Author Topic: Warren's Future Job Prospects  (Read 11134 times)

Prince of Pain

• Mechanic
Re: Warren's Future Job Prospects
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 03:23:03 am »
Warren could also go the TV commercial route. Que in William Shatner  "And now for the new face of Priceline.com," Enter Warren in his cowboy outfit and sun glasses.

P.O.P.
Q: What do you do when your friends turn on you and hand you over to the Vampires?
A: Get yourself turned into a werewolf and go back to rip their freaking heads off.

Come Check out my Blog and read my stuff at:
http://www.blog.admiralwho.com
Admiral Who? now available on amazon!!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 03:25:26 am »
Where is the connection?  Why would anyone care?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Prince of Pain

• Mechanic
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 11:57:03 pm »
Where is the connection?  Why would anyone care?

If the commercial sold well because of Captain Kirk and his Star Trek appeal.  Why wouldn't the public go gaga over a real life were-wolf.  The were's just recently came out.  Warren could make a few howl at the moon or Price Line needs to change and that's were Full Moon Warren comes in.  Or something of that nature.  I've got to think that there is a whole sub-sector of advertising that wants to cash in from the cheap thrill of seeing a were-wolf on tv promoting for instance.  'Doggie kibbles you pup will love them.  I sure know I do."  Or 'once a full moon isn't often enough to chow down on puppie chow.  So you know if I like it your dog will love it.'

If you accept that there will be a lot of trashy advertising opportunities then someone like Warren should be able to pick up some less trashy ones like... Price Line.

P.O.P.
Q: What do you do when your friends turn on you and hand you over to the Vampires?
A: Get yourself turned into a werewolf and go back to rip their freaking heads off.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 07:48:13 am »
I still don't see any reason for it to be Warren.  Honey, one of the submissive wolves maybe.  No point wasting Warren's talents, including his dominance, on crap like that.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 09:44:38 am »
I also don't see Warren wanting to be that much in the spotlight.  I'm not saying he wouldn't be effective in advertising, just that he seems more the sort to not want to draw undue attention to himself.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 09:58:39 am »
I thoroughly agree, Kyria.
Consider:
He's got hate over being gay.
He's got hate over being a werewolf.
He's got hate over being a dominant werewolf.
He's got (shoot, he & Charles could theoretically butt heads on this) hate over being a cowboy.
And that's all more or less local.

Make him a national spokesman for anything and the hate would go through the roof.
Hate groups involved would be:  anti-gay, anti-werewolf, anti-fae (ignoring the fact that fae & werewolf aren't the same thing), religious fundamentalists of various stripes, macho groups who refute the "cowboys could be gay" idea, and people who would resent anyone in any "minority" group getting rich/famous.

Nope, not Warren!

I really like the idea of his being an assistant for Charles; maybe Bran would admit that it's such a big job that he should have regional operatives who would report to Charles, then only call him in when it's too national in scope a problem for them to deal with on their own.  Break it down by time zones, maybe.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 02:41:07 pm »
He's got (shoot, he & Charles could theoretically butt heads on this) hate over being a cowboy.
Somehow I see Anna and Kyle having fun over Cowboys vs. Indians. 

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 03:16:00 pm »
How about proprietor of a Wild West Theme Park.  LOL 9) :P

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 07:30:44 pm »
*is now picturing Charles and Warren co-managing a theme park*
Come on, you can't tell me you wouldn't find it a LITTLE funny to watch Charles try to run a business overrun by human children. 
I want to hear what Brother Wolf has to say about the fiasco. 
As for Warren, he might not be able to pull a Mercy and intentionally antagonize the more dominant wolf, but I could see him sitting back to watch the fireworks. 

That said, yeah... I don't see the theme park happening. 

I just had a thought.  I can see Warren having a management style more like Bran.  Deadly dangerous, yes, but he'd rather be more subtle about it until he needs to pull out the deadly force.  And when a ball needs to be set rolling, he can give it a swift kick and just know that it's going to roll downhill, because it wouldn't dare try anything else.  Warren, like Bran, has gravity on his side. 

Prince of Pain

• Mechanic
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 02:55:12 am »
I have yet to see anything in the thread about this cheese ball.  So if you already did, feel free to blast me for missing it.

But what about the Dog Whisperer.  Or you know, the Wolf Whisperer.   :-whistle

Guaranteed to turn even the most vicious dog into a whimpering mess crouching in its own quivering puddle of pee.  The Were's could use the line, if all your pup needs is a little scare and a strict hand to get through to him, we can salvage him.

Like I said total cheese.

You know I was just thinking that with their high metabolism and regeneration, that the were-wolves could make some big money as blood donors.  Probably not to humans.  Unless its saliva specific.  Can you imagine how many were-wolves a guy could have turned from donating a few quarts of blood here and there?

But for vampires, on the sly.  You could donate blood.  Now I don't see this as Warren's gig.  I mean he might donate to stephen now and then under extreme circustances but it would be something along the lines of.  You couldn't pay me enough money, this is for friendship only.

Also I'd think that were-wolves would make excellent hunting guides.  Very little training I'd think to get the hang of it.  Pack hunting area limitations might come into play though.

Now sure.  I'll have to think up something else.

P.O.P.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:59:05 am by Prince of Pain »