Author Topic: [Mercy #6] River Marked Discussion  (Read 105315 times)

midnight

• Tinker
Re: River Marked Discussion: Early Reviews and Spoilers
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2011, 06:27:30 am »
I've just finished River marked. All I can say is wow. Adam/Mercy relationship, Mercys father, river monsters, native american people and stories, the wedding, just wow.

:-LOVE  :-LOVE   ADAM   :-LOVE :-*

I completely adore this man, I really do. :-* :-*

Mod Note: Edited for spoilers.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:26:09 am by Zealith »

Adolpha~Of~Blue~Moon

• Tool Wrangler
Ya, River Marked!
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2011, 05:15:11 pm »
Hi, i'm anew joinder and this is my first post, but I just got the book River Marked! I had it pre ordered, and i'm living in Canada so I got the book early here! Well thats all.  :D

highcountryrider

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2011, 10:58:55 pm »
On Audible!  bOuNcY
(audiobook)

River Marked
by Patricia Briggs
(Coming March 1, 2011)

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2011, 03:12:35 am »
Midnight tonight!!!!! bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Kkat07

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2011, 05:50:17 pm »
 bOuNcY bOuNcY
WAKE THE SANTAMIND. -Eric James Stone

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: River Marked Discussion
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2011, 03:35:45 am »
Hi everyone! Welcome to the official release day of River Marked. Enjoy the book and feel free to discuss it in this thread without spoiler tags. If you're going to take discussion of RM out of this thread into other sections of the board you'll need to use the spoiler tags for these first 2 months. This is a courtesy for other members who haven't had the opportunity to read the book so that they won't be accidentally spoiled.

Code: [Select]
[spoiler]Insert River Marked Spoilers Here[/spoiler]
Hurog Means Dragon.

Australian Emm

• Grease Monkey
  • But if I see you before you see me.... Look out!
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2011, 01:41:57 pm »
I don't need a step ladder, I have a Mercy  :-LOVE
"Yeah, so what? I'm the living undead, whats your exuse?" - Dante H.C.Havoc's Signal Fire

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2011, 01:47:56 pm »
Adam didn't approve of Walmart

I LOVE THAT LINE :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

got-dragonz

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2011, 04:16:51 pm »
I'm new to posting, but I just gotta say I loved RM.  I had pre-ordered it on amazon and it came a day early, so of course I had to stay up til 2:00 am and read it.  Now I'm going to go back and re-read the whole series finishing with a second, slower reading of RM.

It was really great to have so much of the book focusing on Mercy and Adam together, and it was interesting learning more about Mercy's shifter side - though I did miss seeing more of the regular characters.  There were so many great scenes - Bran calling Mercy a treasure, Adam having to undo all the buttons, the dead bunny, Mercy on drugs...  :D  I'm really glad that Patty included Mercy's letter at the end - it was a pleasant surprise.  I'm kind of going to miss the walking stick though, it's been so helpful to Mercy in the past few books.  Also, I hope Coyote comes for a visit in another book, he's a great character.

I have a question about the spoiler chat mentioned on page three of this thread - I hope it's ok to ask this here - there used to be chat archives, and I hoped maybe the spoiler chat would be available to read.  Even though I've read the book, some of the spoiler info adds to it.  I looked all over the site and couldnt find anythng...

JenRar

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2011, 05:30:03 pm »
I just have to say I ran out and bought the book first thing today, read it almost nonstop, and absolutely bawled at the end, simply because I was done.  lol  I'm going to do what the last person said and reread them all, including the 2nd, slower, more thorough reading of River Marked.

Fantastic!

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2011, 06:47:20 pm »
Just Finished! (*&#% my students were so SLOW doing labs today.  They were there twenty minutes AFTER I was supposed to be home, reading happily in the Mercyverse!)
The book was DELICIOUS.  Loved it. 

First off, so happy to see the wedding!  I liked it, because I'd have been sad to see Mercy elope and get married without any of her friends there.  Also, I enjoy seeing people conspiring against others... as long as the outcome is good, and I'm not the intended victim. 

I have mixed feelings about Adam giving Mercy one of his dog tags.  One of my very best friends in high school was National Guard, and he gave us a little bit more graphic details of the "one tag is left with the deceased soldier" thing... but he was ridiculously proud of the things anyway.  They're important, yes, and symbolic, but that doesn't mean I don't have graphic nightmares about that particular practice. 

LOVED the "Nothing says I'm sorry like a dead bunny" quote (totally need that on a T-shirt...) - there were some real winners in this one! 

I liked Coyote, but I particularly liked that Coyote and Charles have apparently had words over Mercy, and that Coyote described him as terrifying, but a good man.  I wonder what Wolf would say about Charles and Brother Wolf.  or Bran's wolf, or Sam, for that matter. 

That said... *beats Adam over the head with a regular, non-walking stick, stick* WHAT WERE YOU THINKING LETTING THE FAE INFLUENCE YOUR HONEYMOON!?  *headdesk*  OK, so it might have gone very badly if Mercy hadn't been there - just as Yo-Yo Girl suggested - but he has nobody to blame but himself for putting his Mate in danger this time. 

So... when is the next book out again?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2011, 06:52:37 pm »
I love the amount of love in this book.  Not just Adam & Mercy for each other, but Bran, Charles, Samuel, Zee.  And Joe.  And even Coyote...
I love how right and wrong we were, both at the same time, about different things; them eloping - but not; Coyote ("The Coyote") as her father, but not; honeymoon, but not...
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2011, 07:02:27 pm »
Well said, Patti.  Don't forget love for/from Mercy's sisters, mom, step-dad (who apparently gets along well with Bran... whoah!), Jesse...

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2011, 08:04:40 am »
The parts with Coyote were my favorites....  Well, really, I liked that whole deal at the henge with the animal spirits.  I thought it was cool.  And I liked the juxtaposition of the native-American magic with the european magic (fae, werewolves).

And nice resolution about the walking stick!! :D
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

gingkogirl

• Tinker
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2011, 08:42:04 am »
I love the Kindle pre-order feature as the book was waiting for me when I woke up at 5 am!
Of course I had an insane day and had to sqeeze my reading in but I did finish at 11 pm last night.
There is so much to love about River Marked and while my obsessive nature might have liked more details about  the wedding: how did Mercy wear her hair? did she have a veil? rings? Adam gave her rings? when and what did they look like? etc, more details might have slowed the story down. The scene was lovely in its simplicity and emotion.
I enjoyed meeting Coyote and all the information or not information he had to share. I am sure that is going to impact future stories.
Loved the humor, loved the love shown by all the characters.
At the end I had a thought. Will Mercy's mortality be impacted by the fact that her father was basically a human construct or skin of an immortal spirit. I know Patty said she doesn't like to give her characters too much power but is Mercy mortal when her father was not?
So much to speculate and obsess about.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:59:37 am by Elle »