Author Topic: [Mercy #1] Moon Called Discussion  (Read 54238 times)

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
Re: Moon Called Discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 03:22:27 pm »
ohhh so could that have spurred adam's competitive side also to try to win mercy in the first place ;) ha ha

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Firewire

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 03:40:10 pm »
Interesting....(*ponders a bit*)

Sam does almost drive Mercy to Adam and vice versa. If you think about it Mercy really doesn't listen and tends to do the opposite of what people say and Adam needed a little guy push to stir up some emotion or at least make those emotions stronger. Makes you wonder if it was planned by someone (uhum Bran), but hey it could all be nonsense speculation on my part.

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 10:48:03 pm »
I like that idea ;D
It kinda makes you think a lot more about Bran and what he can do...which in my case just makes me go in circles LOL

Firewire

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 08:49:58 am »
I couldn't imagine Mercy's reaction if she found out.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 08:09:08 am »
it'd be big whatever her reaction would be

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Firewire

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 09:20:23 pm »
I beleive that to be an understatement.

Mominator

• Radix lecti
  • Global Moderator
  • Grease Monkey
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 10:06:34 pm »
My reason for picking up Moon Called was that my friend Sparky threatened me!  Actually, she gave me a copy and I got hooked.  She had been talking around the book for a while (one of Patty's first readers), and I got to see the cover when it was finalized.  THAT was a thrill.

Amber

• Tool Wrangler
    • Amber's Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 09:18:20 am »
I went to Radcon (my first Radcon) this past month and saw Patty Briggs there during opening ceremonies. They briefly introduced her to the audience and mentioned she’d written some bestsellers and used to live in the Tri-Cities.

I thought two things:

1.) Cool! I’ll have to check out her stuff.
2.) She seems familiar… I think I was her mail lady a long time ago. Lol!

Anyway, I bought Moon Called and was surprised it took place in the Tri-Cities. The characters were interesting, the book was fast paced and I was hooked. I read all three books in less than a week and half.
web design would be fun if it wasn’t for the clients

opramum

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008, 11:27:50 am »
My reason for picking up Moon Called was that my friend Sparky threatened me!  Actually, she gave me a copy and I got hooked.  She had been talking around the book for a while (one of Patty's first readers), and I got to see the cover when it was finalized.  THAT was a thrill.

Sparky got me hooked too, although I read the Hurog books first.  I love that I hear Patty's voice in her characters, and I love the fact that this is my town, and I know where everything is. Sometimes as I am driving I think, "Oh yeah, this is where ..... happened."
Esteemed member of the SOOGA

drosdelnoch

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 10:30:07 am »
To be honest Ive held off reading them until the books were released by Orbit in the UK.  Whilst Im not a fan of the covers I have definitely enjoyed the first novel Moon Called.  As a bright side I wont have to wait years for future novels just a month or so.  LOL  So will join in the other threads when I catch up.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2008, 10:48:54 am »
Well, if you don't want spoilers, yes, stay out of the "PBBooks" threads, but hang out everywhere else & chat with us, please.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 07:04:28 am »
Sorry but I am a bit lost...

Sam apologized for provoking Adam but at the same time made sure Adam knew he still wanted Mercy?
And that since Mercy was with him when she was 16... it wouldn't be too difficult for Sam to win her back...
I guess that makes sense, in a male werewolf (or even human) way.

But were does Bran come in this? After all when Adam decided to stay close to Mercy he was married, even if Bran had told him to keep an eye on her I don't think he was thinking about claiming her back then. Unless of course if Bran is alot more Psychic than I think he is (and I know he is!!!!) and could see the future of Adam with Mercy...

But in IK Adam said that Sam was always in the competition for Mercy's heart, "at least now I'm competing with the man" or something like that ( ???) Ugh! i would just love to be close to even one of Adam's and Sam's conversations..... even if it was only in IK when Saqm goes to tell Adam what Mercy was up to and that he was no more competing.... Now that would be fan to read.....

But to stay on topic (as much as possible!) how did Sam make it possible for Adam and Mercy to get this close? Sure, by making himself a competitor was enough for Adam... But Mercy? Unless.... well if she was sub-conciously thinking about how she and Sam would be able to work out in a relationship..... It could have the same effect... Oh... I don't know my brain just stopped working on this subject.... :-\

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 09:55:48 am »
I think Patty answered that somewhere - on the boards I think.
From what I remembered Sam may have apologized about antagonizing Adam especially when he was hurt and short tempered from the pain which will affect his control. They probably reached an agreement about not doing anything that might start a fight. Although I would love to read that scene!

From Adam's perspective regarding his feelings about Mercy- dont forget he was married when he moved to the Tri-Cities - it wasnt until a short while before Moon Called that Adam proclaimed Mercy as his mate due to an incident which Patty hinted but hasn't said what it was :)

I think like Mercy said in IK - Sam was not IN love with her - he would have been more persistant in his courting. He was always the one the backed down when things got heated between them - and it was the other way round with Adam and Mercy they always got interrupted. There would also have been a fight between him and Adam. Especially since Sam is more dominant than Adam in that respect. I think subconsciously Sam knew he didnt have a chance with Mercy especially since he saw that she was different to the girl that he knew and also her feelings for Adam.

I do agree about your points with Bran though- I do think he saw something about Adam and Mercy  :)
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Temari

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 11:11:59 am »
Ooh, I hadn't thought it through that since he was married at the time, Adam hadn't called Mercy his mate as soon as his pack had arrived there. Now I'm really curious as to why he felt he needed to later on. Might be question for Patty time...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 11:32:15 am »
I think in the last chat or was it the previous one - cant remember but Patty said that Adam was didnt have feelings for Mercy while he was married to his ex. But his ex kept fighting with him that he had feelings for Mercy.
- I found the chat transcript :) explains it better

7:56 Patty However, as things in his marriage started "going South", he liked her a little too much. He backed away. You can't hide things like emotions from werewolves.
7:56 Erin Ooo, just found the smiley box
7:56 Patty Adam is an honorable person, though. He certainly didn't love her at that point.
7:56 Mellie The smiley box is made of happy
7:57 PattiL joins Main
7:57 Patty It was just one of those "danger zones" and he stayed back. I don't know how much his wife knew -- but I do know what she suspected at the end. Which was wrong. However -- have you ever noticed how if someone keeps thinking you "like" someone.
7:58 Mellie What are some of the effects of being claimed as a mate? I remember there was some mention of there actually being more than just a statement about it.
7:58 priss Mellie---i dont know...that 7th smile looks kind of stoned...but in a way thats kind of happy
7:58 Patty Eventually you take a good long look at that someone and think , , , yeah maybe.l
7:58 Mellie The little smiley with the hearts makes me happy XD
7:58 Has Adam's ex is going to feel even more bitter and vindicated that she was right about her suspicions when she finds out that they are mated now though
7:58 Patty Absolutely Has.
7:58 Erin LOL - Like the "Something to Talk About" song. That answers that question. Cheating just didn't seem to fit Adam.
7:59 Patty Coolness. The Author settles back for some really awesome fireworks <grin>.
7:59 priss cheating really doesnt fit adam...he's too good of a guy
7:59 glow1nthedark I don't Mercy would of started things up with him while he was married anyway
7:59 Patty No. Adam would never cheat.
7:59 Patty And no. Taking it up with a married man is just . . .too stupid for words.
8:00 Has And his wife from the sounds of things wasnt happy about living with the pack despite what she knew
8:00 Patty A man who will cheat on his wife, will cheat in everything else too.
8:00 Patty And Mercy is Not stupid.

Hope this helps :)
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D