Author Topic: Aurielle and Mercy  (Read 4515 times)

Mouse

• Tinker
  • I failed the Turing Test
Aurielle and Mercy
« on: March 11, 2011, 06:26:35 pm »
I'm wondering how Aurielle feels about Mercy.

She seems to like her alright in IK, but then in BB she says 'Better Warren as second than a coyote in the pack'

I'm guessing that's because Mercy has now been brought into the pack and she doesn't know how to deal with it.

But then in SB she gets really mad at Mary-Jo for letting the fae torch Mercy's house, and then she seems really happy after Adam and Mercy spend the night at Warren's house.

So do you think she's had a change of heart? Or is her anger at Mary-Jo more to do with harm to the pack? And her happiness due to Adam feeling better?

Maybe she doesn't know how she feels.
"Just because a promise becomes desperately inconvenient doesn't mean you don't have to keep it." Mercy Thompson in Iron Kissed

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
Re: Aurielle and Mercy
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 07:24:32 pm »
If by "BB" you mean Blood Bound, that's the second book in the series, whereas Iron Kissed is the third, and the others are even later. So I think what you're seeing is the evolution of Aurielle's attitude towards Mercy. (In a positive direction. Darryl also seems to be leaning that way, which probably helps.)

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Mouse

• Tinker
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:30:36 pm »
ooops. meant bone crossed. sorry. dyslexic.  :-[
"Just because a promise becomes desperately inconvenient doesn't mean you don't have to keep it." Mercy Thompson in Iron Kissed

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 07:32:33 pm »
Gotcha. Well, most people have back and forth times in how we feel about someone who represents massive change in our lives. Was this in the car, when Mercy was having her epiphany? If so, something about that struck me as a little pushy for Aurielle. Like she was doing it on purpose to see how Mercy would react. A test of sorts.

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Mouse

• Tinker
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 07:35:05 pm »
I get what you mean. It didn't really sound like Aurielle normally does, so maybe she was just testing.

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 05:25:37 pm »
She may have been testing Mercy, or she may have still been getting used to the idea of Mercy being part of the pack.  In Iron Kissed, she'd gotten used to the idea of Mercy being Adam's mate, but Mercy wasn't part of the pack then.  I think in Bone Crossed she didn't like the idea of Mercy being part of the pack, but gradually got used to the idea, sort of like Darryl did; he just adjusted a bit quicker.  Some people take a while to accept anything different, and Aurielle strikes me as that sort of person. 
WAKE THE SANTAMIND. -Eric James Stone