Author Topic: [Mercy #8] Night Broken **SPOILERS**  (Read 99626 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: [Mercy #8] Night Broken **SPOILERS**
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2014, 11:29:18 am »
Patty always manages to surprise us, and things that look impossible become transformed.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2014, 06:33:04 pm »
Sorry for upsetting you DW.

Rob

• lovebird
  • Grease Monkey
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2014, 09:38:31 am »
Wow.  So negative and discouraging, so many ideas that are impossible, in a series of books full of impossibilities.  I'm reminded once again, why I stop coming here for months on end, and then when I do, I wind up wandering away again shaking my head.  *sigh*

DW, I don't believe anyone was being negative or discouraging.  They were simply discussing your suggestion by POLITELY pointing out information from the books that make your suggestion seem unlikely.  If you are upset about people disagreeing with you in a friendly manner, then that seems like an issue for you.

I realize that this is not the friendliest post, but the ladies who responded to you always nice and do not deserve your comments.
Proud member of the Maulers Union Local #182.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2014, 12:04:47 pm »
Just did a quick reread. I noticed that while Gary is there at the end of the fight scene, he is mentioned nowhere during the hospital scenes. Where did he go? >D

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2014, 07:42:51 pm »
Jail? Turned in by Kyle perhaps?

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2014, 07:45:55 pm »
A possibility. :-whistle

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2014, 08:36:40 pm »
Or he could have simply left/hidden to avoid just that fate.  After all, lots of authority figures at a hospital...

I imagine that when Mercy wants to find him, she won't have any trouble doing so.  He'll make himself available, probably more easily than Coyote

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2014, 08:43:23 pm »
Quite possible.  LOL

pjfrisch

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2014, 02:23:53 pm »
I think Gary will hang around, at least for a little while.  He is smitten with Honey, and she seems be warming a little to him also.  It has been a few months now, since Peter died, and I think Honey could use a distraction.  Considering Gary, it is unlikely to be anything more than a casual fling, if it ever happens.  She did tell him to stay, eat, sleep, and then leave in the morning! 
I think that Honey is beginning to reveal her dominance by taking care of people, in spite herself.  She is certainly helping to promote Mercy's place in the pack by showing the videos of Mercy's fight in the garage. 

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2014, 03:18:32 am »
I agree, I think Gary will be back in some way. I think he has a soft spot for Mercy already and does see her as a sister, as well as having an attraction to Honey. I certainly will not be complaining if he sticks around, he's a fun character to read about.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2014, 08:04:00 am »
Does anyone think Christy will stick around and be a prominent figure in the next book? And I know this is never going to happen but if some event did happen to take Mercy out of the picture, do you think Christy would be able to worm her way back into Adams house? Christy hanging out maybe she'll make more of an effort to find out more information about werewolves, hopefully she'd never use that information about Mercy (once she finds out what exactly Mercy is) or Bran against them or feed it to Catnip as some kind of vendetta.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2014, 08:42:11 am »
"feed it to Catnip" !   I gather you meant "feed the information to Cantrip"?
Some of the pack are up on Christy now, and would campaign against her, I think.  Adam and Jesse know better than to let her back in full time, especially Jesse.  And, with MaryJo having a crush on Adam too, she'd put up her own campaign if he was up for grabs.
Although, I'm suspecting that like Bryan, Mercy's foster father, Adam would, one way or another, die pretty shortly after her if Mercy died.
I don't see Mercy leaving without that happening, at this point.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2014, 10:04:34 am »
Yea I meant Cantrip thanks! The pack still seemed half split down the middle with some of them still comforting Christy even after they found out she lied, and when Mercy found out about Mary Jo's feelings toward Adam she mentioned to her that she'd had several years to go after Adam before Mercy came into the picture as a potential mate. I think Mary Jo said something about not being good enough for Adam? I'm not sure I'd have to go back and look. I also can't see Adam ever committing suicide even if something happened to Mercy, he has his pack to look after and Jesse. In silverborne when the fae Queen had Mercy for a decent amount of time Adam was in a really dark place, maybe he still had hope Mercy was alive though.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2014, 10:11:52 am »
He did have that hope, and the mate bond, however fried it was.
And MaryJo did say neither she nor Mercy was good enough for Adam.
I also wonder if the whole "Alpha= take care of pack" thing might prevent Adam from suicide.  Actively, yes, but he might be somewhat less careful about his own survival if something threatened Jesse or the pack/pack members, without Mercy.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2014, 05:26:26 pm »
Random question but I think I read that Adam met Christy when she was 18, and he was already a werewolf so how old would that make Adam when he married/met her? I need to do a few rereads it's been awhile.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 05:47:09 pm by Kristenann »