Author Topic: Mercy and A&O Graphic Novels  (Read 5122 times)

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
Mercy and A&O Graphic Novels
« on: December 23, 2011, 05:06:57 am »
I love your book.  I have been reading books electronically now for several years and have all your books on my ereader.  I am hoping that the graphic novels based on the Mercy and Alpha & Omega series will also be released electronically at some point.  Can you tell me if that is being considered? 

As an fyi, I have been able to get some graphic novels of some other series for my ereader and they come across quite well so I think the technology is now available to make that another good outlet for your work.

andracowolf

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Mercy and A&O Graphic Novels
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 03:57:39 am »
Actually vol 1 of the mercy GN IS available in the nook book store from Barnes and Noble, the only thing is that it is for the Nook Color with firmware 1.4 or the new Nook Tablet. the simple touch will not work. Considering that the Kindle Fire is still new, I expect it will be coming soon for the kindle fire.

on a personal note I have issue 1 of A/O comic book, and it needed massive work. The main thing I would say was that they needed to include the contents of the novella of a/o and not jump into cry wolf. Also someone needed to actually read the A/O books before doing a comic book, but that is a rant for another day

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 12:39:06 pm »
Just checked out the Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 1 Nook book and, unfortunately, it can only be read on Nook Color and Nook tablet.  I can't get it for either my Nook PC or Panasonic SuperNova, which is actually pretty interesting considering they both are color enabled.

Amazon doesn't have a version of it yet and none of the other ebook stores have one either, at least that I have found.

Thanks though for letting me know about B&N.  I'll need to keep checking back to see if they upgrade it for other devices.

andracowolf

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 07:40:45 pm »
I can't get it for either my Nook PC or Panasonic SuperNova, which is actually pretty interesting considering they both are color enabled.

yea, I think BN is going to use this as a selling point for the nook color and tablet.

Amazon doesn't have a version of it yet and none of the other ebook stores have one either, at least that I have found.

Well considering that it requires a non-eink display that elmiates most other e-readers, and the kindle fire is still new. less than 3 months old. The color has been out for a year, and the nook tablet is just a upgraded nook color

Thanks though for letting me know about B&N.  I'll need to keep checking back to see if they upgrade it for other devices.

no problem, I am a huge fan of my nook color.

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 05:36:16 am »
I like my SuperNova because I can buy from any ebook seller and have everything within the same library (Nook books show in the Nook Library but also in My Library and epubs from other sources show in My Library also).  So I may buy an author's book from B&N, another book of that author's from Diesel books and another one from somewhere else and they are all within the same folder when I look in my library.  That way I can look around for the best price on a book.  I also can get Amazon books (loading Amazon to my ereader was really easy).

But not being able to get the graphic novels is annoying me at the moment, I have to say.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 11:03:13 am »
We can move the ebook reader material to "odds & ends" if you like, folks.   
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.