Author Topic: Mercy and the Pack?  (Read 16879 times)

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
Mercy and the Pack?
« on: February 08, 2011, 08:10:38 am »
What's gonna set Mercy off when she moves into Adam's..  and to be fair, things that might drive the pack crazy too. 

**Excluding Pack-bond issues, (except maybe really funny ones --Keep it clean!!!) just for now lets assume Bran got her past most of that**

Who ate the last cookie out of the community cookie jar?
Dang pack leaving their piles of clothing laying all over!
Who's gonna clean Medea's littler box?
How mad would Mercy get (or anyone else really) get if a grumpy wolf snapped at Medea?

Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Mercy and the Pack?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 10:36:29 am »
Lack of privacy is going to be the big one.  You can't hold a private conversation without playing rock music at ear damaging decibels.
Everyone knowing by scent when they've been . . . consummating their relationship.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 01:07:48 pm »
True, you'd think that a house that Mercy has described as a mansion in one of the books, would be big enough or at least well built enough that it's a bit more sound proof.  I hope they remodel the master suite, including possibly a guest room into a sitting room upstairs for personal cozyness use for by them at least part of the time and thoroughly sound proof at least that part.

//stolen from another thread, do werewolves lift their legs on the shrubbery?  I hope they don't kill the landscape!

Will she institute No Pack days?  imagine a sign on the door,

///Attention///
This is a NO visitor night
Unless you are at death's door, you better stay away from ours!

//edit to add, I think to some degree, she's already getting at least a little more comfortable with having the gang around.  I can't imagine Christy ever being happy about it so I bet Mercy makes a big effort on it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:12:51 pm by DandelionWine »

Galbalicious

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 06:56:42 pm »
I can't help but think that Mercy having had some time alone with Adam, together on the fringes of the pack bond I guess, would help Mercy's status, standing, and acceptance in the pack. Honeymoon seems exactly what they needed.

For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 05:42:36 pm »
Mercy getting into trouble, and the pack trying to keep Mercy out of trouble.  This one's a gimme, considering a couple scenes in RM. 
WAKE THE SANTAMIND. -Eric James Stone

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 05:13:25 am »
Hey Kkat, that sort of brought a thought!  Do ya'll suppose that Mercy's 'talent' for trouble might slowly become a sort of asset to some, or even most of the pack?  Adam's always expected a lot of discipline from his wolves, but they haven't always been happy with just a few rabbits on moon hunts... or so it seems to me.  He's not one to waste a chance to use circumstances to the benefit of his pack, if he can just find the right angle.

She seems to attract reasons for them to go after dangerous enemies which it seems to me they'd actually enjoy.  A lot like Jessie said about the fight with The Fideal, like Jessie said, they loved that fight and it seems to me they only got upset over it on principal... and then really (probably), only a few for their own reasons.

Are they really looking for a peaceful existence full of safety and security?  Also, if they aren't fighting a common enemy (or 10) they have more time to bicker and push/pull amongst themselves...  something TI's (or DI's) in the military are well aware of.  Find a common goal to aim the platoon or flight at, get them aimed and armed, then let them fly in the right direction.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 08:10:31 am »
Wonder if they could use it to finagle a retainer or contract out of the Grey Lords for taking care of some of their messes before they come to public attention... Or Bran...
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 08:29:53 am »
Hmm, if one wants to be that closely into business with the Grey Lords, tricky and ruthless as the fey are.

Also, it would be a question of public relations I think. It is too soon in the game as known monsters to appear truly monster like. IMO

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 02:32:42 pm »
Oh, they'd have to still keep a very low profile.  And it doesn't have to be all warfare and mayhem... just sometimes!  *cough cough*  And then, they know how to errr... bury the evidence darn well.

Galbalicious

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 04:56:06 pm »
The fae still creep me out =3 And I like the point about having a common enemy, very true.

For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 06:24:36 pm »
With all the trouble the fae and the vampires end up sending their way (or causing), they ought to start charging.  The Columbia Basin Pest Control Service.  :-whistle They could have fun and get paid for it.

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 06:55:06 am »
  they could charge per wolf
Howl more, whine less

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 06:08:22 pm »
Or charge per dead body.  ;D Extra points for ripping them to shreds and eating them! 

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 06:46:55 am »
 LOL Sadly I don't think the cops would see it that way
Howl more, whine less

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 09:31:27 am »
Well if the bodies were eaten how would the cops know anything? O)

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy