Author Topic: A New Hobby  (Read 135540 times)

big city wolf

• Grease Monkey
Re: A New Hobby
« Reply #285 on: November 11, 2012, 04:25:49 pm »
Thunderbird?

Grandpappy Wycked

• Pack Member
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2012, 10:49:00 am »
Wycked: So what, precisely, is that?  It's sexy little two seater, but there's not enough sheet metal there for my eyes to even identity what type of car it is.  The back looks a bit like a corvair -- but the engine's obviously supposed to go in front.  So, throw a guy a bone, what is it?

LBC...Little British Convertible...
1962 Austin Healy Sprite. Mine, however, came with the Hood sheetmetal from a 1956 Sprite, aka the "bug eye" model.

Sadly, funds have hit rock bottom, so it either finds a new home, or sits for a couple of years... :-'

The Ducati however, just got a cylinder rebuild, redoing a few case gaskets before putting it back in the frame is the current project  >D
Sanity has Left The Building.
Please Contact Patti L. for further instructions.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2012, 08:47:20 pm »
That's a different sort of car, Wycked. 

Grandpappy Wycked

• Pack Member
« Reply #288 on: May 05, 2013, 10:08:57 pm »
The Ducati is on hold still as Mrs. Wycked has taken a page out of Patty's journal. She has started her own side business and in doing so, has been needing me to do some work for her, setting up a new work bench, setting up a "Studio in a Box", setting up an inventory system, setting up a macro station for use in the "Studio in a Box" and a few other projects all related to her new business.

Currently she is just learning the ins and outs of jewelry making with the intent of holistic/crystal healing.

Now why am I posting this here? Mr. Mike's comment on the front page about priorities. Mrs. Wycked has re-written mine and told me I too can take a break...after I get her inventory system set up...(she currently has 300 crystals and stones that need to be photoed and catalogued) and make her several jigs for wire wrapping, find her some sources for different types of wire etc... LOL
Sanity has Left The Building.
Please Contact Patti L. for further instructions.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #289 on: May 06, 2013, 05:22:30 am »
LOL

Sounds very interesting actually. :)

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

BlueCatShip

• Tool Wrangler
  • You can be more.
    • ShinyFiction by Ben W. BlueCatShip
« Reply #290 on: May 21, 2013, 05:02:50 pm »
Hey, y'all! (Or hay, y'all, if you prefer. ;) )

I just saw photos of the carousel horse from Jane Fancher's blog, Harmonies of the Net, and she pointed me to this thread.

Patty and Mike, that is one fantastic, beautiful, bodacious carousel seahorse / hippocanth. Just amazing.

Jane said she and CJ hope to get to hear from the artist husband and wife when they visit y'all.

Please let the artists know how truly remarkable that is.

And aw heck, I bet any kids and most adults would love to ride on a custom carousel like y'all are planning.

-----

Linotype? Somebody has a Linotype machine, whatever vintage? Wow, that is very cool too! (I started design work back when the Mac and Mac Plus came out, so I never directly got my hands on a Linotype machine, probably even via service bureaus. But I know enough to know they were important for over a century.) That is just really neat.

Heheh, those handbills? Hurray!

Hobo Stew? ... Um, how ripe should the hobo be? I'm just curious, mind you. Not contemplating it. Besides, if the hobo's kinda nice, I might not want him in the stew.... (Why no, I haven't had a date in quite a while. How'd you know? ;) )
BlueCatShip | Ben W.
* "You can be more." ~ Farscape * "You can't take the sky from me." ~ Firefly Serenity *
ShinyFiction.com by Ben W. BlueCatShip

Reidiwr

• Big Bad Wolf
  • ☕ ☮ ☯ ⚣ ⌨
« Reply #291 on: May 21, 2013, 06:20:13 pm »
...Linotype? Somebody has a Linotype machine, whatever vintage? Wow, that is very cool too! (I started design work back when the Mac and Mac Plus came out, so I never directly got my hands on a Linotype machine, probably even via service bureaus. But I know enough to know they were important for over a century.) That is just really neat....

A model 14 AND a model 29. :)
"If we deviate too much from the storybooks, our magic doesn’t work.” - Patricia Briggs

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #292 on: August 10, 2013, 07:33:18 am »
I thought this might interest those thinking about the carousel restoration; the tale of a "portable" one, including restoration & placement in a museum.

http://sharonleewriter.com/2013/08/saturday-ketchup-2/
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

lostbird

• Mechanic
  • (sigh....)
« Reply #293 on: August 14, 2013, 03:20:45 am »
Hey Mike (& Patty, of course),

I know you are also carousel horse fans, right? I thought you would get a kick out of this. It will be open to the public August 31 in Boston, the Fair Game neck of the woods.

Interestingly, the sculpture is ... Jeff BRIGGS!

I believe this fairly cries out for a return trip to NE for Anna and Charles (hint, hint...).

Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway Carousel

Cheers!

8)

Redbirdie

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #294 on: August 31, 2013, 06:40:56 am »
This guy does miniature custom carved carousel...wait for it...dogs!!!  I'm sure he could custom carve a nice horse based on one of your horses if you wanted something in the house.  Or a NICE WOLF!!!

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #295 on: December 24, 2013, 07:35:32 pm »
This made me think of "OH! I know who has a carousel!"

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #296 on: December 27, 2013, 01:52:31 am »
Kyria LOL

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Reidiwr

• Big Bad Wolf
  • ☕ ☮ ☯ ⚣ ⌨
« Reply #297 on: December 27, 2013, 08:37:19 am »
 :D
"If we deviate too much from the storybooks, our magic doesn’t work.” - Patricia Briggs