Author Topic: [Mercy #8] Night Broken Speculation **Possible Frost Burned Spoilers**  (Read 54682 times)

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
Re: [Mercy #8] Night Broken Speculation **Possible Frost Burned Spoilers**
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2013, 11:34:30 am »
Having Tad to help her check it out does help, but I still would view the car with the utmost suspicion.  What if there's some kind of vampire magic that neither of them can sense?  Perhaps something dormant that can be put to use later at Marsilia's leisure.
Nope, I'm definitely not driving that car. 

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2013, 02:09:02 pm »
Repair, then trade it off to someone you don't really like?  :-whistle
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2013, 02:24:32 pm »
Nah, you guys are all buying extra trouble.  For Marsillia to do something like that would bring too much unnecessary trouble.  She's best off keeping the status quo as far as the wolves go, and that would include keeping Mercy safe and so adds to that.  Bran is happy, Adam is happy, her seethe is better off.  They may not like each other, but a business like respect is best.  They don't infringe on each others interests.
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 03:26:36 pm »
Spotted on the chat today:

Patty: While we're getting questions -- Night Broken -- the fae want their walking stick . . . just saying.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2013, 06:02:34 pm »
...my money is on Coyote, in that particular stand-off...

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2013, 11:16:36 pm »
I agree. Coyote is sly and sneaky. The fae might be too, but he is more.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2013, 08:31:36 am »
Coyote is sneaky and he changes rules to suit himself.  Fae are terribly rule bound, so they will be very off balance IMO.

On another topic, we've seen a lot of how Mercy is a sort of locus for many issues...  I'm thinking of one of the books (NO idea now which one and it doesn't really matter) but all the 'people' that Mercy has involved in the Wolves' world are listed... Fae, Vamps, Cops, River monsters i.e. Native creatures, etc etc... the one thing that hasn't been focused on too much is the Police.  At a couple points it's mentioned that the Kennewick doesn't have any werewolves on the force, Mercy tells US that they do, but she doesn't tell Tony.  She's worked at getting good relations set up with the police in general, but nothing too direct.  I wonder if there will be more or at least closer cooperation between the wolves and the police? 

There has been some cooperation with individuals in the FBI and even with CANTRP but nothing definite...  wonder what would happen if an FBI agent in good standing who got mortally injured, got turned.  (like what happened to the Omega in the Italian pack)   just my mind wandering! 

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2013, 09:20:55 am »
In one of the other threads, (I think it was the one about those crazy things that pop into your head) I mentioned the possibility of the (possibly) Omega profiler for the FBI who Leslie Fisher mentioned in "Fair Game" getting turned, and then fighting to retain his job. Test case for "are they human or aren't they?" to some extent, with the added bonus of almost literally everyone who meets him being on his side, because of his Omega qualities.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2013, 12:01:51 pm »
Actually during the chat Patty stated that "Night Broken" plot is Fae trying to get the walking stick back from Coyote.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2013, 02:23:13 pm »
Actually during the chat Patty stated that "Night Broken" plot is Fae trying to get the walking stick back from Coyote.

Saw that gryphon340, haven't disputed it either... my talking about the FBI and or police involvement is a secondary thing I'd been thinking about.  Besides, when has one of Patty's books ever had a single straight line track of a storyline? 

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2013, 05:27:49 pm »
Most have striaght with alot of red herrings throwen in
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Went to see Patty's reading at Miscon today. Let's just say that we'll get to see a character from Fair Games again. And she told us where the title came from, if not the specifics. I must say, if you get the chance to go to one of her readings, take it!

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
Come on! Which character? >D

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
Z! you  tease! LOL
Please tell? 

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
Trying to post a reply and it's acting really odd! 

Wanted to say that it could be Agents Fisher, or possibly Armstrong, or the other agent who worked with them.   Of course it may well be Alistair Beauclaire too!  We need to make a list of who all else it could be too.