Author Topic: [Mercy #8] Night Broken **SPOILERS**  (Read 100046 times)

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
Re: [Mercy #8] Night Broken **SPOILERS**
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2014, 01:56:05 pm »
Now, now, Patti.  Christy is still Julie's mother. 
Stefan's house I support wholeheartedly. Marsilia's, not so much.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2014, 02:01:48 pm »
Oh I don't know there's more to being a mother than having the same genes. Though I suppose she was one when she was still Adam's wife. Even a vampire though might have their standards, I'm not sure Stefan would agree to put her up when he met her, and she wouldn't be getting any points with her culinary skills either.  I guess I should just be glad she didn't try running off to another boy friend instead of Adam's, that might of got them killed like it did Troy the guy she dated after her stalker. Didn't save all those women though, but hey like Mercy and Adam said that wasn't her fault. I thought that after everything that happened in Night Broken Christy would of learned a little humility or changed, been thankful they risked their lives and saved her, but the end when Mercy was in the hospital (after she should of been dead and everyone thought she was) Christy told her she wished she would of died, and any hope or understanding I might of had went out the window.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:27:06 pm by Kristenann »

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2014, 02:12:20 pm »
She's not a good mother, but she was involved in one way or another in Julie's life for most of said life.  So even though as mentioned, she's not a very good mother, it would put Julie in a bad spot to feed Christy to Marsilia. 

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2014, 02:14:44 pm »
Now, now, Patti.  Christy is still Julie's mother. 
Stefan's house I support wholeheartedly. Marsilia's, not so much.

Julie who?  I'd grant she's Jesse's mother, but who is Julie.

*averts eyes from errors in grammar & spelling for other poster*

Did you mean "they riSked their lives"? And that she almost died, rather than (like Christie) been colored differently?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2014, 02:29:13 pm »
That would be me and my inability to remember the right name for the right person, even with book characters.  Julie belongs in Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels universe. 
Sorry.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2014, 02:35:26 pm »
Yes Patti L. that is what I meant. What 's the use in being able to type fast if I can't spell right? Although if I only used one finger to type real slow, I'd most likely still make a few grammar boo boos.

Sending Christy to Marsilia's? No I wouldn't do that to Mercy, she'd feel too guilty about it. And Jesse has been through too much already for a kid. I get the Julie and Jesse mix up, they're both tough girls.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:37:04 pm by Kristenann »

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2014, 02:38:10 pm »
Well, now you've each got one longer leg, shall I pull the other? ;)

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2014, 03:16:54 pm »
Didn't Christy end up moving in with Aurielle and her mate? I wonder how that's going and how long it'll last? It wasn't decided at the end if Christy was moving back or not. What does everything think she's going to do? Stick around and make waves?

Side note; The Lord of Night was mentioned quite a few times in several of the books, I wonder if that might be important later? If he'll make an appearance.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:58:03 pm by Kristenann »

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2014, 04:59:48 am »
I think that giving Christy to Marsilla might backfire anyway.

What if they became friends? They might end up bonding over their mutual hatred of Mercy, and their wish that she would die, and the terribly annoying fact that neither of them can actually go and kill her  >:( , and how terrible it is that these guys they love (separate guys, so they don't need to compete with each other) both seem to think Mercy is so wonderful and special etc.
Christy might find it advantageous to have the vampire queen as her BFF, and considering how manipulative and selfish Marsilla has proven to be, if Marsilla figured out how good Christy was at manipulating other people, especially the werewolves, she might decide she could use that, even though Christy is only human.
Maybe Marsilla could offer Christy superstrength and the ability to stop ageing in exchange for her help with a few things?
But somehow I imagine they could actually become friends (well, friends who try to manipulate each other anyway), rather than only trying to manipulate each other.

And now I have this image in my head of Marsilla and Christy hanging out at the seethe, bitching about Mercy and painting each others nails while Wulfe hangs out in the background.    ???

Maybe they could invite Leah?
They could all have a fun We-hate-Mercy-and-really-wish-she-would-die-but-we-can't-actually-go-and-kill-her party?

I don't think Wulfe hates Mercy though. Considering that he's supposed to be really old, older that the Lord of Night, and considering what someone said in Frost Burned, I think, about how being really old makes them bored and makes even disaster seem like a good thing, I suspect Wulfe actually kind of likes having Mercy around, since she doesn't actually seem likely to try to hunt and kill him or Marsilla (and possibly couldn't kill him anyway, since he seems to be able to get up and move around quickly during the day), and since having Mercy around seems to result in so much interesting drama and fun conflicts and conversations.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:38:21 am by Itsy-Cat »

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2014, 07:48:13 am »
Oh gosh I could totally see Christy making friends with Marsilia, thinking she could manipulate vamps like she manipulates everyone else (especially the men), though Marsilia would only keep her around until she's worn out her usefulness. As long as they tell her the vamp bite wouldn't hurt, in fact if a handsome male vamp told her it'd be pleasure able, among other things, I bet Christy would sign up then and there. Sadly Adam, Mercy, and pack would rush in to rescue her, probably getting them badly hurt or killed.

