Author Topic: [Mercy #1] Moon Called Discussion  (Read 54935 times)

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
Re: Moon Called Discussion
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 11:56:26 pm »
I never thought Mercy that stupid, (to take ity up with a married man) and Adam is too good to cheat. So it makes sense that Adam would keep an eye on her as to protect her from the pack, but wouldn't take it any further....

My guess is that one of Adam's wolves, (Paul could be a candidate ;D) didn't like a coyote in his region and maybe the 'magic' of the pack made Adam aware of the threat, if we consider his ex-wife's 'jealousy' that he had feelings for Mercy... Well we all know that if someone says that this guy likes you, or that yeah, you must like that guy... your sub-concious (or even your concious mind) makes you react as if that was a fact, in either way.

As for Samuel, he has to feel something for Mercy, not love in the "Die for you" way, but lust is something they both feel.... "If I were human the heat between us would be enough" he said, so it's the wolf in him that made the crucial decision of backing down... If it was only his human part he wouldn't leave Mercy to Adam.... Two - Natures make things too complicated.... :D

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 11:50:17 am »
I wonder if the "incident" that made Adam claim Mercy will show up in the graphic novels coming out? I know I did read somewhere that the first grahic novel is about Mercy's arrival in Tri-Cities.
  And Sam's arrival did force Mercy to make a decision. She loved them both too much to just string them along until they fought it out. She is also not that kind of girl. I do like that idea about Bran planning this though, both Mercy and Sam needed to move on, and they could not do that until they talked it out and figured out exactly what they felt about each other. Bran would have hated to see them afraid of relationships for the rest of their lives, and Mercy driving Adam all the way to Montana would have proved to Bran that she has matured enough to be able to face Sam and not just follow him around like a puppy. (Pun intended :D)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 12:42:45 pm »
I think the prequel comic will be set when Mercy just arrives in the Tri-Cities- unless the timeline jumps ahead to the time when Adam proclaims Mercy as his mate.

I think something that Honey says in IK - also makes it sound that other wolves were interested in claiming Mercy as a mate as well so that is another factor about Adam claiming Mercy to protect her from the pack.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 12:48:26 pm »
Hmmm. That's true, I had forgotten about that part :).
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

drosdelnoch

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 02:34:45 am »
I do, although I ghost more than I write.  LOL

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2008, 08:04:24 am »
I do, although I ghost more than I write.  LOL

The Lord Protector needs a visible presence sir. Besides, you know how DoH feels about lurkers. :D
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Sirikith

• Tool Wrangler
Mercys "Happiness is..."T-Shirt
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2008, 03:51:34 am »
I think it was in Moon Called.
Mercy wears that t-shirt Stefan gave her, saying Happiness is German engineering, .... and Belgian chocolate. Can´t remember the second part of it, and gave my book away. Could anybody perhaps do me the favor of looking that saying up, ´cause I´d like to use that as my signature?
Would be very kind of you.
Happiness is German engineering, Italian cooking and Belgian chocolate.

raion

• Grease Monkey
  • Everybody laughs in the same language ; )
Re: Mercys "Happiness is..."T-Shirt
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2008, 10:20:06 am »
Okay, I looked it up for you the T-shirt says "Happiness is German engineering, Italian cooking, and Belgian chocolate"   ;)

Sirikith

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2008, 04:10:46 pm »
thank you. but that saying seems quite popular, google found it, too....should have thought about that option earlier.
Happiness is German engineering, Italian cooking and Belgian chocolate.

Taranis

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2008, 10:49:03 am »
I can see it now...a whole new line of clothing based on what Mercy wore in the books!  Teehe...hey, it could work... ;)

BadWolf

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2008, 04:48:35 am »
I saw a review for the first three books in a magazine I like which was fairly decent, and I was going on holiday for a few weeks, so I thought, hey why not? and got Moon Called.

Really liked it, thought the characters were interestingly defined and I have an interest in werewolf stories (I think they are waaay underrepresented) so it was perfect for a nice summer read.

Not a fan of the vampires though, so I'm just gonna have to grit my teeth and read Blood Bound to get the benefit of the character goodness.
Heroes are made when you make a choice.

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 10:54:54 pm »
I can't really remember how I decided to order Moon Called and Blood Bound (I just checked though and I had to 'harass' relatives in Sweden since UK amazon wouldn't send either here.) Blood bound was sent by my relatives earlier than moon called and I got hooked... after that the story is known....

Though I guess my 1st impression was of Blood Bound not Moon Called and I loved the characters and story....

Shadowdaughter

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 12:55:31 am »
Moon Called and Blood Bound were in my Amazon recomendations list and after reading the summary, I just ordered them.  8) I have not been dissapointed.   

Now September has come and I'm  allowed to buy new books again, so part three will be bought today. ;D

Mercy feels lilke she could be someone you meet at the grocery store, or in the DMV line or something, not distant like most 'real world' paranormal fiction characters.

Exactly that was the reason, why I liked to books. Not some invincible hero, but an almost "normal" person, very likable.

mdauben

• Tinker
  • Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 04:40:46 am »
I just finished re-reading Moon Called last night and was reminded of what a great book that was.  Well writen, exciting story that even the second time around remains a page-turner!   ;D

Mercy feels lilke she could be someone you meet at the grocery store, or in the DMV line or something, not distant like most 'real world' paranormal fiction characters.

That's definetly one of the things I like about her character.  She gets by on smarts and determination, rather than just having some über-powers that trump whatever dire situation she finds herself in.  Plus she is just so darn likable, the sort of person you would like to call a friend in real life.  :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:43:06 am by mdauben »
Mike

"To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful."

swinters

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2008, 06:58:04 pm »
I was just thumbing through books at Borders, looking for something interesting, when I saw the cover of Moon Called. Now I know it's ironic, "don't judge a book by it's cover", but this cover got me hooked before I read anything. It's still one of my favorite illustrations. And I'm an Illustration major in college!
After about 5 pages I couldn't put it down! The story and the characters sucked me right in :D this book is awesome!