Author Topic: [Mercy #8] Night Broken **SPOILERS**  (Read 97446 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: [Mercy #8] Night Broken **SPOILERS**
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2014, 09:12:08 pm »
I'm wondering; now that the local cops - and CANTRIP, if they bother to notice it - have been introduced to the idea that the "mythical" magicals of other cultures are real and dangerous... how long until that does get out to the general public?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2014, 09:28:02 pm »
I think the general public (also the government) has been in denial about that for a while.  If the Fae are real and originated in Europe, and other cultures have mythologies involving supernatural beings pre-dating European contact, then logic says the fae aren't the only mythological race that actually exists.  The only exception would be if you're using "fae" as a catchall term for "any preternatural humanoid being." 

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2014, 09:48:34 pm »
Werewolves are separate. 
Most people won't make much differentiation. "Bugs" after all, right?

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #168 on: June 26, 2014, 09:55:32 pm »
Well, that's what I mean.  If you're an everyday human who doesn't have regular contact with anyone you know is fae, you might use "fae" to refer to anything not-quite-human, even thought the term doesn't actually apply.  So you might assume that basically everything exists, but is being dealt with under either the fae or the werewolves.  There's some precedent for ambiguity in terms - look at, oh, what's her name.  The Russian "witch"... Baba Yaga.  Even Mercy thought she was just a witch until they actually met. 

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2014, 10:08:13 am »
So we're getting a POV from Adam in Shifting shadows? I wonder which scenes we'll get from his point of view, or if we'll end up getting several.

I'm hoping for several scenes  :D but that might have something to do with me being an obsessive Adam fan.  LOL
Although I will admit he did upset me a little in night broken. In parts of the story I felt he let Christy get away with a little too much and certainly didn't defend Mercy as much as he should have. Nonetheless, I still adore him and any insight we get, I'll gladly read. :D

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #170 on: July 04, 2014, 11:32:51 am »
oOh maybe we'll get the scene from Adam's pov when Mercy called Adam's cell and Christy told Mercy he was unavailable to speak to her, well one of the times she told Mercy that anyway, the big one that almost got Mercy killed. I guess I could skip what was going through Adams's mind when he was sharing one of his tender moments with Christy and reflecting on their past together. Or what he thought about when he told Mercy she could go stay at Kyle's house. And for the finale the scene when he found out Mercy's neck was broken, and Christy told Mercy in the hospital she wished she was dead. Almost any pov from Adam would be welcome. I really enjoyed the glimpses we got from his perspective in Frost Burned.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #171 on: July 04, 2014, 11:34:47 am »
Also this is off topic, but I always wondered how Bran told Adam to keep an eye on Mercy all those years ago, but for 15 years he never once just called her to see how she was doing first hand?

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2014, 09:36:52 pm »
My best guess is that Bran either a) suspected that Mercy would resent his checking up on her b) for other Reasons, was trying to be hands-off with protecting her, as far as was possible for him.  Perhaps because of Samuel.  Perhaps he was worried about his own attachment to her for one reason or another.  Maybe he worried that any direct involvement by him, even a phone call, might increase her visibility to one of the other supernatural factions and put her in danger. 

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2014, 10:11:48 pm »
Or maybe he had other stealth agents watching out for her?

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2014, 06:00:46 pm »
I'd like to see some more pranks Mercy played on the weres, especially Bran. It'd be nice to see the pranks she played from his perspective and what he really thought about them, or even the night she wrecked his car.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2014, 07:20:25 pm »
Wonder if any of those are touched on in the "Shifting Shadows" anthology?

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #176 on: August 15, 2014, 06:56:54 pm »
Hm maybe, I suppose anythings possible. I read cry wolf and loved the small insight into Bran's head. I haven't yet read any of the other Alpha or Omega books with Anna and Charles even though I've been meaning to for awhile. Does anyone know if there are any more Bran POV's in there?

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #177 on: August 15, 2014, 09:09:16 pm »
Isn't there a Bran POV in Fair Game?  I want to say there's a short one.  Yeah, there has to be, because there's that conversation with Adam. 

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #178 on: August 18, 2014, 07:43:59 pm »
Yea I skipped around a little in Alpha and Omega series, and I remember reading about the conversation between Adam and Bran. I wonder why PB showed those particular POV's from Bran. Maybe to show what he was going through control wise? I can't wait to see what's in store in the next Mercy book, and I wonder if Bran and Samuel will be in it more? Also hope whatever happens there's no Christy, and maybe Adam and Mercy could sort through some of the things she went through in Night Broken.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2014, 06:02:40 pm »
This is somewhat off the topic here, but I wonder if being mated means you love your spouse more. I mean would the wolves take being separated from their spouse worse then if it was just their wife/husband, and if it has more to do with being a wolf or a mate bond. For instance Bran lost Samuel's mother when he was still human, and she wasn't his mate, yet he grieved and healed, but when he lost Blue-jay Charles's mom he was both a wolf and mated to her, and he kind of lost it.

Then I wonder about Mercy's mom who I love, she didn't know what to do with Mercy a coyote pup so she gave her to Bran's pack to raise. She never told her husband or other children she had a child when she was young that she wasn't ready to take care of (half truth) until Mercy showed up there was she was 16. Mercy didn't need to change and wasn't dangerous like a baby wolf would be, I wonder if her mother ever considered taking her back after she came to understand what Mercy was a little better. After all this time I still feel bad for Mercy for being a child her mother couldn't tell her family about, and never really feeling like she belonged. Even though now she has Jesse and Adam, Warren, Kyle, Stefan, Ben, and a few pack members she still is bring treated somewhat on the out skirts, especially now that Christy's back.