Author Topic: [Mercy #1] Moon Called Discussion  (Read 55167 times)

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
[Mercy #1] Moon Called Discussion
« on: December 16, 2007, 10:58:13 am »
Just out of curiosity....what exactly was said between Sam and Adam in the van on the way back from Montana, while Mercy was waiting outside (presumably freezing her behind off)?

Samuel apologized.  He was antagonizing Adam -- when Adam wasn't in shape to defend himself.  He just didn't want to do it in front of Mercy -- especially as some of the things he had to say were just going to tick her off.  Things like who she might belong to and caveman things like that.
Patty :)

oohh thats a good question, i was wondering about that too.  i really hope she answers this ;D

MOD NOTE: added topic title - charmed, books mod
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:27:41 pm by Elle »

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Re: Moon Called Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 02:21:24 pm »
I just thought since was the first book that started of the series- and I felt sorry for this section. Its all lonely and  it hasn't got any posts yet, I thought I would start off what were peoples' first impression of the characters and what do you expect in the future ( for all the newbies :) )

I remember ordering the book about 2 years ago and it was languishing in my TBR pile which sometimes scares me. I didnt have high expectations when I picked up the book- but I got hooked by page 5 I think, while I was reading it I felt like ohhhhh this is good and I found myself rereading it 3 times and started looking at Patty 's backlist. I love when a book surprises me like this, and now I am hooked. ;D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

jenglows

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 02:35:23 pm »
Moon Called was the first Urban Fantasy book I read.  I ordered it online at the same time I got Od Magic after I got home from having my second child.  I used to stick with sci-fi and fantasy, but I thought i'd try it out because I liked the Raven books and I knew I would need something very interesting during 3 am nursing/rocking sessions. I all most changed my mind because I thought the cover was a little bit... welll...
 Anyway, I bought it and read it and LOVED it.  I was completely enthralled with the characters and the idea of such an interesting story happening in a town not too far from me.
Moon Called opened my mind to an entire genre I had dismissed.  After loving Moon Called I read a bunch of other series in the genre and enjoyed all of them ( Sookie and Rachel Morgan are my other favorites) while i patiently awaited Blood Bound.
Blood Bound was excellent, even though my son's nickname is Wulfie and the Wulfe in the books freaks me out!
I've never really been the 'waiting for sequels' kind of reader and now my husband makes fun me :)

This was a good idea HAS  ;D

Taranis

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 02:47:22 pm »
I discovered the Hurog books first, but I love every Briggs book I've read!  Having read the Hurog books I was naturally keen to find more by this amazing author...and one day I saw a friend and co-worker reading Moon Called!  I was completely excited and after she told me about the series I went and bought both Mercy books off eBay as quick as I could! ;D  I discovered the Mercy books around the time I found Stephenie Meyer, so my taste in books gravitated from traditional fantasy to an interest in the paranormal...and I can see myself branching out even more as I read all these great recommendations people have here!  Good fun! ;D

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:57:25 am »
Well, I found out about Mrs. Briggs mostly by chance. I've been an urban fantasy reader for 3 years now and I don't remember what I was looking for on amazon this past summer, but I kept stumbling across comments such as "...good, but not as good as Patricia Briggs' stories" or "...if you like this genre than you have to read Patricia Briggs' books", things like these. So, after a while I said, "Well, let's go see these books", read the synopses, got hooked up and ordered Moon Called and Blood Bound right away. I read them both in 36 hours, I had just finished my last exam of the summer session and needed my fix of reading and Mrs. Briggs saved me ;D Then I came to the hurog website to check when the next instalment in the series was due to be released, discovered the forum (that had just opened, our hostess didn't know anything about it at that time :D) and started hanging out here, harassing perfectly respectable people ;)
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 12:00:13 pm »
Harassing, maybe.  Perfectly respectable?  I'm not so sure...  ;D
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 03:27:10 pm »
If I didn't agree with you, I might have my feelings hurt! <grin>
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 04:13:15 pm »
Hmm, would you prefer "perfectly disreputable weirdos"? ;D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 04:22:25 pm »
I'm not sure that I'm 'perfectly' anything, but if that's what you've got --!

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 04:24:38 pm »
You're not making my life easy, y'know? :P
Hmm...mmmm....mmmmmmmmm....what about "distinctly disturbed geeks"? ??? ;)

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 04:24:49 pm »
of course, you are. You are perfectly Patti,

OK, mod announcement - time to get this htread back on track. we now resume our regularly scheduled programming
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 04:50:05 pm »
Mercy feels lilke she could be someone you meet at the grocery store, or in the DMV line or something, not distant like most 'real world' paranormal fiction characters.

jenglows

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 12:31:27 am »
Yes!  It's the little details that bring her home in such a real way - like making cookies when your upset, having a messy room and showering at night and then braiding you hair. The only thing is ... sometimes i think she should eat some of those cookies instead of just bake them! :)  I eat what I bake ;) In fact when I bake because I'm upset - I eat Most of what I baked and I give the rest to neighbors or I'd eat it too.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 08:33:20 pm »
I go with the eating cookie thing too, only I'm not patient enough to bake them. So I bake alot at a time, then keep them in the feezer, where I'm less tempted to eat them right away.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 02:28:13 pm »
loved moon called ! ! ! !  and the fact that i know naperville, which is where mac was from 8) ;D

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.