Author Topic: [A&O #4] Dead Heat: Speculation  (Read 41050 times)

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
Re: [A&O #4] Dead Heat: Speculation
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2014, 04:06:03 pm »
 :D Yup! Just in case you didn't already want to buy/read the book.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2014, 09:20:18 pm »
I thought you'd already seen that teaser synopsis.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2014, 09:37:52 pm »
Perhaps I had. I didn't remember it. ???

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2014, 09:47:49 pm »
*nods*  That happens.

Rinwyn

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2015, 08:03:59 pm »
Is there anyone who has read this yet? My brother in law runs a blog and got an arc for review and after talking me through my few bouts of hyperventilation kindly offered to let me write the review. 5 hours of starvation and a full bladder later I've finished and have no one to talk to about it. Anyone?
This is a signature. It doesn't look like much, but it has magical properties which can turn dirtbags into toads. May cause light-headedness, dizziness, rosacea, frequent urination, heart palpitations, unnatural urge for grilled cheese, and in most cases works as an aphrodisiac.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2015, 09:37:06 pm »
Bea (charmed) let me have her eARC.
Quite the nasties, eh?

Rinwyn

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2015, 09:50:50 pm »
Have you finished already? Oh my goodness! All the feels!

Is charmed perhaps Bea of Bea's Book Nook?
This is a signature. It doesn't look like much, but it has magical properties which can turn dirtbags into toads. May cause light-headedness, dizziness, rosacea, frequent urination, heart palpitations, unnatural urge for grilled cheese, and in most cases works as an aphrodisiac.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2015, 10:51:01 pm »
Yes she is.  She was a mod here until she got overwhelmed with too many calls on her attention and time.

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2015, 05:35:45 am »
Just read the sample chapter.  :o bOuNcY
This book cannot come out fast enough!
WAKE THE SANTAMIND. -Eric James Stone

Redbirdie

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2015, 01:17:07 pm »
I. CANNOT.  WAIT. bOuNcY

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2015, 09:40:19 pm »
I have just read the sample chapter and i hope so much that Chealsea havent killed her children, but I believe she have killed them  :-'
[/url]

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2015, 01:04:39 pm »
I have just read the sample chapter and i hope so much that Chealsea havent killed her children, but I believe she have killed them  :-'

It is possible that they're hurt, but alive. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but in the snippet where Kage was mentioned, it said something about him being angry over what happened to his wife. That was why Charles provoked him, to get him to focus on something else. If his kids were dead, I don't think that would work, and I think he'd be reacting differently. We'll see!
WAKE THE SANTAMIND. -Eric James Stone

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2015, 01:24:27 pm »
Maybe...I don't know.
After reading the sample chapter I was pretty sure they were dead. Otherwise, wouldn't there have been crying/screaming in the background or something? Or hospital noises if she'd manage to call an ambulance before calling her husband? I'm pretty sure that she's not calling from a hospital/police cell or anything like that though, because she said 'this knife' and 'blood' during the phone call, which seems to suggest, to me, that the knife and blood are still there, in sight, which means she's still at home. And probably so are her children's bodies. Unless they're alive but unconscious or something? But she used a knife, which means stab wounds and... well, I think they probably are dead. Unless it's a fae trick to just make her think she's killed her children and it was really just all in her imagination?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2015, 03:41:21 pm »
She may have fought off the impulse long enough to lock herself in a different room without hurting any of her children.

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2015, 02:56:10 am »
I have been thinking.
Do you remember this from the sample chapters
“Would you do something for me?” she said through gritted teeth, unable to look away from the bright silver promise of the knife.

“Sure,” Max said, snitching a carrot from the bag she’d put on the counter.
Bad manners to steal food before the cook was ready. Bad.

It end here and the next we know is this
Chelsea tried not to look at the blood when she called her husband.

“Kage, Kage, Kage,” she chanted in time with the rings.

“This is Kage Sani,” his voice said in her ear, and she could have cried. “I can’t answer right now. Please leave a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”

“The children,” she said. “Kage. The children.” She wanted to tell him about the children, but she screamed instead. When she caught her breath, and silence fell, she could only whisper, as if another loud noise might wake something evil. Again. “I was so angry, Kage. This knife. Blood. Hurry. Hurry. Hurry. Blood.” When Kage’s phone beeped to signal that it had stopped recording, she was still chanting into the mouthpiece.

Maybe she had felt she were a treat to her children and asked the oldest to take his siblings away from her. Maybe her headache was from a fea trying to controlling her so she would hurt her children. Dead Heat is about the fea hunting children.
I think maybe the fea had tried to make her hurt her children and she asked the oldest to get to safety with his siblings and then she, maybe hurt herself so she didn't follow the children. Afterward she called her husband and tried to tell him he needed to protect the children.

Doesn't it sound reasonable? I will feel better with that outcome instead of her hurting or killing the children.
[/url]