Author Topic: [A&O #3] Fair Game Discussion  (Read 95325 times)

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
Re: SPOILERS Discussion of Fair Game after publication!
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2012, 02:38:24 pm »
Where oh where did my post go?  Darn you, Intertube Hedgehogs. 
Patti, I think we're still discussing implications for Charles and Bran, rather than talking about what Adam and Mercy might get up to.  So I think it still belongs here. 

OK you have good points.  Especially with the airplane.  But my point with saying that "just because Charles's dad lives in Montana, doesn't mean Charles does" is that whoever is calling from Montana, that doesn't give them any new information.

AlphaCon
Now I have a picture of Bran and his Alphas and all of their seconds and thirds... running/attending a Con.   Oh, the possibilities.  We may have to start a silly thread of "If the annual Alpha Meeting were to be held as a Con..."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:04:26 pm by Elle »

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2012, 02:40:30 pm »
AlphaCon
Now I have a picture of Bran and his Alphas and all of their seconds and thirds... running/attending a Con.   Oh, the possibilities.  We may have to start a silly thread of "If the annual Alpha Meeting were to be held as a Con..."

What would the T-shirts say?

I survived AlphaCon I?

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2012, 02:46:44 pm »
Yes, I think we need a new thread so we don't derail this one.  I'll put it in Chat; Mods, feel free to move it if you think it doesn't go there. 

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2012, 03:48:16 pm »
I've got it... and Anna's a fan of Stan Rogers!
I'm flipping out! :D bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2012, 04:25:40 pm »
I just thought of something! 

I figured that the Fae dad (I'm on my phone and can't remember his name  :-[ ) made the decision to kill Heuter on his own  because it happened so quickly after the verdict but now that I think about it he probably went underhill where time is different. He could have met with people for months (theoretically) and debated about his response.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:04:42 pm by Elle »

Prince of Pain

• Mechanic
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2012, 04:30:10 pm »
I just thought of something! 

I figured that the Fae dad (I'm on my phone and can't remember his name  :-[ ) made the decision to kill Heuter on his own  because it happened so quickly after the verdict but now that I think about it he probably went underhill where time is different. He could have met with people for months (theoretically) and debated about his response.

Pretty much where I was coming from Avarel.

have a good one!

P.O.P.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:04:55 pm by Elle »
Q: What do you do when your friends turn on you and hand you over to the Vampires?
A: Get yourself turned into a werewolf and go back to rip their freaking heads off.

Come Check out my Blog and read my stuff at:
http://www.blog.admiralwho.com
Admiral Who? now available on amazon!!

marci8300

• Tinker
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2012, 06:30:39 pm »
I actually think that this might have been part of the Grey Lords plans.  Public opinion hasn't changed much regarding the fey.  I think that the fey are old enough and have a lot of experience to realize that they wouldn't be accepted by the human population.  We've heard about the plans that the Grey Lords have.  The first one was trying to get Underhill reestablished.  They have accomplished that.  The next step could be what happened at the end of the book.....declairing themselves their own nation.  I believe that they have safeguards up and have been planning to do this for some time and this just gives them a very good excuse to do so.  The fae will protect Underhill since they learned their lesson about losing power.  Now that they have moved all the fae to the reservations, they will more than likely gain more power since it will be centralized in the reservations...especially if they have called all the fae that were still in hiding. These don't do any good here...

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:05:40 pm by Elle »

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2012, 07:17:33 pm »
Avarel:
Hmmm.  That's a very astute observation.  ;)  Just imagine the benefits of being able to effectively call a "Time Out" in war, and have ten or twenty times more hours to plan than the other guys.   In Frost Burned a flight of bombers secretly aiming for a Fae reservation did a disappearing act and showed up over the middle of Australia. Those nasty, clever, scheming little Fae!  O)

P.S.  with all the spoiler tags, this area reads like a Government report on a UFO sighting.  Or should I have put that in spoiler tags, as well.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:06:08 pm by Elle »
Where's my super-suit?

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2012, 07:29:20 pm »
Mr Mike, you are a sneaky hint thrower!  :D Thank you! And you are right about the spoiler bars, have you ever see a letter from a soldier on active duty where you are not supposed to know where they are? My Aunt got a couple that ended up with Hi Mom, I Love You, Drew. The rest was blacked out!  9)

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2012, 07:34:37 pm »
Wonder if the Judge and Prosecuter will turn up dead because they're Oathbreakers!

Just carpet bomb the areas!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:06:32 pm by Elle »
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2012, 07:39:46 pm »
Mr. Mike, you rock!

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2012, 08:42:08 pm »
Thank you Mike!  LOL

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2012, 08:46:56 pm »
Avarel:
Hmmm.  That's a very astute observation.  ;)  Just imagine the benefits of being able to effectively call a "Time Out" in war, and have ten or twenty times more hours to plan than the other guys.  In Frost Burned a flight of bombers secretly aiming for a Fae reservation did a disappearing act and showed up over the middle of Australia.  Those nasty, clever, scheming little Fae!  O)

P.S.  with all the spoiler tags, this area reads like a Government report on a UFO sighting.  Or should I have put that in spoiler tags, as well.

Not to mention training the troops, growing food, building weapons, and ammo, and maneuver, and arrange alliances!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:07:05 pm by Elle »
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

ppbwashu

• Tinker
  • God, thank you for moving me to wine country!
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2012, 09:12:24 pm »
Wow, oh wow.  Patty is awesome, and Fair Game is the best yet! :-LOVE
Find what you love and do it!

Temari

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • The cup is half full.
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2012, 04:40:47 am »
I hadn't thought about the Time Out aspect. I re-read the end and it made me wonder again - he describes himself as "Prince of the Grey Lords" and says "All will follow me" (or something similar, I may not have remembered the exact words). So I do wonder if he is the highest rank of all? Or if others, how many Princes - if he just had to convince 1 or 2 Princes instead of all the Grey Lords, that would be easier.

The Time Out also explains how he managed to get to the court room with all his followers and the horses in such a short time - even if he'd stormed off right away, even as fae, it'd surely have taken time to get everyone moving in the right direction. Unless he thought he knew what the verdict would be anyway and was just waiting for the news before acting.

I have to say I found what he did very satisfying and was cheering him on all the way. It's great to see people who thought they were getting away with injustice have the tables utterly turned on them. How many humans are now whining, "But we didn't know...."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:07:21 pm by Elle »