Author Topic: [Mercy #8] Night Broken **SPOILERS**  (Read 99623 times)

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
Re: [Mercy #8] Night Broken **SPOILERS**
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2014, 04:19:08 pm »
*What Patti said.*

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2014, 06:58:44 pm »
Also, I want to know why in the world didn't Mercy get a large lunch or something while she was working? Seriously, she could have picked up stuff at lunch she could have munched on before going home, and picked up food before going to work. Missing a meal here or there is understandable with stress, but missing enough of them over the course of three or four days to noticeably lose weight makes me think she might have been trying to subconsciously punish Adam or something.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2014, 07:54:54 pm »
Some people get more hungry when they are stressed, some people get less hungry.  I can go either way, and even on a good day I sometimes forget to eat or whether I've already eaten, so I can sort of see how Mercy might neglect to compensate for her lack of consumption at home.

Granted, Mercy and I have vastly different metabolisms.  But I've had a couple of fast-metabolismed friends who were the same way.

Or she could have been subconsciously punishing Adam or subconsciously trying to demand his attention.  Who knows. *shrug*

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2014, 11:33:02 am »
Maybe they should just all get together in a private room and really let it rip (without a pack audience), air out some of those grievances without witnesses for Christy to manipulate. Maybe a snippet or POV from Adam during the events of Night Broken? Poor Darryl at the end of the book didn't Adam say Christy was going to stay with Auriele for awhile till she decided what she was going to do? It seemed like she caused some ripples in their relationship. So the authorities know there are creatures out there like the volcano God, and who knows where the body of the river devil ended up, and in one of the previous books Mercy mentioned it was only a matter of time before the vampires were found out. She said that since the fae and werewolves were real many were speculating vampires probably were too, and there was no way to lighten up the fact that they feed on humans. Then there's the fact that the Gray Lords and Bran were under some sort of negociation I don't remember if anything so far has come of that, but it was making the vampires nervous about what their place was going to be. And cantrip trying to get themselves a pack of werewolves under their control. So does anyone think these things will play a major part in the next book? Or will we have a new monster they'll have to figure out how to defeat?

pjfrisch

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2014, 06:46:52 am »
Bringing Zach into the pack showed what was involved, so that when Mercy brought in Joel, we would recognize the ceremony.
Also, remember in the very first book,  "Moon Called",  when PB has a scene with Tony at the beginning?  I kept expecting him to be a major player in the book, but he didn't really show up much until later books.  I think we have the beginnings of future stories or complications in the life of Mercy.  Who knows, maybe Zach will wander away and be seen again in the next Charles & Anna book!

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2014, 07:13:14 am »
Considering Zack called Adam, "One of Those Alphas, 9)" I'm wondering how long he'll stick around. ???

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2014, 07:43:27 pm »
There is that.  LOL

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2014, 07:23:15 pm »
Just re-listened to Night Broken, and a few small things came to mind.  One thing, I was thinking that since Tad has been "invited" to the rez for a visit, that maybe Zack will stick around to work in her garage for her.  Not sure if that's plausible or not, but just a thought.  I can see how that might be a really good fit for him somehow, not sure why, just do.

Also, thinking about how Honey said that maybe she should get a dog, and that maybe Cookie will be comfortable with her and they can do each other some good.

Then, and this one is especially fuzzy, sort of like some of Mercy's leaps of logic, but
at the very very end, there’s the comment from Coyote about Mercy using the walking stick to “cut the bonds” for Joel instead her solution which was to bring him into the pack, so I wonder if it can cut Mercy’s bonds to Stephan and the seethe, somehow... sort of... maybe. 
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2014, 08:01:40 pm »
Then, and this one is especially fuzzy, sort of like some of Mercy's leaps of logic, but at the very very end, there’s the comment from Coyote about Mercy using the walking stick to “cut the bonds” for Joel instead her solution which was to bring him into the pack, so I wonder if it can cut Mercy’s bonds to Stephan and the seethe, somehow... sort of... maybe. 

Nice idea. But remember that Adam and Stephan suggested that the bonds were now permanent. The only way to break them was for Stephan to die. Stephan agreed it would break the bond, but implied/suggested that it was too close a bond and would probably kill Mercy.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2014, 08:42:46 pm »
I think that was more than an implication.  Eek.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2014, 08:53:38 pm »
Yep, I got that part too, but it IS magic after all. 

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2014, 09:00:29 pm »
And Mercy's effect on same, with Daddy's help...
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2014, 09:25:55 pm »
Also Mercy said that the bond between her and Stephan was different from pack bonds. It might be different enough to not allow the walkingstick to work.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2014, 05:10:35 am »
Wow.  So negative and discouraging, so many ideas that are impossible, in a series of books full of impossibilities.  I'm reminded once again, why I stop coming here for months on end, and then when I do, I wind up wandering away again shaking my head.  *sigh*

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2014, 06:26:44 am »
I am sorry for upsetting you.