Author Topic: [Mercy #1] Moon Called Discussion  (Read 54922 times)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Moon Called Discussion
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2009, 08:37:24 pm »
Hey, did you know wikipedia has an article just for Moon Called?

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2009, 10:17:46 am »
Awesome!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Darcia

Question about Margie's proverb
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2009, 12:15:09 pm »
Hi,

I don't know where this question belongs to, so I'll post it here for the lack of a better fitting category.

I vaguely remember a scene in one of the first 4 books (I think) where Mercy meets someone who sais something rude and then she tells about a proverb her mother told her once. It was something like: "Always trust the firsdt thing out of someone's mouth to show his true character" or the like.

Does anyone remember which book this quote is from? Or perhaps the person who this refers to?

Thanks!
Darcia

EDIT: moved out of Mercy's fact finding thread and changed title, charmed, books mod
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 04:46:38 pm by charmed »

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
Re: Question about Margie's proverb
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2009, 04:50:10 pm »
Darcia, I'm pretty sure it's from Moon Called. Mercy thought of the proverb when Sam snapped at her after she brought Mac and Adam to the Marrok, and then he apologized.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

caerali

• Grease Monkey
Re: Question about Margie's proverb
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2009, 03:26:56 am »
". . . my mother once told me that you had to trust that the first  thing out of a person's mouth was truth.  After they have a chance to think about it, they'll change what they say to be more socially acceptable, something they think you'll be happier with, something that will get the results they want."  (MC 88)

Aaron25

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2009, 09:54:54 am »
I picked it up on saturday and started reading it soon after i got home i love it its the best book ive ever read i cant wait to read the other books in the series.

kingken

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2009, 11:33:04 pm »
I think that was my favourite part of moon called sam and Adam arguing in the van

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2009, 08:56:29 am »
Why?
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

kingken

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2009, 01:20:30 pm »
Maybe its the love thing... Where they are pushing the powers around over Mercy. The tension. I think that part was wrote to a Tee. Sam being more Dominant but Adam still growling. The fact she made Sam say sorry to Adam.... Your that caught up in the book by that scene your jiggling in your seat. LOL

cjbj

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2009, 06:45:52 pm »
I just started reading this book and am loving it I just found it on the library  bOuNcY

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2009, 08:19:58 pm »
Welcome CJBJ!! This series is definitely worth a read, the next books just keep getting better and better!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Darcia

• Tool Wrangler
Mercy's shirt
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2010, 04:40:53 am »
Hi everyone,

I vaguely remember a scene where Mercy puts on a shirt with text on it, it was something like:
"real luck is - belgian chocolate - german engeneering..." (and sth else)
Does anyone of you know the page number where the Shirt is described? I couldn't find it -.-

- Darcia

Brittany

• Grease Monkey
  • Omega Wolf
    • blog
Re: Mercy's shirt
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2010, 07:47:55 pm »
Hi everyone,

I vaguely remember a scene where Mercy puts on a shirt with text on it, it was something like:
"real luck is - belgian chocolate - german engeneering..." (and sth else)
Does anyone of you know the page number where the Shirt is described? I couldn't find it -.-

- Darcia

Here's the description of the shirt: The T-shirt was one Stefan himself had given me for teaching him how to correct the timing on his bus. It read “Happiness is German engineering, Italian cooking, and Belgian chocolate” and bore a large stain from the cocoa I spilled on it.

I know it's toward the end of chapter 9. *goes to check* In the paperback version (and I kind of think it might be the same in hardcover, but I'm not sure), it's on page 159. Hope that helps!

- Brittany
:D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 06:15:42 pm by Brittany »
Women are the bloodthirsty sex. We get the reputation, but it is only because the
women stand behind us, and say, Kill it. Squish it. — Ric Postinger (Hunting Ground)

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
Re: Mercys "Happiness is..."T-Shirt
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2010, 12:58:13 pm »
Any kind of chocolate = happiness
Howl more, whine less

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2010, 02:11:34 pm »
greatest series ever
Howl more, whine less