Author Topic: [A&O #3] Fair Game Discussion  (Read 99170 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: SPOILERS Discussion of Fair Game after publication!
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2012, 03:44:23 pm »
I am very much relieved to point out that FINALLY the "can't the she-werewolf stay wolf and bear her child/children in that shape" question is definitively answered:   NO  NO NO NO SHE CAN NOT. 
Maybe we can get some of the speculation on it to stop being posted now.

I'm fairly sick of that particular question.  :P
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:55:30 pm by Elle »
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2012, 04:02:05 pm »
I just thought of something What is this going to do to Sam and Ariana?

I wonder that as well. I was thinking they might stay together with her pretending to be human (or were).  Afer all the Fae seem to recognize that Bran's family has helped them so I would think they would raise to much of a fuss about that.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:55:52 pm by Elle »

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2012, 05:16:19 pm »
I am very much relieved to point out that FINALLY the "can't the she-werewolf stay wolf and bear her child/children in that shape" question is definitively answered:   NO  NO NO NO SHE CAN NOT. 

I'm fairly sick of that particular question.  :P

Some of it, probably, but some will likely show up. Part of me is tired of the question, the other half enjoys playing with the idea. I'm pretty sure my subconscious has a split personality.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:56:06 pm by Elle »
WAKE THE SANTAMIND. -Eric James Stone

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2012, 05:51:22 pm »

Since Anna wasn't convinced that would be true in her case, I wouldn't be surprised if it keeps coming up. At least in Anna's case.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:56:23 pm by Elle »

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2012, 07:09:08 pm »
I was glad to see that, too.  Though I agree with Zealith, Anna still considers the matter to not be entirely closed.  So the matter will still come up in debate with regards to her.
Also, isn't the answer technically "yes, she can... but it is very, very, very, very bad.  Mom will completely lose it, and if she makes it to having the baby... baby isn't going to survive the experience."?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:56:41 pm by Elle »

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2012, 07:59:48 pm »
Just finished reading it. It was good all along. Loved it.
Then bang.
5 pages from the end the world gets turned upside down.
My head is still spinning.

I think that the Fae have declared their willingness to declare war rather than declaring war.  ( if that makes sense)

I find it really interesting that the Fae both apologized and thanked Bran. I know that thanking someone implies a debt. What does apologizing mean?

I think that the Fae feel that they owe Bran (and he wolves). How much do they figure that they owe him?
It also shows that the Fae respect him since they are opening negotiations. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:57:03 pm by Elle »

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2012, 10:07:53 pm »
I was glad to see that, too.  Though I agree with Zealith, Anna still considers the matter to not be entirely closed.  So the matter will still come up in debate with regards to her.
Also, isn't the answer technically "yes, she can... but it is very, very, very, very bad.  Mom will completely lose it, and if she makes it to having the baby... baby isn't going to survive the experience."?

Patty said tonight that Anna may decide she wants children, and she has a way of getting what she wants, but having been on the receiving end of the little homily we were told of her, I am quite sure that neither she nor Charles are going to risk her this way.  Or the putative baby.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:57:30 pm by Elle »

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2012, 03:21:17 am »
Just finished reading it. It was good all along. Loved it.
Then bang.
5 pages from the end the world gets turned upside down.
My head is still spinning.

I think that the Fae have declared their willingness to declare war rather than declaring war.  ( if that makes sense)

I find it really interesting that the Fae both apologized and thanked Bran. I know that thanking someone implies a debt. What does apologizing mean?

I think that the Fae feel that they owe Bran (and he wolves). How much do they figure that they owe him?
It also shows that the Fae respect him since they are opening negotiations. 

I like the way you worded that Avarel it is their willingness to declare war that is announced:) which is very different from actually declaring war.Also in regards to apoligizing to Bran, some of it is quite obvious imo, he is in the middle of a very tricky situation for the werewolves what with the endangered species act and othe legal shenanigans happening. The fae taking their reservations and "leaving2 to declare themselves a separate nation, will probably not help the werewolves and might actually make it more difficult to navigate the situation
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:58:17 pm by Elle »

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

marci8300

• Tinker
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2012, 01:40:26 pm »
Finished the book yesterday.  Man, I loved it.  It was great.  I can't remember how to do the spoiler bars, so I will leave it at that!

