Author Topic: [Mercy #6] River Marked Discussion  (Read 105519 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: River Marked Discussion
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2011, 12:59:35 pm »
My favorite quote is still the "I thought it was pretty cool when that little old lady tried to give you a twenty."  ROFL!
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2011, 02:31:01 pm »
Loved it! The dead bunny line cracked me up; it's definitely one of my favorites.  I also loved the shirt Jesse made for Mercy.  I read the book last night, during my fifteen minute breaks at work, during my lunch break; it's a good thing it was a slow day at work! I want to see more of Jesse, Gabriel, and the pack in the next book, but I also want to see more of Coyote and the others.  I have too many favorite scenes to even begin to analyze them.  I want to know what some of the wedding pranks are that Samuel has told Mercy about. 
WAKE THE SANTAMIND. -Eric James Stone

cathgarc

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2011, 03:47:09 pm »
Patti, I had completely forgotten about that scene! There were so many great scenes in this book that i had forgotten about that one. I liked when they were in Walmart and she just had to explain herself to those people watching her, only causing herself further embarrassment.

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2011, 04:25:16 pm »
There are so many good scenes in this book, I loved when Adam's wolf was in charge and wouldn't let her up. Seems like Adam's wolf is as protective of her as Adam is, actually more so since he won't listen to reason.  ;D LOL

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2011, 04:48:46 pm »
I liked Bran's behaviour at the church a lot, him calling Adam 'pup' and all and talking about her being one of his treasures.  It's funny, she was in some ways fatherless, but she's had and still has many willing to step into that spot for her.  Her foster father, her step father, Zee and Bran... 

I'd really like to read her letters to the other people too, after all, it's much better to tell people you love and value them while you're both still this side of the turf!  Saying it during a eulogy about them or in a letter after you're the one gone is just not as helpful to anyone.
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

yasmine

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2011, 04:51:50 pm »
I liked Bran's behaviour at the church a lot, him calling Adam 'pup' and all and talking about her being one of his treasures.  It's funny, she was in some ways fatherless, but she's had and still has many willing to step into that spot for her.  Her foster father, her step father, Zee and Bran... 

I'd really like to read her letters to the other people too, after all, it's much better to tell people you love and value them while you're both still this side of the turf!  Saying it during a eulogy about them or in a letter after you're the one gone is just not as helpful to anyone.

I thought that was pretty funny too!

retro

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2011, 08:14:23 pm »
for some reasone thinking about the wedding scene i can see bran zee and cayote siting around a cafe talking about mercy's past and plans for her. maybee morgaina instead of zee since she's a grey lord who has taken a liking to mercy

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2011, 09:06:05 pm »
I loved Bran in the church, too, and that he and Zee had words over who got to give Mercy away.  That's always been one of my favorite parts of a wedding, because even the most independent of women will always be her daddy's little girl, and there really ought to be a nod to the fact that he is trusting another man to take good care of her.  Even if the "dad" in the picture is only a father figure and not the real father of the woman. 

And it's all the better if he throws in a reminder that if the husband hurts his little girl, the dad will shred said husband into a billion little pieces.  :)  (DO NOT EVER TELL MY DAD THAT I THINK THIS IS NICE.  HE DOES NOT NEED ENCOURAGEMENT, TRUST ME!)

Moonlight

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2011, 08:31:45 am »
That Kindle feature is going to be the death of me.  I can see that now.  I woke up about 2:30 to get a drink of water and there it sat on the counter mocking me.  So I thought, I'll just see if it was delivered.  It was.  And I didn't get back to sleep that night.  Work is so inconvenient at times.  And then I had to go to Patty's book signing last night.  So now I have to reread the book because me sleep deprived brain can't remember half of what I read.  But I will say, I would love a t-shirt with the bunny quote.  Then I would no all the Mercy fans without having to ask!  (Course, I'm not sure how the uninitiated would react.)  I loved Coyote, Wolf, Thunderbird.  Don't count Walking Stick out.  That thing goes where it wants to. 

gingkogirl

• Tinker
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2011, 08:44:13 am »
Thanks for sharing your story Moonlight!
It makes me feel so much better knowing that I am not the only one who does
things like this!
Hope you enjoy your re-read and get some quality sleep soon!

ppbwashu

• Tinker
  • God, thank you for moving me to wine country!
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2011, 09:12:36 am »
I loved the book!  So many good scenes!  River Marked definitely made my flu recovery better. :P
Find what you love and do it!

caerali

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2011, 10:42:34 am »
I laughed out loud and scared the tar out of my poor dog on page 29.  Adam and Mercy were discussing the butterflies.

~~~

"Monarch butterflies," said Adam.  "Can you imagine the poor things trying to figure out their migration route from the Tri-Cities?"

"She has to be stopped before she destroys the ecosystem," I told him only half joking.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:46:31 am by Elle »

YuleRule

• Tinker
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2011, 03:24:33 pm »
Amazing book! I just loved Coyote! Mercy doesn't want to think of him as her father, but does he think of her as his daughter? Also, I was waiting for almost the entire book, until the scene at the end, where Coyote found out that Mercy is friendly to vampires. I wonder what past history Stefan and Coyote have? I really want to see more of Coyote, and the other werewolves reaction to him and everything. In other words, I want the next book out yesterday!  ;D
Please Check These Out!

Interpreter

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2011, 05:42:47 am »
That Kindle feature is going to be the death of me.  I can see that now.  I woke up about 2:30 to get a drink of water and there it sat on the counter mocking me.  So I thought, I'll just see if it was delivered.  It was.  And I didn't get back to sleep that night. 

I specifically stayed up until midnight to download it into my iPad. I read it and didn't stop until done! :-whistle Who needs to be awake at work?

Interpreter

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2011, 05:56:08 am »
I have a feeling that walking sick is going to be trouble now that it has been blooded on the monster's heart. That thing has a mind of it's own.  >D Afterall, it seemed to take over Mercy when she was trying to defend herself with the otterkin. I just can't see PB letting the thing disappear in to the 'sunset' with Coyote. What possible 'fun' could Coyote have with it?