Author Topic: Elizabeth Vaughan  (Read 58890 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Re: Elizabeth Vaughan
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2010, 11:40:20 am »
:D I think I'm ebil to your wallet :P :D

I am excited about the new book though - cannot wait to revisit those characters! Missed them :(
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2010, 11:43:50 am »
LOL you are a bit. :P

Revisiting charachers you like a lot is always a good thing.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2011, 01:27:44 am »
Just a headsup but for those who haven't bought Warprize yet the reissue has a new short story and I think a new intro!!!  I am tempted to get it because the short story features Simus :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2011, 04:57:16 am »
Hey guys! There's a cool interview with Elizabeth with a giveaway for her latest book and goodies. Also there will be a Q&A for today and tomorrow so if you want to ask a question or enter the giveaway here's your chance!

http://www.bookloversinc.com/2011/05/interview-author-elizabeth-vaughan.html

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2011, 11:19:34 am »
Hey guys! There's a cool interview with Elizabeth with a giveaway for her latest book and goodies. Also there will be a Q&A for today and tomorrow so if you want to ask a question or enter the giveaway here's your chance!

http://www.bookloversinc.com/2011/05/interview-author-elizabeth-vaughan.html

I love her answer here - this is totally recognizable!

BLI: What do you think is the difference between a reader and a real Book Lover?

Elizabeth: Oh, I think a Book Lover is someone who falls headfirst into a story, allowing the words and the characters to carry them off and away. You know what I mean? When you are reading and you suddenly look around, confused as to where you are and what time it is. Someone who gets so deep into a tale that it’s a physical wrenching of the spirit to get pulled out by someone calling your name. A Book Lover turns the lock on the door, turns off the cell, draws the shades, gets comfortable, and disappears into the worlds that books provide.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2011, 12:43:07 pm »
Sums me up! :D Although I can read a book full of noisy kids baying for blood - I noes how to tune 'em out :D

I do like the sound of her new book - its going to be  a modern PNR which will be a change of pace.

Sadie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2011, 12:36:49 pm »
Has anyone read War Cry yet? I wanted to do a reread of the first three books. I enjoyed but didn't keep Dagger-Star and White Star and loved Destiny's Star though I don't own it...yet.

I may have to pick up that trilogy just because it sounds like she may be revisiting that world again. Anyway, I'm starting War Cry and am looking forward to Heath and Atria's story. :)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2011, 03:52:23 pm »
I have! I preferred it to the first Star book although I did like White Star and Destiny's star's setting was great although I wasn't a huge fan of the romance.

I think Elizabeth has more ideas for the War series - I definitely think Keir's ambitions is going to play out and there will books on the other supporting characters. I did email her and had the opportunity to interview her for a couple of blogs. She said she's working on a contemporary fantasy series - with flashlights! That is all I know :D

Sadie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2011, 09:03:33 am »
Oh, yay! I do love Keir and was so mad at the end of Warlord when Keir's title was stripped from him. The entire world she created in the War series fascinates me.

Did you enjoy War Cry?

A contemporary series you say? That would be very different but I'll give anything she writes a try. :)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2011, 03:20:45 pm »
I did! It felt like the romance between Heath and Atira was almost secondary to the main plot and you do see alot of the supporting characters as well as Keir and Lara. Unlike the original trilogy this was a book that turned the tables on the firelanders and the action is solely centred back to the kingdom. It was very intriguey and I liked it. There is a firm hint at the end of the book that Keir is determined to get back his title and is even more determined to be Warking. There was also a huge surprise in the end too which I thought was fun!

Sadie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2011, 04:21:02 am »
Now I wish I had more time to read! The book is definitely coming home with me tonight so I can read more this weekend, maybe even finish it.

Thanks for the wee spoiler. :)

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2011, 11:45:40 am »
I've hesitated to buy Warcry because I didn't like the "star" books. I liked Atira okay in the War books, but I  :-LOVE Keir and Lara. So I'd really probably read it just to get more of Kier and Lara.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)