might be waiting until Ariana's had more time to get over her canine phobia?

Also, with Mercy and Adam's potential future children, how much trouble would it cause if they ended up having twins? (And...well, Mercy is the owner of that walking stick, and isn't she also technically sort of a 'sheep' in vampire terms?)
Anyway, even if not that, I imagine  Bran would find it pretty funny hearing about Mercy having to deal with the coyote-like antics of her own children. Maybe she'd then get her own back by sending them to Bran (the grandfather figure) whenever there was trouble in the tri-cities?

I don't think that Bran's power/ Bran's family group's power etc increasing would be seen as a threat by the rest  of the werewolf world though. After all, isn't the Marrok already supposed to be seen as a really, really powerful werewolf, because that's what keeps the other wolves in line? And the Alphas are much happier obeying the Marrok when he's seen as all-powerful anyway, it's if he was considered weak that there'd be a problem.
And as for the Marrok's family; he already has his son Charles acting as the enforcer, so, again, I don't think percieved increases in the Marrok's family power would be seen as a problem. If anything, it would probably make the wolves feel more secure, knowing their leader was really, really strong. Especially when there's problems with the other supernatural groups.

And it's also an advantage for the wolves if the other groups (vamps, fae etc) see the Marrok as more powerful, as it means the wolves are less likely to be attacked.

As for the humans, well, an increasingly powerful Marrok would probably freak them out, especially the people like most of Cantrip. But they don't know who the Marrok is anyway, so it's probably not really an issue.

I don't think surrogate mothers will work, but I have been thinking Anna could stay in wolfform or there would happend something that did she could get children. Fx an unkown supernatural give her a gift so she can get a child/children or fx a witch cast a spell on Anna so she can't turn into her human form.

I have also played with the though of Mercy and Adam having more than one child at a time. You know that wolves and coyotes can get more whan one pup in a litter. Lets say it's the same for Adam and Mercy LOL that a pregnancy will be more like an animal pregnancy :o ;D
The idea of the walking stick having a say in the pregnancy have also crossed my mind. However I haven't though that the term speep will have anything to do with it. The walking stick is old and may have went from making a sheep farmer have twin sheep to give it's owner twins. In Night Broken Coyote mentionen that the three walking sticks that have been made maybe are one. If that is true, maybe the walking stick had more purposes and have with age come to get a personality and like other old things do stange things...

The though of Bran having to deal with small Mercy children make me want her to be pregmant last year ;)

Also Bran is a werewolf and live in a world of predators. If you are weak you are prey. If you are strong you don't get attacted so much because all the others are scared. So I think it is positive for Bran if he get grandchildren who are special. You don't know if a special person are dangerous or only different so it is a good idea to be cautious. If Bran have a lot of strong allies, family members, the wolves will know he can protect them and he is very dangerous the wolves will be happy and the other creatures will not see the wolves as weak and attack >D
[/url]

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 10:03:39 am »
I don't think surrogate mothers will work, but I have been thinking Anna could stay in wolfform or there would happend something that did she could get children. Fx an unkown supernatural give her a gift so she can get a child/children or fx a witch cast a spell on Anna so she can't turn into her human form.

Didn't Anna mention something, (in Fair Game, I think), about having wondered about the possibility of staying in wolf form for the pregnancy? She talked to Samuel about it, and he thought it was a really bad idea, and told her about what happened when another wolf tried it, and ended up losing her human side and killing her newborn baby.

I think Anna then thought it might be ok for her, since she's an omega and so her wolf isn't violent, but Samuel still thought it was a really bad idea.

I suppose that they could try out Anna-staying-in-wolf-form for certain amounts of time to see whether it still had a detrimental effect, even though she's an omega. Isn't it supposed to get gradually worse, the longer a werewolf stays in wolf form? So maybe they could try it for a week, then change back to human and check to see if she's ok afterwards, then try staying in wolf form for a bit longer, and see if she's ok after that, then a bit longer (if she is still ok after that)... etc, and gradually work out whether being an omega could make it safe or not.
It would take a long time, but that's one way they could go about it. Then, if it turns out that an omega can safely stay in wolf form for nine months, then she could try staying in wolf form for the duration of the pregnancy.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 10:22:21 am by Itsy-Cat »

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 10:30:51 am »
I guess being a werewolf Anna and Charles probably couldn't adopt?

Do you know what page the conversation between Anna and Samuel is on? I admit the only Alpha and Omega book I've read is Cry Wolf, I skimmed a few of the others mainly for Bran parts or mentions of Mercy and Adam (which I didn't find much if any). I couldn't really get into it, and was planning on giving the series another try sometime.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 10:39:13 am »
I would think you'd want to work it the other way; get native magic - like Charles' mother used - possibly augmented by fae or human magic (Hi, Moira from Seattle) to keep Anna in HUMAN form for 9 months without it being fatal. 

The longest/most seen in wolf form and still more or less sane wolf I'm aware of is Devon from "Roses in Winter"; the implication is that he only turns human on rare occasions, and only when he's alone.  He hasn't lost his human mind, but he's got a lot of years behind him.

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 10:54:44 am »
I guess being a werewolf Anna and Charles probably couldn't adopt?

Do you know what page the conversation between Anna and Samuel is on? I admit the only Alpha and Omega book I've read is Cry Wolf, I skimmed a few of the others mainly for Bran parts or mentions of Mercy and Adam (which I didn't find much if any). I couldn't really get into it, and was planning on giving the series another try sometime.

