Author Topic: [Mercy #7] Frost Burned Discussion **Spoilers**  (Read 68229 times)

midnight

• Tinker
[Mercy #7] Frost Burned Discussion **Spoilers**
« on: February 18, 2013, 01:50:09 am »
Edited to Add: Here be spoilers. Release date and beyond no need for spoiler bars. Elle

Just out of curiosity, Mike mentioned on the front page that reviews had already started to come in.  :D As I'm one of these people who are desperately impatient for march, I was wondering if anyone had found any. I've had a look but couldn't find any.

:D :-whistle I know I'm sad but the whole part of having Adam's point of view is driving me crazy. It just can't come fast enough.  bOuNcY

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:36:42 am by Elle »

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
Re: Early reviews
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 04:50:21 am »
I found a couple reviews on Goodreads and, of course, it sounds like it is a great book!  A little over a month till we get it bOuNcY
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:56:24 am by catchmeifyoucan »

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:31:34 am »
http://fangswandsandfairydust.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/Frost-Burned.html?zx=7935873b2052d682

Not certain if she got an ARC or is doing a review on the posted chapters.  No real spoilers in my opinion.

[Edited to Add]: This review has spoilers in it. Elle
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 02:19:01 pm by Elle »

Baum Diggity

• Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 11:49:11 am »
I dunno...that last bit of the review may cause you to foam at the mouth with speculation.

In summary for those not wanting to speculate further: The book is amazing. Read it in a few weeks and scream with joy/rage/emotional unbalance.
Zoologist. Artist. Athlete.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 05:25:51 pm »
I posted a review (I received a copy from the publisher). No spoilers - http://beasbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/02/review-of-frost-burned-by-patricia.html
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 03:45:18 am »
Charmed, I enjoyed your review, and loved your pointing out that Mercy's initials are now MATH! Coyote, indeed. Those are her initials, and for her the logic of math just doesn't add up.
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: [Mercy #7] Frost Burned Discussion **Spoilers**
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 02:18:14 pm »
Because of the early reviews coming in I've started this thread earlier than usual. This isn't a speculation thread this is the spoiler thread and because of that and the fact that the book isn't released until March 5th all spoiler talk here will be spoiler-barred please.

We'll keep the bars on any spoilers brought in from reviews only until the release date of the book. After that they'll be removed for ease of discussion.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:41:06 pm by Elle »
Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 10:36:28 am »
The 'getting the gunk out of the pack' bits were really interesting, IMO.  I'm really agog to learn what ticked Tad off, now.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Wildfire

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 06:07:54 am »
Finished it the other night and I think it's one of the best Mercy books. Loved seeing things from Adams POV especially. Beautifully written, full of action and very emotional. Only very, very slight negative for me was one of the regular characters wasnt in the book at all but to be honest the reason for it was fair it was just me missing hearing from them! I don't want to put major spoilers on until the book is released properly but it's fair to say its not a disappointment and worth the wait!

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 10:22:08 am »
I loved this book. I think it's fair to say that it might well be my favourite so far. Lots of twists, fantastic characters, amazing pace of telling the story. Just brilliant.

marci8300

• Tinker
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 04:42:10 pm »
Man, now I really can't wait for this book to come out!  I am hearing some really wonderful things and the time just can't come fast enough!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 02:27:40 pm »
We had some treats for our Frost Burned speculation chat - with permission we got some additional quotes to tease you all with the wait for Frost Burned coming out this Tuesday!

“Who are you?” I asked the werewolf, again.
He smiled again, though his eyes were cool. “Asil, Ms. Hauptman. You might also know me as the Moor, though I find the title overly dramatic and wouldn’t have mentioned it, but that you would find it, perhaps, a little more recognizable.”
I gripped Kyle’s arm a little more tightly. I knew who the Moor was. The Moor was a scary, scary wolf who I’d thought was merely a story, like the Beast of Gevaudan.

Jesse, with the littlest Sandoval on her hip and her hair mussed and damped, waded through the crowd and kissed her dad on the cheek. She rested against him for a moment. “Welcome home, Dad.”
He hugged her hard, then relaxed his hold to ruffle Maia’s hair.
Maia said, “I rode in a car with a dead body.”
Adam gave me a laughing glance. “I guess we might as well tell everyone the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”
“It’s a secret,” Maia explained.
“He ruffled her hair again. “Yes. But not a secret from your mom. You shouldn’t keep those.”
“I tell Mama everything.”
“Good for you.”

“I promise I won’t spank you,” he told me, his voice rough and low as he added, “not unless you ask me to.”
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:34:00 am by Elle »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 04:25:15 am »
We had some treats for our Frost Burned speculation chat - with permission we got some additional quotes to tease you all with the wait for Frost Burned coming out this Tuesday!

“Who are you?” I asked the werewolf, again.
He smiled again, though his eyes were cool. “Asil, Ms. Hauptman. You might also know me as the Moor, though I find the title overly dramatic and wouldn’t have mentioned it, but that you would find it, perhaps, a little more recognizable.”
I gripped Kyle’s arm a little more tightly. I knew who the Moor was. The Moor was a scary, scary wolf who I’d thought was merely a story, like the Beast of Gevaudan.

Jesse, with the littlest Sandoval on her hip and her hair mussed and damped, waded through the crowd and kissed her dad on the cheek. She rested against him for a moment. “Welcome home, Dad.”
He hugged her hard, then relaxed his hold to ruffle Maia’s hair.
Maia said, “I rode in a car with a dead body.”
Adam gave me a laughing glance. “I guess we might as well tell everyone the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”
“It’s a secret,” Maia explained.
“He ruffled her hair again. “Yes. But not a secret from your mom. You shouldn’t keep those.”
“I tell Mama everything.”
“Good for you.”

“I promise I won’t spank you,” he told me, his voice rough and low as he added, “not unless you ask me to.”

Love the quotes and so glad that Asil is in this book.  He is definitely one of my favorites.  Just a couple more days to go!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:34:13 am by Elle »

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 06:35:04 am »
What? No late night reading binges?  >D
Hurog Means Dragon.

marci8300

• Tinker
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 06:52:05 am »
IT'S HERE!  IT'S HERE!   bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY

Ok.  Going to start reading.  Perfect day too!  We got a bunch of snow last night so everything is closed.  Tons and tons of snow and it's still coming down.