Author Topic: Jenn Bennett  (Read 5774 times)

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
Jenn Bennett
« on: June 09, 2013, 02:01:42 am »
So the third book in the Arcadia Bell series came out at the end of May. And finished with a sort of cliffhanger. bOuNcY Has anyone else read this series? I can't wait to see what happens next for Cady & Lon & Jupe! It's one of my "must reads". :)

Books in order:-

Kindling the Moon
Summoning the Night
Leashing the Tempest (novella)
Binding the Shadows

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
Re: Jenn Bennett
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 10:21:50 am »
I really like this series. The first book suffered from a little "first-book" problems, but the rest have improved. I love Jupe - he's one of my favorite characters. It's so nice to have an adolescent in a series like this. It seems that in urban fantasy, most of the characters are adults.

I remember reading the end of the last book and yelling out loud "Oh no she didn't!!!" I got a few strange looks, but geez, what a cliffhanger! I did figure out her status earlier in the book, so I kinda saw the baby coming, but I didn't see her complete and total beating. That was harsh.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:23:57 am by Cerulean »
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:58:34 am »
Yes it was nasty. :-'

And I didn't really like the nutty mother plotline. I thought that was resolved and over in book one.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 07:34:53 am »
Yes it was nasty. :-'

And I didn't really like the nutty mother plotline. I thought that was resolved and over in book one.

I agree. I wish that plotline had stayed put. It made a really neat first book curve, but I'd hate for it to become the main thread throughout the books.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 02:35:22 pm »
Bitter Spirits, book one of a new series, was brilliant. Can't wait for the next. bOuNcY

http://allthingsuf.com/2014/01/5bat-review-bitter-spirits-roaring-twenties-1-jenn-bennett.html

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 06:32:18 pm »
Loved this book!
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D