Author Topic: [Mercy #7] Frost Burned Discussion **Spoilers**  (Read 70023 times)

YuleRule

• Tinker
Re: [Mercy #7] Frost Burned Discussion **Spoilers**
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2014, 01:09:55 pm »
So I was skimming the end of Frost Burned, and I had a thought about what if Stephan was fighting. Even if can teleport a limited number of times, he could just pick a really convienient moment to do it in. Then I thought, hey, doesn't Marsilia also have the ability to teleport? She could have teleported and shoved the iron bar into Frost's heart. But then maybe she was hiding her ability? But then who from? Mercy knows, as presumably so does Adam. So do Wulfe (probably) and Stephan. So she must not want Asil, Honey, or Hao to know, as the rest (Shamus and Frost) will be dead if they win. Thoughts?
Please Check These Out!

Baum Diggity

• Mechanic
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2014, 08:26:05 am »
I don't know....maybe it has something to do with those playground rules that our childhoods all lived by...

"I can teleport."

"No, no teleporting, that's cheating!"

"Fiiiiine..."
Zoologist. Artist. Athlete.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2014, 03:43:33 pm »
Seems like vampires would delight in breaking those rules, but then again...  Maybe there's some kind of code that they have to fight by.  Or maybe teleporting has to be long-range, or has a recovery period (even a couple of seconds of recovery could be deadly in a vampire fight.)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2014, 09:50:14 pm »
Or she might not be as good at it as Stephan, and remember how tired he got after transporting people in both NB and BC? Maybe she could manage one or two teleports, but would be completely or just mostly drained afterwards.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2014, 07:51:51 am »
I'm thinking that Zealith's argument of energy drain is valid. A good showy move, but you need to conserve energy for the long haul of the fight.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2014, 08:40:07 am »
Given the way Stephan was wiped out after teleporting with Chad, yeah.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2014, 05:09:59 pm »
Given the way Stephan was wiped out after teleporting with Chad, yeah.
I think teleporting while also transporting someone else would be much more difficult than transporting yourself twice.
For instance: Go for a hike up a mountain, return to the trailhead, and repeat.  The next day, bring a friend with you.  lift your friend over your shoulder and hike at the same speed, over the same trail, as you did before. You only have to do it once this time, but I'd bet you're more tired when you're finished. 

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2014, 08:35:54 pm »
It occurs to me as I am re-reading a portion of Frost Burned, that I really want to know what was going through Asil's head when Mercy 'defended' him to Marsilia.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2014, 08:22:21 pm »
I'd like to know a few things that might have gone through Asil's head in that book, but you bring up an interesting one. Also Adam made a comment to Asil that sounded something like an order and Asil snapped "I'm not your wolf", but didn't Mercy tell Marsilia that Asil was hers? I'd have to read through the book again, but I think he was amused. Could be the dominant wolf thing with Adam, and the fact that Mercy is a coyote (female too) and he knew she didn't mean anything by it.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2014, 04:48:27 am »
I don't remember the order, had Adam and Asil had their dominance face off by the time Mercy declared Asil hers?

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2014, 12:07:22 pm »
Yes.

But no matter the outcome, Asil belongs to Bran directly, Mercy is part of Adam's pack with Adam being one of the Alphas who belong to Bran outside of his pack. 
She would not have a claim on Asil as one of hers, even if he were submissive. 

Though I suppose knowing his place could make Asil more willing/able to overlook being falsely claimed. 

Itsy-Cat

• Tinker
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2014, 01:07:16 pm »
I suspect it was because Adam is another wolf, and one very close in dominance to Asil, so his wolf couldn't overlook something like being falsely claimed, (especially before he and Adam had established who was more dominant.)
Mercy, on the other hand, is the little coyote girl who peanut buttered Bran's car seat; not anyone his wolf considers a potential threat, which would allow Asil's wolf to overlook a lot of things that he couldn't overlook with another wolf.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2014, 10:29:14 pm »
And Mercy was also telling Marisilia, who has a thing for werewolves, "Back off, you'll get trouble trying to take this werewolf, whether from me, this minute, or long term, from his Alpha, who is also (sort of) my uber-Alpha."
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #163 on: December 23, 2014, 11:18:46 pm »
True, and I think she sort of can't help standing up to Marisilia at this point, considering their history, what she did to Samuel by taking him over, Stefan and the list goes on. Backing down even though Asil can take care of himself could be seen as week, just as it would if she tried that with Honey (who is Mercy's wolf, and Bran's by extension). As we've seen there are vamps worse, if not as bad as Marisilia, but I wonder if others will keep trying to take over her seeth, and if Mercy will be brought into that also. Mercy keeps getting dragged into fae, wolf, and vamp troubles. The fight scene was excellent though, I mean Mercy ended up taking them all down except the one(s) Thomas Hao took care of, though Wulfe didn't seem to be giving the fight his best. Mercy is physically weaker then the wolves, and way easier to kill then the vamps, she doesn't compare to the witches we've seen magically or the fae in all categories, out of all the supes we've encountered she is suppose to be the weakest in all those areas. So far she is fast, stronger then a human, and turns into a coyote with sharp teeth an claws, she can see ghosts, and some magic doesn't work on her, yet she has saved members of all these groups on some level or another. Other than being smart and having connections and friendships, is it because she's lucky and strong willed? Or is there a lot more to Mercy and her untapped potential we have yet to see?

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2014, 09:21:16 pm »
Oh, I know why Mercy did it.
But I want to know what Asil thought of it. 

Anyway, there's a lot to be said for being lucky, strong-willed, clever, and having the right friends.