Author Topic: [Mercy #7] Frost Burned Discussion **Spoilers**  (Read 66630 times)

marci8300

• Tinker
Re: [Mercy #7] Frost Burned Discussion **Spoilers**
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 06:29:49 am »
Kyria, I think that Sam is able to live in a condo because he is used to it.  He really isn't like your average werewolf really.  He works in the Emergency Room and not many werewolves can be in a busy ER without losing it.  I also think that Aria it to Aria's comfort too, as someone pointed out. 

Bean, the information guy was the vampire, Frost.  It was all a ploy to take the vampire seethe once again.  He just found the unhappy Cantrip agents and gave them the information to kill/capture the werewolves.  We also know that the mercenaries that were hired know about this drug too.  Wonder how many others have figured it out? 

Marsilia really owes Mercy and Adam BIG TIME!  She has used them a second time to help her stop an invasion of her Seethe.  I am also really worried about Stephan.  I also didn't realize that he left the Seethe completely.  I thought he was going back?  Why in the world didn't he tell Mercy what was going on?  It is all very confusing. 

Bean

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 09:39:13 am »
Frost was the money guy. I thought there was a different info guy who would know about the drug and about each and every member of the pack, including the ones who weren't out. I don't think Frost would have access to that kind of information.

Stefan's situation is concerning. I guess vampires don't need a seethe the way a werewolf needs a pack, but he doesn't seem like the type to want to be isolated. And being away from the seethe seems to be making him more vampire-like. At least he's physically healthy now, which is good.

jacalynsue

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 12:33:39 pm »
I definitely loved the book. Now that I have read it once, I want to go back and digest it more slowly.

A couple of lingering things....

Why is Mercy even thinking about giving up the garage? It's mentioned near the beginning and the end, but no reason for her mulling it over is ever given.

Why didn't Mercy help Peter talk to Honey one last time? I can only hope it happened off stage, but I didn't get the feeling that it did. And that would have been so helpful to Honey, not to mention a great way for Mercy to help mitigate Honey's current ill feelings towards her. 

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
Re: Frost Burned in March
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 03:03:12 pm »
It is a good world to visit. :)

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
Re: Re: Frost Burned in March
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 03:04:16 pm »
Yes.

How about Wulfe scaring the scary sword. That made me laugh a bit.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 03:06:53 pm »
That was a good scene. I also liked the one where Asil and Zee admitted they knew each other.

Varg

• Pack Member
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 03:17:34 pm »
Yes. Just proves the world is not as big as we think.

Also liked the scene when they get to Kyles house and Maia tells of being in a car with a  dead body.

-Leo Tolstoy

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 03:18:02 pm »
 :D That was cool! LOL

Varg

• Pack Member
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 03:20:19 pm »
Yep. The Sandovals are great! LOL

-Leo Tolstoy

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 03:25:38 pm »
Glad the feud is over.

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2013, 03:47:25 pm »
I had Frost as the money guy, too, and looking back I don't recall who supplied the intel. :-[
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

mimi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2013, 04:06:05 pm »
Wow!  What a great way to spend the better part of a (non snow) snow-day!  Warm coffee, a fire in the fireplace and Patti's latest book.  Does it get any sweeter?  No!!

Lots of questions got answered, but now we have a whole slew of new ones.  Like, where the bleep was Samuel?  Just how powerful is Tad?  What, if anything, is going to happen to Wulfe?  Will Mercy give up the garage?  (Given that she's been spending so much of her time dealing with the chaos that her life has become, she really doesn't have much time to spend in the garage - I think that's the reason she's considering it.  It's been alluded to in the past.)  And, what about the baby-making?!

Anyway, many thanks again, Patti!! :-*

Bean

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2013, 04:28:48 pm »
I had Frost as the money guy, too, and looking back I don't recall who supplied the intel. :-[

I'm already rereading it.  LOL  I'm going to be on the look-out for that info. As I recall there were three culprits: money guy, info guy, and action guy. I don't think those were the actual terms used, but it's what I can remember. Anyway, the money guy was Frost, the action guy was Jones and his Cantrip group and the info guy ... IIRC they had some suspicions but they didn't say who it was.

So, yeah, I'm going to be looking for that while I'm rereading.  8)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 04:37:20 pm »
There was some talk of info guy being supplied by Gerry the werewolf killed in Moon Callled because he had all the pack info when keeping track of the lone wolves. I think info guy is still around but no source for him/her for newer info.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2013, 04:42:04 pm »
The info guy might pop up later. I suppose he might have slipped their minds what with so much else going on.

Just finished reading it myself, and I have to say, I really enjoyed this one, but not as much as RM. Maybe another read through might help though.