No, sorry, I don't remember where in the book Anna mentions wondering if she could stay in wolf form. And if I remember correctly, it's not actually an on-page discussion between Anna and Samuel about it, it's just Anna thinking about it as a possibility and remembering what Samuel had said to her when she asked him about it, at some point in the past. I think maybe she was wondering about how Charles would be with his children, if he had children, or something?
But I don't remember what else was going on in the story at that point, and so don't know whereabouts to look for it.

I would think you'd want to work it the other way; get native magic - like Charles' mother used - possibly augmented by fae or human magic (Hi, Moira from Seattle) to keep Anna in HUMAN form for 9 months without it being fatal. 

I'm not sure that fae or witch magic would work, since they, and the werewolves, are all European in origin, and so if it was possible to keep Anna human using that sort of magic, wouldn't they have figured out how to do that a long time ago? Back when the fae and witches were more powerful? Yet Charles is the only one anyone's ever heard of who was born as a werewolf.
Maybe they could use Native American magic, like Charles' mother did, but even if they managed to keep Anna human, how would they stop her dying at the end of it like Blue Jay Woman did? Nothing Bran was able to do kept him from losing Charles' mother, and he tried to hold on to her, and I'd guess her father would have tried to help her stay alive/recover after Charles was born, but they couldn't manage it. And Samuel the doctor couldn't help...
I'm pretty sure they did everything they could at the time to help. Called in any favours they might have had etc. And it didn't work.

So what's changed since then that might help?

There have obviously been medical and technological advances since Blue Jay Woman died, so maybe that would help, but wasn't she weakened due to the magical effects; using magic to stop another magical/supernatural effect from occurring? So I'm not sure if modern medical advances would help.

The only other think I can think of is that they have Mercy, the walker, and Mercy is sort of Coyote's daughter, and Coyote can contact the other primals. Maybe they could find a way to get Wolf to help out? The werewolves aren't Wolf's walkers, but he did say, in River Marked, that the wolf part of the werewolf was his, even though the human part wasn't. And he was able to affect Adam; stop him being able to change, and Adam collapsed when Wolf died.
So maybe Wolf would be able to do something to help?
Even if that was a possibility though, they'd have the problem of how to convince Wolf to help.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:09:53 am by Itsy-Cat »

snapdragon

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 09:48:16 am »
I'm pretty sure that it was Samuel's wolf that took over for him due to Sam trying to commit suicide in Silver Born. When Mercy was talking to Charles he made the comment that the longer one stayed wolf the worse they became until the human side was completely taken over.  Than they went mad and had to be killed or they would go on a killing spree.

Tambayo

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 05:10:33 pm »
I'm not sure that fae or witch magic would work, since they, and the werewolves, are all European in origin, and so if it was possible to keep Anna human using that sort of magic, wouldn't they have figured out how to do that a long time ago? Back when the fae and witches were more powerful? Yet Charles is the only one anyone's ever heard of who was born as a werewolf.
Maybe they could use Native American magic, like Charles' mother did, but even if they managed to keep Anna human, how would they stop her dying at the end of it like Blue Jay Woman did? Nothing Bran was able to do kept him from losing Charles' mother, and he tried to hold on to her, and I'd guess her father would have tried to help her stay alive/recover after Charles was born, but they couldn't manage it. And Samuel the doctor couldn't help...
I'm pretty sure they did everything they could at the time to help. Called in any favours they might have had etc. And it didn't work.

There have obviously been medical and technological advances since Blue Jay Woman died, so maybe that would help, but wasn't she weakened due to the magical effects; using magic to stop another magical/supernatural effect from occurring? So I'm not sure if modern medical advances would help.
From what i understand when Charles was born the pack was Bran, Blue Jay Woman and maybe Samuel. Now with a pack of about 70 wolves there is a lot more power to support the members with. Possibly that could make the difference?

ladychaos

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 04:51:24 pm »

The only other think I can think of is that they have Mercy, the walker, and Mercy is sort of Coyote's daughter, and Coyote can contact the other primals. Maybe they could find a way to get Wolf to help out? The werewolves aren't Wolf's walkers, but he did say, in River Marked, that the wolf part of the werewolf was his, even though the human part wasn't. And he was able to affect Adam; stop him being able to change, and Adam collapsed when Wolf died.
So maybe Wolf would be able to do something to help?
Even if that was a possibility though, they'd have the problem of how to convince Wolf to help.

I somehow doubt that the Fae or the Witches would advertise if they knew a way to help a female werewolf carry a baby to terms.  Or, that there would even be many that would try and even fewer werewolves that would trust a Fae or black witch to help without dangerous consequences.  Remember all the time Mercy talked about saying Thank You to the Fae, or how she owed a debt to the Fae because she killed two vampires instead of one with their gifts? 

However, Anna and Charles have the Prince of the Gray Lords in their debt because they helped save him daughter.  A Gray Lord brought Mary Jo back from the dad,  I wonder if there is one that could say.... speed up a pregnancy? Stop her transformation? Help minimize the damage to her body?
They also have Moira and very powerful White Witch, was is unheard of.  If Blue Jay Woman could use her Shaman father to stave off transformation.  I would think that Moira would be able to help
These are things they could use,  and she would be less likely to die because in todays advancements, she would not even need to carry the baby to full term,  there is an 80% viability to babies born at 25 weeks now. 

With Samuel,  Moira/Alistair,  modern medicine.....I think Anna could pull it off.....IF and that is a big IF,  Charles was somehow restained for the entire pregnancy so he couldn't stop them.  Because he would kill them all to prevent the risk of losing Anna....

Regardless, its a bit of a moot point.  Anna and Charles agreed to adapt a child.

Melanie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2020, 06:22:06 am »
Medical point of view: werewolf pregnancy, surrogate mother, magical alternatives:
http://www.hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8372.0