Author Topic: Sam and Ari  (Read 5689 times)

Chelle

• Tool Wrangler
    • Toffee Flavoured Treats
Sam and Ari
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:47:14 am »
I looked, but this doesn't seem to have been discussed yet!

What do you guys think of the pair? I'm quite happy Sam finally has someone (because I do love him to bits!), but I hope to read more about Ariana. She seems lovely but I don't know enough about her personality yet in order to consider whether I actually like them together!

In my opinion, Sam needs someone strong willed so that he doesn't get his own way all the time. Like Mercy, but of course not her!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Sam and Ari
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:52:55 am »
http://www.hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4999.0 Is the "Charles and Ari" thread.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 04:40:42 pm »
Yes, but that's about Charles's reaction to Ari, which isn't the same thing at all.   :-\

I agree with you Chelle.  I would like more of a 'sense' of Ari and their relationship.   :)
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

dee

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 01:31:18 pm »
i agree with chelle in the strong willed thing... having the woman you love scared of a part of you is kinda risky for a guy at the verge of suicide....but then who knows characters in this world grow and become braver and wiser even after a crippling incident, like anna even mercy herself.....hinting we really need a book for them  O)....

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 06:40:48 pm »
I see them as getting together happily, though not without problems then staying in the Tri-City area.  Ari has her g-g-g grandson Phineas who she loves a lot, and Samuel has his job, Mercy who he's still close to, the other friends he's made in Adam's pack, and the fact that he's useful to the pack members there. 

He'll stay a lone wolf to avoid problems with Adam, but Adam is secure enough to keep him a bit under his wing too.  Samuel would have a hard time joining any pack now anyway because he needs to maintain his cover to keep his job as a doctor. (plus he's so dominant he could really only be the Alpha and he wouldn't want that) 

There may be some problems because of being close to but not in the Columbia Basin Pack in the future, but I still think he/they will stay in the area.

All just my opinion of course...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:48:55 am by DandelionWine »
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 11:23:56 am »
I agree DandelionWine, and you can't send some with such a severe phobia to live with the Marrock's pack where the majority of the crazies are.

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 12:14:01 pm »
At some point - and I can't remember if it was in a chat or at the Howl -- Patty said that she MIGHT do a story telling Sam and Ari's relationship that evolved while Mercy was in the Fae-land. But she pointed out that it would be really difficult to write the book from Mercy's first-person point of view and tell two other characters' love story. I'd be interested in finding out more about Ari as well, but generally I'm content that Samuel's happy. :)

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 01:15:55 pm »
Well, Sam is already a lone wolf, he's somewhat detached from the pack, just assists now and then medically, and when the Marrock has some reason to make a request of him.  I see no need for them to be in the thick of pack things.  She's already been able to speak to Adam in human form, there's little need for her to be exposed in day to day life...  of course, if some situation arose, where her help was needed, things could happen.  But I don't see it as an ongoing thing.

Sam goes to work, she starts a jewelry shop, or an on line silver working business, or works with her grandson in his store...  maybe Jessie stops in to visit them.  She may have some relationship with Mercy, whatever.  I hope we learn a little more, but Mercy's books are so full already!  THICKER BOOKS!!   That's what we need!!   O)   ok, I'll shut up now.
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it