Everytime I think of Wulfe now, I think of his phone conversation with Mercy. If he wasn't as old as he is, even for a vamp, I'd almost say he has a crush.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:54:05 am by Kristenann »

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2014, 11:38:32 am »
I was thinking more in terms of the way that (rather like werewolves...) Vampires don't think of themselves as human any more, and despise baseline humans.  To Marsilia, and most other vampires, they - we - are "Sheep", FOOD, not "people".  She might enjoy having Christie as one of her sheep who could move in the daylight hours and do malicious things to Mercy, before she gets bored, forgetful, angry, - or Lily the pianist does so - and mauls Christie to death.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2014, 11:48:05 am »
There would also be the problem of the werewolves owing the vampires for keeping Christie safe.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #207 on: October 29, 2014, 11:55:32 am »
There would also be the problem of the werewolves owing the vampires for keeping Christie safe.

Huh?  ???

Do you mean "the werewolves would inform Marsilia in no uncertain terms that Christie is THEIRS, not hers, so she better make sure nothing bad happens to Christie"?

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #208 on: October 29, 2014, 12:06:32 pm »
I was thinking more in terms of the way that (rather like werewolves...) Vampires don't think of themselves as human any more, and despise baseline humans.  To Marsilia, and most other vampires, they - we - are "Sheep", FOOD, not "people".  She might enjoy having Christie as one of her sheep who could move in the daylight hours and do malicious things to Mercy, before she gets bored, forgetful, angry, - or Lily the pianist does so - and mauls Christie to death.

Except this is Christy we're talking about, who seems to be bizzarely/confusingly  ??? good at manipulating people in ways that make you wonder why/how is she able to do that/get them to behave that way, even after re-reading it.

So how do we know that she couldn't actually succeed, at least partially, in manipulating Marsilla too? Maybe not quite to the extent that she's able to manipulate Auriele and Mary Jo, but still. If she failed, then, ok, maybe she'd be used briefly as a sheep then eaten. Or Marsilla might decide, if she was useful enough, to keep her long-term (Marsilla is strong enough to keep her sheep long enough to turn them, after all.)

But I still think it might be possible for Christy to manipulate the vamps, and she could certainly find common ground with Marsilla, and use that to try and be friends, and either Marsilla might fall for it or, probably more likely, might appreciate the talent and then both try to use each other while being friends? Manipulation seems kind of like the way Christy's normal friendships operate anyway.
If she was too good at manipulating Marsilla, maybe Wulfe would kill her? I can't see Christy being able to manipulate Wulfe, for some reason. ??? But then, I also suspect that if she could manipulate Marsilla, it would go both ways, since Marsilla's good at manipulating (in a different way) too.

Oh gosh I could totally see Christy making friends with Marsilia, thinking she could manipulate vamps like she manipulates everyone else (especially the men), though Marsilia would only keep her around until she's worn out her usefulness. As long as they tell her the vamp bite wouldn't hurt, in fact if a handsome male vamp told her it'd be pleasure able, among other things, I bet Christy would sign up then and there. Sadly Adam, Mercy, and pack would rush in to rescue her, probably getting them badly hurt or killed.

Everytime I think of Wulfe now, I think of his phone conversation with Mercy. If he wasn't as old as he is, even for a vamp, I'd almost say he has a crush.

I'm not sure I can imagine Wulfe having a crush on anyone. Maybe the problem is that he seems too inhuman?  >D A lot more so than Marsilla, who still seems to have likes and dislikes, sort of loves certain other vampires and is definately able to feel jealous. Wulfe though just... isn't. He seems to find some things amusing or interesting still, I think, and maybe cares about Marsilla? But generally, with other things? Not so much? With Mercy on the phone, I think he was just enjoying the conversation and the fact that he could creep her out.

Huh?  ???

Do you mean "the werewolves would inform Marsilia in no uncertain terms that Christie is THEIRS, not hers, so she better make sure nothing bad happens to Christie"?

Would the werewolves need to owe the vamps, or claim Christy as theirs though, if it was clear that she was choosing to hang out with Marsilla, not doing it because of mind control? They might warn her about vamps, but she's an adult, a human, not pack or anyone's mate etc. Can't she make her own decisions about who she want to hang around with?
I guess the issue would be trying to figure out whether Christy really was hanging out with Marsilla of her own free will or not, which might be a lot more difficult?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:18:24 pm by Itsy-Cat »

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2014, 12:20:13 pm »

Huh?  ???

No, if Christie was sent to Marsilia to live, the vampires would consider this a favour to the werewolves and thus a debt.

If she went to visit of her own free will, no debt would be involved. Though it would still cause some sort of difficulties.