Author Topic: [Mercy #1] Moon Called Discussion  (Read 56586 times)

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
Re: Moon Called Discussion
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2010, 03:56:59 pm »
Gee, let's call him and have him meet us at the Monaco!  :-whistle ;D >D

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2010, 06:06:23 pm »
CK, Isn't that free PC Kindle app great? I downloaded that over the summer & then they all transferred to my Kindle when I got it. Has, I'm with you, I have no time for a reread. With reviews, work, & the holidays, I'm flat out. But, Elle, you have mentioned my fave parts. I will enjoy your reread. :P
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2010, 06:24:01 pm »
I'm footloose and fancy free so I live to serve.  LOL

CK and I will gush over the wonderfulness that is Adam and all you Mercy/Sam and Mercy/Stefan shippers out there will have to read along unless you want to join in and voice your opposing options!  ;D Heheh.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2010, 07:12:38 pm »
This is bringing back memories about the shipperdom :D - Remember the discussions? LOL

Although I have to admit - with Adam's entrance in the beginning - I was like HE BETTER BE the love interest! :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2010, 07:39:52 pm »
Oh, those were the days.  LOL

I remember thinking that as well and was shocked when Samuel showed up. Shocked! I was all...nooooo not a triangle!

Hurog Means Dragon.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2010, 07:59:35 pm »
I KNOW!

And you know what was hard - Sam was a fantastic option too usually I'm more gung-ho on one choice but I would have been happy if Mercy chose him but then Adam was the better suitor for the long run and I think she made the right choice. But I think it was one of the best love triangles I read - and I'm not a fan of this trope :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2010, 11:21:14 am »
In my head i was argueing with myself, "Adam, no Sam!" :-LOVE
Howl more, whine less

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2010, 03:51:54 pm »
Oh, those were the days.  LOL

I remember thinking that as well and was shocked when Samuel showed up. Shocked! I was all...nooooo not a triangle!

I was worried about how Patty would handle that but she did it beautifully.

At first, I wanted Sam and Mercy but then with each book, I changed my mind. I'm glad it's Adam and Mercy, they really fit together.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2010, 04:08:53 pm »
I'm burning through the book. I have to stop myself from flipping to scenes that I adore. It's hard to resist doing that.

Warren's introduction really started my love for his character. His rescue of the woman at the Stop and Rob. His friendships with both Mercy and Adam and the hints of his despair over not being about to tell Kyle the truth about himself. The fact that all he wanted was a pack and he found that because of Mercy.  :-LOVE

Zee and his dagger having a nice taste of Samuel.

Meeting Stefan for the first time. I've always been a bit unsure how to take his character. I feel like Samuel in that I've never really trusted him for some reason.

So many great moments...
Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2010, 04:25:12 pm »
The unspoken accord between Warren and Mercy at the Stop'n'Rob...
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2010, 03:21:27 pm »
I finished Moon Called last night and it remains one of my favorites of the series still. Someone mentioned on the Smart Bitches site one thing that they liked about Mercy and I have to agree to this, she has friends. She's not an isolated urban fantasy female but one with ties to many people.  I like that this book has Mercy with friendships and relationships outside the idea of an HEA. That these people were important to her and that she would sacrifice to help them, I liked that she recognized that she was over her head in several situations but still continued on to help those people she cared about.

I loved that Patty has written secondary characters with such depth that I could happily read books about them as well. Warren, Kyle, Ben, Samuel, Bran, Stefan, Honey, Zee...the list goes on.

I loved to see the growth of Mercy from that impressionable, lonely sixteen year old girl to a woman who knew herself and what and who she wanted (sort of ;) ) We had the reality of the woman battling with the memories of the girl.

I loved reading about Mercy's relationship with Jesse and their mutual love and respect.

I loved reading the dance between Mercy and Adam. How they infuriated each other but made each other laugh. How they relied on each other, how they were attracted and maybe didn't want that but were drawn to each other. I felt for Mercy when Bran told her that he had asked Adam to look in on her and how that devastated her but how she had the guts to ask Adam about it later. I loved how Adam told her right out he was watching her for himself. I loved that he took steps to protect her even though he knew she wouldn't like it.

I loved that Mercy earns her own way and loved the garage and the work she did.

I loved Moon Called.

Moving on the Blood Bound! Vamps and Sorcerers, oh my!
Hurog Means Dragon.

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2010, 03:46:55 pm »
When Mercy pulled the van over Told Adam to stay put and ordered Sam out of it! Best ever!

I loved when Mercy told Kyle about werewolves then later called Adam a Manipulative bastard!

And when Sam broke up the fight and sent his power all through Warren's house.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2010, 03:58:07 pm »
Yes.
Yes.

I love that Samuel's power dropped everyone to their knees and I adored that part when Adam walks by Mercy and puts his hand on the top of her head.  :-LOVE
Hurog Means Dragon.

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2010, 03:59:35 pm »
And tells Sam that's enough  LOL  and when Sam licks Mercy's face... LOL LOL LOL

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2010, 04:01:32 pm »
A great moment for me is near the end when Ben comes to the rescue and he licks Mercy's face. Then Adam cuffs him.  LOL

There's a definite theme going on there!
Hurog Means Dragon.