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2012, 02:30:11 pm »
I am very confused about Leah.  We know that in Cry Wolf (I think it was), it is mentioned that Bran married Leah because he knew, in part, that she was so stupid that he would never love her.  But in Fair Game, he has given her part of the pack finances to maintain.  You wouldn't give the financial wellbeing of your pack to someone you considered too stupid to car about, would you?  So do you think that Bran is seeing a smarter side of Leah or is she just stupid emotionally and interpersonally but sharp in an accounting/investing perspective?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:58:32 pm by Elle »

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2012, 02:44:26 pm »
I totally agree and that part really stood out to me. I definitely think this is going to lead to huge trouble. I think Bran is having so much on his plate with upcoming legislation and now the repercussion of the fae complicating things and the worry with Charles and Sam's instability over the last year and plus Mercy's problems - I think he just lost track and focus  but probably thought he could handle it. But I think its a huge mistake - also he appeared really on edge in the opening chapters of Fair Game and its going to come back and bite him. I don't think Leah can be trusted and the fact she tried to flirt and probably try to manipulate Asil is not a good thing.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:58:44 pm by Elle »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2012, 02:49:01 pm »
People can be very smart in some ways, and almost blindly stupid in others. I've known people who have one or more college degrees, but are incredibly stupid when it comes to dealing with people, or even just everyday common sense stuff.
And now that Charles seems to be sorting his problems out, and Bran's admitted to himself that Charles had a problem, he may start doing  the finance stuff again. Bran took the finance stuff away from him because he knew Charles was in trouble, even if he wasn't paying attention. That said, Bran probably is very distracted.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:58:55 pm by Elle »
WAKE THE SANTAMIND. -Eric James Stone

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2012, 04:04:45 pm »
  <snip> Quick reminder, the button is found above the smileys toward the right end, or can be manually entered by typing - with square brackets [] the following before the revelation, and after it.

So... New Fae nations within the US borders!  Are the fae elsewhere doing the same?  How about Europe and Canada?  What about Zee, or Ari & Samuel?
There you go, Catchme, how to use spoiler bars.

Regarding Leah's intelligence or lack, 2 things.  Rainman/savants in general, and the oft-quoted (especially by me) Chinese saying:  So educated he could name a horse in seven languages, so ignorant he bought a cow to ride.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:59:32 pm by Elle »

marci8300

• Tinker
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2012, 04:22:11 pm »
Thanks for the reminder Patti.  I do agree that giving control of the pack finances is a bad idea on Bran's part.  I remember Patty making a comment on how Bran does care about Leah and he doesn't realize how much.  Wonder if that will come into play and we realize how much Leah actually means to Bran.  I think all it will take is for Bran and Leah to realize it to make Leah a better person.  Hopefully, we don't lose Bran in the process.
I also hope and pray that with the fae ready to go to war with the U.S. and declaring themselves a seperate nation, that it doesn't drag the werewolves into the problems.  But I can see that happening if the bill passes and pisses Bran off enough.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:59:56 pm by Elle »

YuleRule

• Tinker
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2012, 04:32:01 pm »
I've just finished reading the book. I really, really liked it.

Since I read the book in two sittings, and stopped somewhere in the middle yesterday, I suspected that Heuter was the/one of the killer(s), by his attitude whenever he met with Anna, yet on the other hand I thougt that was really obvious.

I think the fae are showing that they don't want to interact with humans, but they're not shutting off contact with the rest of the outside world, and will continue interacting with the supernatural community, So I don't think the move threatens the relationship between Sam and Ariana.

To me, when reading the end, it seemed that Beauclaire's decision was basically unilateral. Once Heuter was declared innocent, it seems that Beauclaire left simply to make a grand entrance. And related to that, I had a thought: the fae wear their glamours to blend in with humans, and to seem not dangerous. If they wanted to freak people out, I am sure that plenty would have pretty intimidating forms.

Remind me please, who are the most dominant wolves? Bran, then Samuel, I guess (as his suicidal problems have been solved for now) then there's Charles, then somebody then Adam? And Asil has to be pretty high up on that list, as well. 

So what did the werewolves/fae let slip or let the humans learn? Both the existence of the Gray Lords  as well as that of the Marrok (a higher power than the Alphas) was mentioned. The fact that werewolves can be very old. Was the fact that the fae long-lived/immortal already known? A big vunerability: that the transformation is painful, and slow.It seems that both Leslie and Goldstein are pretty discreet, but still...how much of that information will filter out?
Did I miss anything?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:00:27 pm by Elle »
Please Check These Out!