Author Topic: leaving out spaces between words  (Read 4763 times)

jgeorge

• Tool Wrangler
leaving out spaces between words
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:24:41 am »
Please reinstate the spaces between words (as in the last two novels). It drives me crazy and is not cute >D The stories are wonderful and I've read six so far. Great writing, but hate the shoving words together (a la web names). Thanks and keep the stories coming. Jane. :D

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: leaving out spaces between words
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 10:12:03 am »
Hi Jane, I'm a bit confused as to what you're referring to with no spaces between the words? Do you have a wonky formatted e-version of the last two books?
Hurog Means Dragon.

jgeorge

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 10:49:17 am »
I have downloaded Dragon Bones from kindle and DragonBlood from ibooks and both of them have words pushed together every time the font changes either size or style. Since I got them from two different places, I thought they were printed that way.  Maybe it's just the translation into e-book that gets confused at the change of font and removed the space between styles. I have other e-books in the series that have no problem with the font change (like italics or all caps) from normal and back again.  Has no one else noticed it? Thanks. Jane.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 10:55:20 am »
I have heard that ibook ebooks have formatting issues but that has been the case with other vendors. Have you emailed and complained to the store? At least they can look into this and maybe even give you a refund?
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

jgeorge

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 12:48:13 pm »
Since these two books are the newest and just the latest I've downloaded, I thought it was in the book. I have four other ebooks from both places without the same problem.  Guess I could go to Books-a-Million and look into a printed version to see what's what there. I guess it's just the electronic transfer that messed up. You did see that it wasn't only ibook, didn't you? The kindle from Amazon did the same thing. . Jane. O)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 01:21:56 pm »
It def sounds like its from the publisher *HUGS* I have had my fair share of formatting woes but the print versions shouldn't have the same issues.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 03:55:15 pm »
That's definitely a formatting issue with your ebooks. None of the print books are like that nor are any of the ebooks I have (I get both) like that either. Looks like you just got lucky and got badly formatted e-versions. Make the vendor aware of the issue and ask either for a refund or another e-version. If the same issue exists the vendor needs to fix this issue because no one should have to try to suffer through reading a badly formatted ebook. It takes away from the enjoyment.

Ibook and kindle could be getting the Hurog series from the same source.
Hurog Means Dragon.