Author Topic: Dead Heat Snippet #2  (Read 5030 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
Re: Dead Heat Snippet #2
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 11:05:08 pm »
 :o Wow!

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 02:26:52 am »

My reaction, as well.
And I'm pleased to see the FBI brought Leslie back for another case concerning non-standard citizens. Although it hit my "SNARK" button, causing me to opine:
"Sorry, but this has gone too far. It's ridiculous. Look, werewolves, vampires, ghosts, magicians, the Fae...those are one thing. But this is beyond the pale even for fantasy. A government agency showing common sense?" :-whistle
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 12:26:47 pm »
 LOL

txterrier

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 05:50:32 am »
Snippit goodness yeay!  Have to love Charles and Brother Wolf.

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 11:13:51 am »
That snippet was just the thing to tide me over for a while. It's about time for a reread.

As for government agencies, they are staffed by your fellow Americans, in all their magnificent variety, spanning from outright venality and ignorance through conscientious competence to, in some cases, true creative excellence. As in any bell curve, the ones at either end are outliers. I was a federal employee, as were my father and his father before him. All of us looked at our work as honorable duty in the service of our fellow Americans, and to some degree of the rest of the world by extension. Snark is a lot of fun, and I often feel the need for a sarcasm font myself (though generally aiming for irony).  Please do remember though that when you talk about the United States government, you are talking about real and imperfect humans, who in most cases are genuinely trying to use good judgement. And judgement calls can be very, very difficult.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 02:58:55 pm »
snippety goodness. :D

Rereading time to make the wait less onerus. LOL

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 02:19:46 am »

My reaction, as well.
And I'm pleased to see the FBI brought Leslie back for another case concerning non-standard citizens. Although it hit my "SNARK" button, causing me to opine:
"Sorry, but this has gone too far. It's ridiculous. Look, werewolves, vampires, ghosts, magicians, the Fae...those are one thing. But this is beyond the pale even for fantasy. A government agency showing common sense?" :-whistle

LOL LOL So true  LOL
[/url]