Author Topic: [Mercy #8] Night Broken Speculation **Possible Frost Burned Spoilers**  (Read 54684 times)

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
O.K., with this title and the loose ends in Frost Burned, it is possible this is Stefan's story of healing as well as the hunt for the information person Frost used to gain werewolf secrets.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:39:45 pm by Elle »

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
Re: [Mercy #8] Night BrokenSpeculation Possible Frost Burned Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:41:13 pm »
Wait, when did we learn the next title!?  *feels like she's missing something important* 
But yeah, with that title, I'd guess there's gonna be some significant vampire involvement here

marci8300

• Tinker
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 08:09:00 pm »
Ok.  I'm confused.  Where did this title come from?  I thought that Patty said she only has one more novel to write and she isn't sure what it's going to be about other than it being in the Mercy/Alpha & Omega world?  Am I wrong?

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 08:39:17 pm »
It came from the Seattle signing last night. :)

2 more Mercy books (maybe more depending on what Patty decides down the road) and 1 more Mercyverse book which could be anything from A&O to something new.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Yes, Patty informed us that as of 2 days ago, "Night Broken" is to be the next title, & it will be Mercy.  She said she wanted to give Anna & Charles some "happily ever after" time before she tortures them again.

She also said she has no plans to change Jesse; not only does it imply that no character who is not supernatural in some way matters, it also helps keep the pack, and the series, grounded in the mundane.

She also agreed when someone pointed out/asked if she realized that for all Mercy's the main series, she deals with local matters, while Anna & Charles deal with the wider world.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

marci8300

• Tinker
HURRAY!  This is so exciting.   bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY  I'm so happy right now!  I was thinking the whole time reading Frost Burned that this was the last book and was so sad.  Night Broken could be about the fae?  This could be the plans that they have.  Zee really doesn't seem to be happy about some of the things the Grey Lords are doing. 

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
Yes, Patty informed us that as of 2 days ago, "Night Broken" is to be the next title, & it will be Mercy.  She said she wanted to give Anna & Charles some "happily ever after" time before she tortures them again.
I find it amusing and slightly ironic that Charles and Anna get "happily ever after" time between the last book and the next one (assuming there's another A&O and we don't get something new... I'm hoping for more A&O but I accept that if Patty wants to do something new it will also be splendid) but Adam and Mercy get thrown down the stairs again immediately.  Not that I'm complaining. 

So glad we've got at least a few more Mercyverse books coming!

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
I find it amusing and slightly ironic that Charles and Anna get "happily ever after" time between the last book and the next one (assuming there's another A&O and we don't get something new... I'm hoping for more A&O but I accept that if Patty wants to do something new it will also be splendid) but Adam and Mercy get thrown down the stairs again immediately.  Not that I'm complaining.

I had the same thought. :D :D

So glad we've got at least a few more Mercyverse books coming!

Yes, more Mercy is good.  bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

marci8300

• Tinker
Patty has said that she hasn't been able to come up with a plot for Anna and Charles.  They don't necessarily have to have a happy ending.....Charles is probably busy out scaring everyone and Anna is doing her best to soothe them.  Trouble just finds Mercy whether she wants it or not.  Charles is a bit different.  He goes out looking for trouble and finishes it quickly.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
He gets sent to where trouble is brewing, which is a little different. 
I'm wondering, with the Night & the Broken... Stefan?  And maybe Asil?

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
Re: [Mercy #8] Night Broken Speculation **Possible Frost Burned Spoilers**
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 10:08:00 am »
Night and Broken sounds more like Stefan myself.

marci8300

• Tinker
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 11:09:40 am »
I love Stephan.  I am really hoping that he is able to get out of the funk that he is in.  I also hope that he doesn't turn against Mercy in some way.  That would really suck.  Marisillia and Mercy need to put aside their differences, work together and help Stephan.  If you really care about someone enough, you should be able to sit down with your enemy and come up with an agreement to help that person.  Stephan needs help.  I don't want to see him get lost.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 04:18:01 pm »
Pffft, Marsillia is a complete sociopath.  She has no feelings as we know them any longer, perhaps they've eroded over time.  She only sees lesser beings, (meaning anyone except herself) either human, fae or vamp as tools for her to use as she wishes.  The fact that they don't necessarily fall in with her plans is an annoyance, she can force her vamps to do as she wishes, others she has to manipulate or force somehow. 

She seems to have some vague regrets that Stefan isn't close to her anymore, regret or else annoyance about it maybe she is in denial that she went too far with her 'plan' to force the traitors in her seethe out in the open, or maybe she's convinced that he's just playing hard to get.  She has absolutely no morals, and doesn't see why she should try to have even a semblance of them even if just for appearances sake.

I'm not sure why Stefan clings to her at all, is it because he's trying to be honorable?  Can he really actually love her even though she has no honor and no loyalty except to herself?  I'm pretty puzzled by that.
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 12:03:26 am »
I think this should be taken to either Marsilia's or Stefan's thread - or vampire speculation in general, it's not about the next book. 

I wonder how far the time line will have advanced for this; will it be over the Christmas holiday that they were gearing up toward in Frost Burned?  Moving into spring?  I don't think there's been a Mercy book set in spring yet.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 05:57:37 am »
*meekly*  ok, sorry Patti L.  ..got a little carried away.  :-[     ((  ;D ))
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it